Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

mmmm periods.

More like I am angry as fuck, have a headache, my back is cramping, my stomach is cramping, and I feel sick. A+ job body, you really did a number today.

2. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

i put a rib slightly out a couple weeks ago at my last opera performance. i haven't had time/money/spoons to go to the chiropractor and get it fixed. it's gotten better but twinges occasionally.

and then something in it popped about twenty minutes ago and FUCK ME OW

• Like x 1
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

my sister forgot to turn off the fairy lights and went to bed and i don't wanna get up to unplug them but she's asleep and i'm basically just being grumpety and stubborn at this point but. i really, really don't wanna get out of bed i just got comfortable bluargh.

4. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

It turns out I turn into a right miserable brat when I am ill :( Especially when I can't swallow without stuff hurting going down :(

5. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

GROUP ASSIGNMENTS.

Specifically, group assignments feat. me with my executive dysfunctional ass trying to get myself into gear but lacking the mental resources to take charge of the entire assignment and I need everyone else to actually reply to shit so I can have a plan; W, who is very smart and much more organised than me who tends to be the one doing all the work, or at least, she takes my work and makes it look pretty because I am shit at that; J who, while incredibly unenthusiastic, has good work ethic but it's hard to actually get him to be proactive in getting shit done; and M, who has contributed absolutely nothing and refuses to reply to any messages on facebook comments.

GROUP ASSIGNMENTS.

• Like x 1
  6. Nochi

Nochi small waterfall of pure void

Low blood sugar crankiness. Unfortunately I'm hesitant to eat bc all we have here is microwaveable meals, which make me feel like a ball of grease. I have the makings for rice balls/sushi, but those take time and spoons.

(There's a bonus rant about D's grocery buying habits in there somewhere, but that also takes time and spoons.)

7. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Colloquial use of the word of karma is now just kind of whatever to me. Go ahead. Fucking use it.

What isn't whatever though is using it for religious purposes when your karma doesn't actually resemble ANY of the models of karma. Or even actually the base concept. The pagan community's fascination with that word and saying they believe in karma is going to be the fucking death of me. Put my shit down. Now back away from my shit.

I'm more than happy to explain these things to people. It is what I consider my duty in many respects.

But just.

God. Dammit.

• Like x 2
  8. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Re: Age of Ultron, I saw it today and it was in fact pretty good! The issue is there are a few scenes/lines/concepts I have to fully erase from my brain in order to enjoy it like I have the first movie or most of the MCU in general.
    (Edit to explain myself: Bruce/Nat. Good gods, why)

9. lvkz

lvkz Well-Known Karkat

my head has been hurting on a range of like fuck, shit, to damn all day and its still not done, i didn't really need to whine about this but i felt like posting hi everyone

10. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

My internet at home went out somewhen last night, and I went to campus to mooch off uni wifi
    and now the damn connection keeps fizzing out

fuck yoooouuuu eduroam

(it alternates between connected (for about 1 minute), then flips into "limited connection"

blrrgh

and if my home internet is still out tonight i wont even be able to call their troubleshooting hotline because i'll be home late

11. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

12. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Having 20 fun things you want to do, but brain dumb making it impossible to choose what to do, causing boredom despite obvious options. Y u do dis, brain. Also my nieces and nephew running screaming around the house all night cause of my aunt's birthday and I just find kids completely insufferable which isn't their fault but definitely isn't helped when they are really badly behaved even for kids. Ugh.

13. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

I need to find and pay a programmer to work on this project of mine. It's super important and will be a Good addition to my Portfolio and I can show it off to employers because it is an Original idea that I think is awesome, but I have to find a programmer. And then when I find a programmer through google, is he right programmer for job? Perhaps he only right programmer for other kind of job but not this job. Perhaps programmer not like taking job even though he put his name on list of people looking for job. Perhaps programmer evil ex-husband pretending to be programmer with different name. Perhaps programmer like evil ex husband and impossible to work with. Check. No, he's thin and healthy. Perhaps programmer too cool for my Original idea which is not as Awesome as I thought it was. Perhaps programmer not a programmer at all but Something Else. Perhaps they all laugh at me when I show Original idea because Original idea is impossible to make (even though Original idea has been programmed before and isn't that hard) Perhaps programmer wrong word! A-ha. Search web developer, go through same process.

14. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Overload. Stupid fucking overload.

• Like x 1
  15. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Stuck at work late. FFS, these simulations take time to run, and asking me for them at 2:00 when you need them before midnight on the same day is just mean. :(

16. anonyl

anonyl New Member

friend lives in basement suite which belongs to a relative of mine. father of said relative is doing some renos on her suite. instead of waiting until this weekend, when she is away, he decides it is a GREAT IDEA to upend her life and do them today and tomorrow. you know, while she's trying to pack for a weekend trip. oh, and did I mention that this friend is easily overloaded by noise and chaos thanks to PTSD/anxiety, and the renos involve a concrete drill? oh, and this friend is also dealing with fucking leukemia and so is chronically exhausted on top of everything else.

... how stupid can a person be?!

17. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i really don't like AU fics where the author takes everything special or interesting out of the setting and/or characters and makes everything as ordinary as possible. i don't understand why they exist. they're like... diet fluff versions of fandom. why would you do that?

and why can't i stop reading them?

i just tabbed a steve/bucky wedding planner au, and i know i'm going to be pissed off the whole time i'm reading it, but i'm going to read it anyway. whyyyyyyy. it is a total certainty that a steve rogers who isn't a hero, and a bucky barnes who doesn't have ptsd and murderface, are going to make me want to throw my laptop across the room. they always do. but i cannot seem to close the tab.

i've only just recovered from the avengers college AU where natasha wasn't even badass. why do i do this to myself. ;_;

• Like x 1
  18. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Can't sleep. My mum may be made redundant at work because her boss may have been fired. Nobody is sure yet. Bluh.

19. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I personally write those sorts of AUs and RP in them because I just really love the characters' personalities and I want to see them in a whole host of situations. Situation and life experiences end up affecting who a person is. So how would Mindfang develop in normal human society and without her mind control thing? That is a question I want to answer. For me characters are often at the forefront of my relation with fandom, with things like the setting come second.

Then again I also don't like making it just happy fluff because real life isn't just fluff? The stuff that removes everything about the characters and the complexity of mundane life is what bothers me. If you're going to do a normal real world AU of Homestuck then by god at least maintain Aranea's personality traits. Because while not having mind control would definitely affect how she views things I don't think it's going to cause a jump from "Girl with control issues and severe paranoia and narcissism issues" to "Happy and well adjusted normal person who is planning weddings or something".

Because let's face it she's an unpleasant bitch of a person. And she'd probably have many of the same social issues in our normal world as she does in Homestuck world.

20. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

oh, i definitely like au's that preserve salient points about the character. whether the serkets are telepaths or just manipulative isn't terribly crucial to me, but a generic meet-cute where the sassy barista just happens to be named vriska? don't do that to me. :/

it's epseically heinous with characters who have been strongly influenced by their shitty past, when their shitty past gets erased. the winchester brothers were child soldiers with ptsd and a scary, obsessed dad; an AU where they had regular childhoods in a small town and their dad was just a grumpy bastard, that's not even a supernatural fic really, it's just a litfic about small-town life with the names of supernatural characters pasted on. know what i mean?

since you're a homestuck, i'll use my fic california dreaming as an example of what i like in an AU. eridan's a strugglng actor and equius is a robotics postdoc. eridan's not genocidal and doesn't shoot a rifle and can't breathe underwater; equius doesn't accidentally break everything he touches or build himself a robot girlfriend and trap a ghost in it. there's obviously no hemospectrum. but they both come from rich but toxic backgrounds, families that look down on everyone else, and both failed to live up to those families' standards. eridan is still self-centered, melodramatic, and attention-seeking; equius is still smart, uptight, and controlling.

heh, now it sounds like i'm bragging myself up, or arguing with you, or both. i guess what i'm trying to say is, your AU's sound great and i sure wouldn't mind a link. :D it's just the generic romance plot au's where the character might as well be an OC that i can't stand, and roll my eyes at myself for reading anyway.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice