Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

My heart is beating like mad because I'm thinking of what to write for a personal statement. It's just going insane, and it's actually DISTRACTING me from my task, which is making me freak out even more and making my heart beat even faster.

2. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

The weather is nice and the sun in shining, so there are people outside my window making noise :(

• Like x 1
  3. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

My guts have been really unhappy the past few days and now they are making their complaints known in the form of a cloud of noxious ass surrounding me. I hotboxed the car on the way home with farts. It smells like egg salad gone horribly, horribly wrong. Like a zombie shat, and a zombie dog ate it and also shat. It is foul and unnatural. My ass is currently a portal to the Realm of Stink. Even the dog is avoiding me, and his face still stinks from when he tried to lick a skunk's ass.

I'm going to die choking on my own fumes.

4. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

My sinuses hate me today for no goddamn reason.

#the feeling is mutual

5. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Everything I own has up and stopped working. My PSVita runs without a single hitch for two years and now it won't turn on and who the fuck even knows what wrong with it. It won't get fixed though, that's for damn sure, cause nothing I own is worth getting fixed. I mean, that one laptop I got for my birthday even though I didn't want it and specifically asked them not to buy me crapped out two years ago, but fuck if anyone's gonna get it to someone who could maybe tell me what's wrong with it! "Wow, we better get it to the shop before my Geek Squad whatever the fuck runs out!" she says seven times over the course of seven months. Great! Fun! Super happy how that never worked out! Oh, sure, my tablet doesn't hold a charge anymore, well whatever it's old, I can just keep it plugged in for longer, oh wait it doesn't connect to the internet anymore? Except, it does, but only when I want to download apps and such? Except it only does that on the second Tuesday of every month, when the moon is full and it's not too tired? SUPER. GLAD.
    Shit, it's probably all my fucking fault. I'm just so mad, I hate having to remind people to do things they promised, cause whatever they don't owe me nothing and I don't care anyways, and I'm never gonna get any of this fixed or buy new stuff cause that all costs money and I hate when people spend money on things I don't need and shouldn't even want in the first place, and now I've got nothing to go online with that isn't a family computer in the same room as my younger brother who's gonna be there for the rest of the summer so I can't get any privacy and I dunno, fuck it, sorry.

6. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Ticks. I'm going to be feeling things crawling on me all day and watching for the Lyme rash for the next month. Fuck all bloodsucking insects but ticks in particular.

7. raydelblau

raydelblau the giant rat who makes all of the rules

i finally have the motivation and the energy to begin packing away my belongings for the big move, and this no good dirty rotten pig-stealing blister on my toe won't let me walk about for more than fifteen minutes without having to sit down and take a break. ROAR!

8. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I'm getting so upset about these math/ logic exercises that I'm almost crying in the middle of Subway (the sandwich franchise). I have math tutoring in an hour and I was supposed to bring these in and not being able to solve some of them and being unsure about the rest and not being able to cheat is making me so so so upset I'm feeling so bad I'm feeling like a complete stupid fucking failure and it's so upsetting and I can't even talk about that to my tutor. Why am I not getting things why does this make me feel like a worthless human being if I can't get all of these one hundred percent right why do I even exist if I can't get these beginner level logic exercises right I am so stupid

9. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

@witchknights that sucks so much, and I have been there so many times- math is an evil thing for the most part :( do you still need help? What type of math is it? I'm pretty decent at word problems a lot of the time, and if it's something I've had before I can probably explain the concept of how to get the right answer even if I can't get it myself(very prone to making small errors in calculations that fuck me over).

As for my complaint for the thread, my sleep schedule has been fucked right over lately and I have to get up at 10 tomorrow when I've been finally getting to sleep at like 5 or 6am.

10. witchknights

@Alska it's mostly, like, those little logic problems - "if john jonas and judith like to golf and the accountant takes fridays off who is the cartoonist" and stuff like that, and some others who have what appears to be really simple answers but that i'm sure are wrong, you know? and it makes me really, really anxious because i had to give my word i wouldnt look for the answers online - my tutor basically wants to see my levels of anxiety, i think, and how i get the process? but it's affecting even the EVEN SIMPLER stuff like finding the intersectional amount in these venn diagram conjuncts things.
    i have a major anxiety block with math and logic and like, today we studied physics instead and i was so nervous about those exercises i had a lot of trouble with my thought process even in stuff i'm supposedly good at.

11. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

@witchknights oh, I like those! And I can show you how to make a lot of them simple by making tables so you don't get things mixed up. basicallay, you put all of subject 1 on the left side of the page, and all of subject 2 on the top of the page, and make a table. Then with each qualifier it gives you can check it against what has already been said in the ones above, or see if it matches the list like: the girl doesn't go golfing on Friday- in your example Judith is the girl- this means she is the accountant- this means you can cross off accountant for each other person, and cross off all of the other possible careers in Judith's line.

And yes, some logic puzzles are very simple! Theyre called logic puzzles for a reason. I remember one from a study packet that I got the answer to immediately after reading, and after going through and drawing it all out I found I was right. You can always double check your answers through charts or drawings.

12. witchknights

and there's one that is like "after you add two new elements to the set A U B, the sum of its subsets equals 340. how many elements the set had originally" and im just like. uh. two less? so i literally get confused by everything, i dont have the slightest idea how to do things

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  13. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

That... Sounds right- then it'd be three, because you had a set of three before adding two more. It sounds like the 340 is just in there to fuck with you if you're not given any numbers for any of the individual element subsets, because without that or being told all the elements have an equal number of subsets or something similar, there's not anything you can do with that. That or the two new elements are going into the subsets(which it doesn't sound like) and in that case the you would just subtract 2 from 340.

14. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

I had a shower and brushed my teeth for the first time in. A very long time. I did the teeth brushing thing because I knew we were going to be getting dinner from a very nice local chinese place that uses only super fresh ingredients and does fruit and coconut juice smoothies that you can put whatever you want in. So I wanted to be able to fully taste everything.
    All of my regret.
    The first bite made my eyes water because I went from only being able to perceive strong tastes to being able to get every single thing, and it just got worse from there out. The food and drink was absolutely delicious, but there was too much going on in my mouth at once and it has sent me very close to overload levels. Also I stopped eating twenty minutes ago and no matter how much I drink I can't get the lingering tastes to go away :( The lingering tastes which are probably what I would have tasted if I hadn't brushed my teeth :((
    Bluh I'm gross and miserable

15. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I still suck at music mixing, despite having had electronic music production as my main nonwork hobby for over a decade. Am I just terrible at picking drum samples or is it something else?

16. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

So when I lost my lactose tolerance I may have also lost my ability to eat gelato without my digestive system protesting. I can eat butter, cheese , yogurt and standard ice cream fine; milk and as I seem to be learning gelato don't like me anymore. Unhappies.

17. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Two dogs. Big young boy dog, little old girl dog.

Little dog is new to the house. Little dog thinks she is big dog.

Big dog begs to differ. Loud debates and chemical warfare ensue.

Time to shampoo the carpets for the second time this month.

18. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

My back is doing the thing. Can it not.

19. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

I'm extremely low on money and food at the moment (last week before next disability check) and I wanted to treat myself with the last of the cocoa packet I've been doling out sparingly over the month, because sometimes you need chocolate. I microwaved my leftover cold coffee with it stirred inside, came back to the microwave to find literally all liquid content had boiled out of the mug and onto the greasy gross rotating plate that I haven't cleaned in months.

:( RIP, chocolate comfort.

20. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Brain bees are telling me husband doesn't want to do the sex because I'm needy and unattractive, not because he has shinsplints and weedwhacked the yard all weekend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice