Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Left work yesterday at 3 PM, told the photo clerk who took over for me that a certain order was supposed to be done that night. The store was open until 11. Got to work this morning at 8 and it was still there.

2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

My phone is overheating more quickly than usual and I can't figure out why :T

3. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I am super impatient about a bunch of things that I cannot speed up, and yet I am have 0 motivation to work on the things I can change right now. Why, brain?

4. Loq

I have fixed the overheating issue! Aaaaand now I'm losing battery like whoa. Gr8.

• Like x 1
  5. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

There's a loud hissing noise coming from the utility closet down the hall. It cuts right through headphones and it's shattering my concentration.

6. People are making posts related to the new Overwatch comic saying "I don't play Overwatch but I'm so happy Tracer has a girlfriend" or similar. One of these posts, made 8 hours and 40 minutes ago, has 40,850 notes. That's roughly 79 notes per minute. And I'm so mad. I want to be popular. I want attention. I want double digit notes for once. No one cares about what I have to say on tumblr and it bothers me.

• Like x 4
  7. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I review my day so far:

> less than 2 hours sleep
    > cat won't give over howling because of the wind
    > phone call from the supermarket saying my card's been rejected for today's order
    > Li's phone is out of battery and he's two towns over working and has taken his debit card with him
    > fucking panic
    > ask my mum if I can put it on her credit card til I can pay her Friday, thankfully she agrees
    > have to phone supermarket to give them details
    > I hate phones
    > get another phone call from my old HR manager who tells me that I'm welcome to come back into store and sign in to get access to staff areas if I want to chat
    > she reveals they haven't even told anyone I'm dismissed due to health
    > somehow feel worse about being too fucking disabled to work
    > go to wrap my mum's gift and discover some jakey bastard has stolen a bit of the set
    > go radge
    > hunt out receipt while cursing up a blue streak
    > sit down to wrap Li's presents
    > sun in my eyes, can't see a damn thing
    > accidentally step on and crush gift while getting up to tilt blinds so sun is not in my eyes
    > bsod

8. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

@tickingnectarine if it makes u feel any better, "people who post things that get a lot of attention" are definitely the outlier in this situation; most people don't get any attention on tumblr

9. I need attention and validation. I want to be adored by the masses. I want to be good enough. I want the hours and hours of work I put into my cosplay to be noticed by more than two people.

• Like x 1
  10. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

:( witnessed, at least. i know that feel.

11. Southe-lands

Southe-lands A Cliff in Front, a Wolf Behind.

Aaaaaaugh. God do I know that feel. I don't know what to say other than to keep at it and eventually you'll be noticed?

12. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

my day continues to be great

> go to make soup and have the pan and ingredients on the cooker
    > then discover that the pan has got damp into it and is musty af
    >bottle of aftershave (gift) turns out to be broken and leaking
    > more phoning
    > grocery delivery arrives late
    > bottle of apple & watermelon spritzer is leaking over everything
    > decide it was a really bad idea to get out of bed today

• Like x 1
  13. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Wrapping presents feels like a really whiny thing to be frustrated over, but man, wrapping presents. Even when they're perfect rectangular prisms they never come out looking tidy.

• Like x 4
  14. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Steam refuses to connect, I decided now would be a good time to update my Rimworld mods. Got the ones from the forums done... but I can't access the workshop.

15. Loq

I want food I don't have to clean up after. But delivery involves Phone. And I don't want to go back out in two-days-before-Christmas traffic.

OTL

16. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Oh look, a site all about posting feel-good stories about the little (and sometimes big) things that strangers have done for you that just totally turned your day around/saved you from a bad situation/made you want to live another day!

Oh.... look...... a story about how this person went to a sermon about the starving kids in Africa and reflected on how lovely it was to be a upper-class Christian with food on the table..................... that's great.....................

• Like x 6
  17. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Some idiot kid tried to rob me at gunpoint last night. I'd guess he was 17, some variety of Middle Eastern.

Robber: [pokes me with pistol] hand it all over!
    Me: No.
    Robber: I'll shoot you!
    Me: no you won't.
    Robber: I've taken the safety off!
    Me: no you haven't.
    Robber: [looks nervous] Give me your money.
    Me: you realize there are cameras right there?
    Robber: [runs off]

Worst Bandit Ever.

And this story sounds like such Internet Tough bullshit. I swear, it happened.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    • Like x 7
  18. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

similar things with my dad, my grandpa, and my spouse. Totally believe you, glad he was as dangerous as a moist towelette.

19. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Roommates are talking about the gory details of childbirth in the living room and I don't know why.

20. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM GOOD OL' MOTHER NATURE!! i dont know why it surprises me every year. it happens every time. and now it is time to enjoy retail work in a popular store for christmas gifts on christmas eve. with cramps. and nausea. and back pain. and bloating. and an unusually short temper.
    :toot:

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice