Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Some dickwad updated the IGN walkthrough of Andromeda to claim that the romances are all playersexual. So now people are getting mad at Bioware for that because it's not proper representation (which imo, I do agree with.)

The problem is, that's not what's happening. They already confirmed, in a number of interviews with Gameinformer, that they would be following a DA:I/ME3 model of sexuality for the characters.

So there are people on my dash screaming at Bioware for something they didn't even do.

• Like x 2
  2. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

"I just need to finish this paragraph and I think I'll be done!"
    -things I said two hours ago, foolishly, still not done.

there's a lesson in this, and I am not going to learn anything from it

• Like x 1
  3. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

[Changes work availability to not have shifts past 8pm for Medical Reasons]
    [Nearly a month later, have at least one shift running past 8:30pm a week]
    :||||

• Like x 1
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Very Sad Movie about warzone photographer made blind from explosion having Dealing With Blindness Incidents
    and then the fucking dramatic-to-audience reveal that the boyfriend she's calling for through their statement is very dead and bloody in the kitchen. But SH3'S BL1ND R3M3MB3R?!

I noped the fuck off upstairs to pack my things for leaving in a couple hours. Sounds like people showed up so they stopped watching it. But they'll probably continue it later.

5. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Paid my rent on the 23rd, checking was charged on the 25th, and yet here is a "notice to vacate" letter in my door for ...non-payment of rent.

My dudes, you've had my money for a week and I have proof, and furthermore this is not the first, second, third, or fourth time you have done this exact thing when I've already paid the rent and you've already taken the money and we're gonna have a nice little come-to-Jesus in the morning.

• Like x 4
  6. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

upd8: I go to apartment office this morning wielding confirmation e-mail and printout of transaction history.

Manager is not there. Apartment Management Minion goes "hmm let me look that up... oh, yeah, we just didn't post it."

. . . . . ok for future reference maybe try doing that before you threaten to fucking evict me in three days for "non-payment" of rent I paid a whole fucking week + a day early?

7. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Doing things takes time. Even when I have the machines doing things for me it still takes time. I want the things to be done now.

• Like x 1
  8. Loq

I need to sleeeeep but my brain is awaaaaake

Eta I FIGURED IT OUT this is the first night in like a week it hasn't rained and it is Too Quiet. Time to find a white noise generator

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    • Like x 1
  9. Why is "no thanks" not an appropriate response when I don't want to watch a movie? Why is "(struggling not to voice crack) I don't give a fuck" not an appropriate response when I don't want to watch a movie?

• Like x 1
  10. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

either burnt my mouth or stabbed my mouth without realizing at some point, and a patch of dead skin on the gum came off and I am frown face bc it made me panic for a few minutes. 8I Nothing big, really, it's a thing that happens. But it was a wide patch and it's near my most problematic of teeth on the upper jaw. So panic. Blargh.

11. Lambda

saw that post about candles with scents based on each US state, went to check Colorado on a whim
    "Takes you back to The Centennial State, with scents reminiscent of mountain spruce and ski lodge."

WTF SKI LODGE? that's not a scent! the other candles have actual scents!
    also, I've been in a ski lodge literally one time and don't know how to actually ski, I would get almost no nostalgia or enjoyment out of this candle. (what does a ski lodge smell like? sweat? dirty snow? rich people cologne?)

which is a silly thing to be annoyed about, so much that it's wrapping around to amusement so I'm going to keep grumping about it

• Like x 3
  12. Loq

Because I go through the company website to get my work schedule, my google ads are now for the store I work at.

[​IMG]

• Like x 5
  13. KingStarscream

Pretty sure my sister (or one of her family) dropped a cigarette on this blanket before she got it back to us. It wouldn't be a big deal but the way it singed/melted the fluffy fabric makes this scratchy spot in an inconvenient corner.

14. KingStarscream

I opened a window so that Apollo would stop crying at the backdoor for the outside, and Mars promptly took the path of most resistance and knocked over a can of soda onto FUCKING EVERYTHING. Thankfully none of the electronics were damaged, but it's not a route he's allowed to use and he knows that so I'm a LITTLE PEEVED.

15. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Some guy in a youtube video I'm currently watching is pronouncing "iodine" two completely different ways for no apparent reason.

• Like x 2
  16. Well we are trying to get my car, which keeps randomly dying, to the junkyard, and it fucking died on the way there. We have currently abandoned it in a parking lot and are taking a break. It'll be a blessing once we're finally done with this thing.

• Like x 1
  17. Lambda

I accidentally broke a drinking glass, which was part of a matched set, it'll be kind of obvious that it's gone.
    I don't know what to do with the pieces, and or how I should own up to it, or what.

they're fucking brittle and low quality, though. this isn't the first one to break, and it was already chipped
    are they going to be pissed? I can't remember what happened last time

• Like x 1
  18. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

I am anxious about my graduate project for this stats class. I have procrastinated on it A LOT, and I am sort of out of time to ask for help in a way that won't be last minute.

The kicker is I've been doing REALLY well in this class, to the point where if I got a 50% on this project and a 50% on the final... I would still get a B/B- in the class. So what's annoying me is the fact that it's not that big a deal but I've conditioned myself into feeling like it's a big deal. DX

• Like x 1
  19. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I got a call from These Guys. They don't even know my name. They just told me to call back immediately. Their number is now blocked. Given the number of people talking about gym memberships, I have a feeling this about the previous owner of my phone number not paying bills - the numbers that called me all got told I have no idea who that was, but they never seemed to remove me from their caller list.

• Like x 1
  20. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

The weird prickly feeling after you've burnt your tongue.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice