Therapy Bullshit (and the search for a new therapist)

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by wixbloom, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

See if THAT PERSON can recommend someone, when you've regained a few spoons?

2. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

when i wasn't in school and looking for a therapist, i actually contacted my insurance company to see which local therapists they covered. worth a shot?

3. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

they have that on the website but you have no idea the nutters I went through by simply going through the list making appointments

4. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

5. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

oh, jeez, i remember reading that post. maybe try googling the names paired with trans, lgbt, and the like to see any reviews people have left before you try actually booking apps with anyone. or maybe try a local lgbt group and see if any therapists they recommend are on you insurance's list?

good luck

6. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Luana says she's contacted her cousin who is a psychiatrist too and will get recommendations that accept my insurance. Meanwhile, I've also told this sotry to my moirail! He basically said the same stuff you guys said, that that was not OK and that I can do a lot better and at least now I got to have confirmation that that relationship wasn't gonna work out.

• Like x 6
  7. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

I mentioned your case to my therapist today (I hope that was ok, I just told her what your shrink told you) and she was absolutely appalled at your previous shrink's behaviour, so I guess more data that the shit yours pulled was absolutely Not Ok.

• Like x 1
  8. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I'm really moved that you thought of me at all, actually! Thank you so much ^^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice