Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

People are trying to shout about whitewashing with two leaked images, one of them (the darker one) being a camera photo of a screen. Not a screen shot. A photo of a screen. You know, the thing that always fuckes up the color and resolution of and image.

I'm betting they're going to be furious when she shows up lighter in the game too, because nobody stopped to think for three seconds, "huh! the white clouds in the background are grey! perhaps the image is darker than the actual screen!"

But no. You did that eyedropper tool so good.

• Like x 7
  2. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Someday, on days where I can't communicate worth shit and also can't seem to understand anything worth beans (except for hours later when it's no longer relevant and anyone else involved has gone on with their lives), I will figure out how to not do that, and instead to think, understand, and communicate like a normal human being instead of one who's two hours behind everyone else.

Until then I'm going to go to sleep and try again tomorrow. Damn you, brain.

3. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

IS this nervousness from ADHD going haywire? Or am I just being forgetful because it's been months since I last had to book this room and I no longer remember half the shit involved with it or even know if the plumbing issue has been corrected and don't want to screw up someone's night worse? It's boooothhhhhh! (jazz hands of panic)

4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I'm angry about something that happened over a year ago: when I went to the dentist here for the first time for a cleaning/checkup, they found a cavity and the fucking dentist told me that "Cavities aren't for adults, they're a child thing. It's time to be done with them."

Like okay, I'm not the absolute best teeth-care person in the world but I do try and why would you even say that to a patient. Especially one with severe dental anxiety. All it did was make me feel so ashamed that I never want to go back, which is obviously WORSE for my teeth. Also it's completely glossing over the fact that things like, oh, GENETICS exist and influence a person's susceptibility to something like cavities, and that that is COMPLETELY beyond their control!!!!! ALSO INSTEAD OF SHAMING PEOPLE WHY DON'T YOU INSTEAD TRY TO GUIDE THEM TOWARD BETTER HEALTH PRACTICES. TREAT THE ISSUE THAT'S CURRENTLY THERE AND THEN TRY TO HELP THEM PREVENT IT IN THE FUTURE.

I am still so fucking angry and I want to tell him that literally the reason I haven't made another appointment is because of what he said.

• Like x 4
  5. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@Saro what the FUCK. I'd find another dentist if I were you, that's awful behaviour.

• Like x 2
  6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Trying to decide if it's worth voting third-party for Governor because screw you both.

7. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@Saro wtf I hope he trips and fall onto his cleaning tools

• Like x 2
  8. budgie

I am bored and nothing I can do is interesting.

I don't even think it's anhedonia, just that I'm alone and the only interesting things I can come up with involve other people.

9. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

the entire concept of capitalism

I work til 1030 tonight. And have to be in again at 830am tomorrow. Why did I agree to take tonight's shift. (Spoiler: because I missed an entire week to hellcold and only work two days this week otherwise and I am a poor motherfucker with car and medical bills to pay.) I am Going To (want to) Die.

• Like x 2
  10. budgie

Aaagh why would you make it so that hitting pause twice restarts the episode, especially if you're not gonna let me fastforward back to where I was?

11. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

12. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Trying to figure out how to order these elastic shoelaces ("hickies" brand specifically) and how many are in a pack. "Enough for a pair of shoes" no, that is not a number??? My shoes have 7 eyelets each, are there 14 in a pack? Don't make me squint at your promotional images to try and count the damn things just g i v e m e a n u m b e r

• Like x 2
  13. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

I can't afford any gaming rig that can play the games I want to play and I don't know when I'll ever be able to :/

14. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Could you try slowly acquiring parts? I've been doing that for my soon-to-be computer and, while its taken almost two years, i'm about to buy the last part.

15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Decided to go back to the site I said I was going to leave because there are some users who share my views and some more reasonable right-wingers, but it's currently overrun with people older than my father with about as much grasp of why I'm unemployed as my pet rats have a grasp of mountaineering.

16. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

That's a good idea.

I think I'm suddenly feeling pressure because I really want to play Mass Effect Andromeda when it comes out. And discovering that even an entry-level video card costs as much as I've ever paid for a full computer in the past. I don't think I can justify the expenditure.

Edit: *blows raspberry at self* I'm exaggerating. Maybe I can find something affordable on Gumtree.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  17. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Today I have to do the one thing I said I wouldn't do upon being rehired to this job.

18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Today was GONNA be a spoon-recharge day after the horror that was the last two days. Instead I'm getting dragged out Christmas shopping (or, rather, sibling-wrangling while someone else does shopping, which may or may not be worse). Why this.

[Sympathy fistbunp]

19. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Found this on facebook today

image.jpg
    I would bet good money this guy thinks there's a war on christmas

• Like x 9
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Out-of-touch blockhead telling me how it's my fault I'm poor and fat for not buying some ridiculous piece of kitchen equipment which costs roughly as much as I have to live on per month and using it to make health food to sell to my neighbours which a) they would not want and b) I am not allowed to do without a licence.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice