Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@Sethrial MacCoill It never even occurred to me that there might be a difference between parables and fables, except that I've only encountered parables in a religious context.

2. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

the defining features we came up with (that was the point of the class) was that fables are generally (but not always) about non-humans, often have the characters causing their own downfall, and teach a common-sense style life lesson. Parables have religious connotations, are about people, not animals, and teach a spiritual lesson. There are exceptions to both, but those were the loose definitions we could come up with using an hour and about twenty examples.

3. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Why do video games persist in having unskippable opening credits? Especially unskippable opening credits that pause when I switch windows?

• Like x 3
  4. I'm so tired of living here. I'm tired of every single morning being so stressful because my sister can't be a normal human being and mom can't handle it.

5. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I have an itchy scalp. It's driving me very, very nuts.

Mustn't scratch, mustn't scratch, mustn't scratch.

6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Puffy ugly zitty face from steroids, raining, didn't bring enough food for lunch, I can't concentrate enough to read articles I need to read, broken headphones. * grump *

7. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Customer, did you in the year of our Lord two thousand and seventeen just really for real make an AIDS joke in my motherfucking showroom and expect me to laugh?

And no, it's not a customer I can fire. smallish town, connections to mayor and city council, would be an utter shitshow.

8. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

The fever is real
    I would like to sit up without sudden dizziness plskthnx. And also not to feel like I'm made of lead, that would be nice too

9. NatashaBezmena

NatashaBezmena Unnamed&Unseen

... the fact that I'm not allowed to (POLITELY!) post anything with my perspective on Facebook without getting shouted down, but my far-left friends can post whatever they want and I'm not allowed to comment on it without being labeled as this-and-that phobe? LIVE AND LET LIVE, Y'ALL. I may be a cisgendered white female christian, but that doesn't mean I hate everybody who *isn't*.

10. doro

doro Collector of Unfortunate Sexualities

Since I knew the new season of Sherlock was coming out, I reatched the whole series, watched through all of TJLC Explained, made a huge effort to transport my big ass Sherlock poster all the way up to college, and tuned into a livestream to watch the season finale live. Allllllllllll because I was assured, I was convinced not only by Rebs on TJLC Explained but the people involved in production too, that this would finally be it. That this was THE EPISODE. That today they would declare the for the world the love they had been alluding to all this time. That they would kiss. That I haven't been queerbaited along by a show for seven fucking years.

......I'm so tired. I'm so fucking tired of this shit. I've been made a fool of way too many times now for this show, for fucking queerbaiting writers. They said take your faith in us and go shove it.

So I'm taking recommendations on what I should do with my giant fuck off Sherlock poster.

• Like x 2
  11. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Sympathy like. My vote's on burning the thing, or giving it to someone who somehow still likes the show.

12. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Fold it into a boat and give it a Viking funeral?

• Like x 1
  13. doro

doro Collector of Unfortunate Sexualities

I was thinking something along the lines of burning it or giving it away, but I always like sublimation instead of just destruction; I wanna do something artistic with it. Draw a beautiful Johnlock mural on the back and hang that instead? Fold it into an origami middle finger or smth to hand next to my big ass gay pride flag? Something constructive to do with my anger...

• Like x 2
  14. shmeed

shmeed plant me

i keep my computer in my bf and i's shared room. today the bf is sleeping all day in a desperate attempt to fix the terrible nocturnal pattern we're in. which is fair. but i wanna go on my computer and play startdew valley and listen to music on my good speakers and i can't. ;n;

(silly complaint because i have a laptop and the whole living room but still)

15. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Holy shit i either waited too long this morning to take my concerta, or the latte i had just as i was starting my shift has fucked with my concerta or strattera somehow

I was able to write some stuff thats pretty usable earlier but right now i have to go through some documents to actually complete all my assignments and, uhhhhhhh

You know you're in for a fun time when you can't concisely even explain the problem, jfc

16. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

I've been asked to provide information to a colleague on shipping prices (along with a breakdown of prices by weight) for the courier company we use. How about instead of asking me, who has limited information on said policies, you, idk, ASK THE COURIER COMPANY THEMSELVES? I do not work there. I do not have access to that info. I won't be doing anything you can't do yourself from your own desk.

Also, the guy that sits across from me has been reading parts of his emails out loud to himself all morning. Just snatches of phrases here and there, like he's thinking out loud. And it is so. fucking. distracting.

... phew. *deep breaths*

17. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

From earlier in the evening, but: I have frigging headphones on and I'm watching Markiplier yell about subnautica. Why can I still hear you watching anime, Matesprit and Hummingbird? If it were only the intro and outro, that'd be one thing - those tend to be louder than the rest of the show. But no, I can hear actual bits of dialogue.
    Why.

18. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

And now the cat won't stop yanking stuff down off the little table next to me, probably because she's hungry and this is the best way she knows to get attention and food. Except that she's on a diet, because she is a pudge, so I cannot feed her more tonight.

19. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

At school today instead of work. Tired of having to switch my schedule around to accommodate post-strike pre-performance stuff. Is it a super big deal? No, I'll work Friday instead of today, I checked w/supervisor, that's fine. But routine, man. It's a thing.

20. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I'm kind of annoyed that I just drank my last Fitz's Black Cherry soda

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice