Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Fire department guy said he's pretty sure it's not, but a lot of the local apartment complexes seem to have taken out their monitoring systems recently, so he thinks there might be some sort of loophole in the fire code.

2. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I want my car back :(

Also I want to know for sure whether I will get it back tomorrow or Monday so I don't go rent one for the weekend tomorrow only to have to turn around and take it back because my car got ready sooner than expected :( :(

• Witnessed x 2
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I have bruises right over the jutty-out bits of my hipbone because I was carrying heavy groceries in a bag with a hardcover book, and the book kept banging into me right on those spots. Good planning, A+ work.

• Witnessed x 2
  4. Hot topic apparently sells drag race merch. This bothers me for reasons I'm not quite sure of. CoughgenderissuesCough

5. Mom- (makes sure dad isn't in the shower before flushing the upstairs toilet, so we don't scald him)

Dad- (complains that he was about to shower)

• Winner x 1
  6. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

It rained just as I was walking to the main building of the hospital. And not a little rain either. I got soaked. I am so done with today it's not even funny.

7. It's Super Stress Time because we're going on a road trip. Mom is trying to get everything coordinated and dad is being an ass, and my sister isn't ready to leave even though we're 15 minutes late.

• Witnessed x 2
  8. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

... Turns out the dentist forgot to actually prescribe the X-ray so I'm gonna have to pay for it out of pocket. Yay.

• Witnessed x 3
  9. Stuck in a car with my family for 8 hours, and everyone is angry with each other.

10. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Why do they always want to go on roadtrips together when they don't like eachother?

11. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

I refuse to use the tumblr app bc it eats my mobile data but this is what greets me now when I try to use it on browser

Screenshot_2017-05-12-15-01-39.png

regardless of what blog I'm viewing or if I'm on my dashboard the menu stays permanently popped out and nothing I do changes that.

(Hitting the minus sign at the top just toggles whatever is behind the menu as being grayed out, like it's actually toggling the menu, except that the menu stays put the whole time)

• Witnessed x 1
  12. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Agreed to work evening shift, planned to nap before it. Nap failed and I just realized I don't remember what time they start -- just a time used a few months ago.

Social anxiety + awareness of evening traffic conditions are teaming up with the idea I should get there like 30 minutes earlier than I expect to bed to be there, and hang out in the phone.

Mostly annoying because there won't even be 8 hours between end of tonight shift and start of tomorrow, I'm gonna be tired.

• Witnessed x 3
  13. Because we're family? And we're all going to my brother's college graduation for this one.

• Witnessed x 1
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oil supplier refusing to provide allergen information that they're legally obliged to, so I've had to delay my business launch by two weeks and switch to a supplier which costs twenty times as much.

• Witnessed x 5
  15. 20 times as much??? Holy shit. Can't you like. Legally force the first company to disclose? Can you get a lawyer to do it? (Would that be cheaper than the expensive company?)

16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

No, a lawyer wouldn't be cheaper; the expensive one is £25 for 5ml, the cheap one £2.99 for 10, and at the tiny amounts I need to use the stuff it's not going to make all that much difference to profits. I did send them a stern email but it's a problem with the factory not providing the info, not the seller, so there's nothing I can do. Just angry because it's already delayed my launch by two weeks because I can't do anything until I have that information.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Informative x 1
  17. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Me, yesterday: "I'll buy some frozen dough and bake something when Sibling comes over tomorrow! I'll put it in the fridge to defrost!"
    Me, this morning: "I'll take the defrosted dough out of the fridge and put it on the counter to rise so I can bake the thing this afternoon when Sibling comes over!"
    Sibling: *cancels, removing my access to plastic wrap and a rolling pin*
    Cats: *are so smelly I can't leave my room*
    Me, stuck in my room, unable to do anything with the dough I prepared: :::|||

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    • Witnessed x 2
  18. Why is doing things with family always so like this? We can't ever agree on anything so we talk in circles until enough people give up and whoever didn't give up gets their way.

• Witnessed x 1
  19. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

"Hey [supervisor] I don't recognize the acronym on the schedule here, do you know where I'm supposed to be today?"
    "Oh that means we scheduled too many people and we wouldn't hold it against you if you called off, but Since You're Here Now--"
    {THIS IS FINE}

• Witnessed x 1
  20. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Hey Escape Motions, I bought stuff last night and the e-mail with an activation key in it you said you sent still hasn't shown up and I guess nobody's around to answer support e-mails right now but you guys, come on you guys, I gave you money, please give me my key so I can use the thing I bought from you

[upd8: they had server problems over the weekend and sent me my key this morning and I finally got to use the thing and it was so worth the wait.]

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice