Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. shmeed

shmeed plant me

Milo walking on my head at 5am

2. Good to know, but too late. Thank you though.

3. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Last night: I get home around 8 PM after working late, find a notice on my door that I have to sign paperwork at the apartment office today or I'll be in violation of my lease. This is the first I've heard of this. The problem: Boss has jury duty and may or may not be here, which means I'm flying solo. I can't close the fucking shop down to go sign a paper. So hey, I figure, I'll just call the office and explain that I can't come down today, it'll have to be tomorrow. That's reasonable, right?

This morning: I call the office. Get put on hold. Have to hang up because a customer calls. Try again. Have to hang up because a customer comes in. Repeat two or three more times. finally I get hold of a live human.

Me: Hey, this is [Me], I got this notice last night that says I need to sign some paperwork but--

Her *cutting me off*: Yes, you need to come to the office and take care of that today.

Me: ...okay, but I'm calling to let you know I can't do that today because my boss is out and I'm here by myself, and I can't close the shop down to come sign a paper. So if I could come in tomorrow--

Her *cutting me off AGAIN*: Ma'am, you have to come to the office and sign that today. I can't help you over the phone with it.

Me: ...I'm not asking you to help me with it over the phone. I'm just telling you I need to do it tomorrow, or else I need you to fax it to me so I can sign it today.

Her: *exasperated noise* I CANNOT HELP YOU OVER THE PHONE. YOU HAVE TO COME TO THE OFFICE.

Me: Okay, and I just explained to you why I can't do that today--

Her: I HEARD YOU. I HEARD WHAT YOU SAID. Do you want a manager to call you back? Because I can't help you with this.

Me: All I need you to do is tell them I'll be in tomorrow and make sure I don't get any kind of penalty for this, because it's not my fault I can't come dow--

Her: YOU'RE YELLING AT ME! STOP YELLING AT ME! I'M JUST DOING MY JOB! DO YOU WANT ME TO LOSE MY JOB?

Me: I am not yelling at you and no, I don't want you to lose your job, and I don't want to lose mine either.

Her: THEN I GUESS WE'RE IN THE SAME SITUATION, AREN'T WE? I HAVE A CHILD. I'M NOT GOING TO LOSE MY JOB FOR YOU.

Me: Okay. You know what. Have the manager call me back. Thank you.

...was I being unreasonable? I don't think I was, but... what the hell, man?

• Like x 1
  4. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

• Like x 1
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Politics is terrifying and there's nowhere I can get away from it. I work in politics, and now I can't even go to my usual calm-down activity spots without constant reminders of how terrifying everything is. I can't fault anyone for it, because it's important and I've reblogged stuff too, but it's a constant, steady spoon drain at a time of year when I'm never at my best anyway.

• Like x 1
  6. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

upd8 on today's annoyance: boss got picked but released by 5 so I went to sign the thing, and it was one paper they forgot to have me sign when I signed my lease last month

it was the agreement

for the fucking

VIDEO LIBRARY

WHICH I DO NOT EVEN USE

They had me sign and BACKDATE IT TO THE DAY I SIGNED THE LEASE

They fucked up and they gave ME shit because I couldn't immediately come in to cover their asses for them.

*flips a table*

• Like x 1
  7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

steam updated so it won't let me play undertale so i have to update my mac to fix it

8. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

There are literally more people in this house sick than healthy. I have some godawful flu thing, Tiger (cat) is falling apart from old age, and Syd (lizard) refuses to eat on his own and hasn't pooped in like two months.

It's a bad day when the only healthy beings in the house are a cushion-aspiring cat and a hamster. I just had to clean up after Tig and it was so bad I promptly had to throw up in the sink and lie down on the lino for a while D:

9. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I program my appointments into my phone because I am so bad at a) remembering and b) keeping track of little appointment cards. I'm more or less resigned to that, though.

Today's source of annoyance is that my phone's calendar appears to have eaten a bunch of my appointments. Why.

• Like x 1
  10. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I missed twelve birthdays after my phone decided that it was going to purge my calendar. Technology is the devil.

• Like x 1
  11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I want to buy stuff! I have very little money to buy stuff!

Also: I want a mug for the lab so I can drink hot water there and not use a gross lab mug. I love cats so I want a mug with a cat on it. But 99.99% of the results for "cat mug" are so fucking dumb. I just want a nice/cute cat mug that doesn't say "You're stressing meowt!", why is this so hard?

• Like x 3
  12. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I put my tablet up on a table where the cat had previously ignored things, and which was plausibly out of her reach. The cat then decided to yank my tablet down onto the floor. The tablet which she has already cracked once, by yanking it down onto the floor (off of a chair).

There is now a chunk of the screen missing from one of the corners, and it is very visibly cracked all across. Provisional testing indicates that it will still turn on, but provisional testing the first time indicated the touchscreen still worked and that wasn't true a day later, so I'm not trusting that my tablet even still works.

I'm also so very ticked at Matesprit for going "we'll just put duct tape on that! be careful of your fingers in the meantime! we'll look into replacing it later!" Fucker, your cat just destroyed the birthday present you got me which I have had barely any use out of.

13. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Teeth are doing The Thing again, and all the games I want to play need headphones/directional sound. Bluh.

• Like x 1
  14. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

That godawful flu thing? Actually nightmarish (literally, included symptoms were vivid nightmares on subjects that have never bothered me before) withdrawal symptoms! From a pill that I didn't think was that important!

So like an idiot I just ran out of it last week and I was like 'meh, I'm sure I don't need it'. I AM A FUCKING LOON.

(For the record I have the meds now and all the horrible-feeling and fluiness and nightmares and mood swings had more or less stopped. But I feel really, really stupid - fuck me for ever thinking I could ever take LESS medication, right???? :/ )

• Like x 2
  15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Sympathy like. I know those kinds of feelings very well. :(

• Like x 1
  16. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Why does my brain always get swirly when I dig in and start creating stuff this is stupid.

17. I'm not good enough and I haTe pharmacy customers.

18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Invisible bruise :T luckily not in a place that gets a lot of stress, but...

19. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

Ah yes, hammers and loud talking at 5am, that's appropriate. Definitely no other time that renovation could be started.

I sleep like the dead and wear earplugs, but it still woke me up, and of course I couldn't get back to sleep when they just kept going. Can't wait to hear their justification for this.

• Like x 2
  20. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Theyre building new apartments right across the street from me. Construction noises get into my dreams and make everyone scream one word over and over in time with a hammer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice