Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

People are Wrong On The Internet, but I don't feel like opening that can of worms by actually responding to the post.
    Saw a reblog with scanned pages from a magic iconography book with the caption talking about how accurate it was.

It had a section labeled "Very old sigils for demons."

With the names belonging to Cthulhu Mythos critters.

I guess "very old" means "even the name of this being was invented less than a century ago."

• Agree x 3
  2. The mustard stained my shorts. It's barely noticeable, but it's there. They were brand new shorts, dammit.

• Witnessed x 3
  3. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

There's apparently some important Sportsball thing tonight and that's the only thing that's on the radio news.

How about all the people who don't care about the Sportsball, huh? Aaaaaaaaaaargh.

• Agree x 2
  4. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

My dad. Apparently when he has strong feelings about things they should be taken into account in discussions and are not allowed to be challenged. Previously when I have had strong feelings about things he's allowed to talk over me and tell me all the ways in which I am wrong.

• Witnessed x 6
  5. Ah, screaming. Just what I love to deal with in the morning.

• Witnessed x 2
  6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

...aaand today I can't check the voicemail because of a jackhammer right outside the building.

7. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

place we ordered lunch from forgot my food, and my coworker didn't check. He had to go back there and I'm sooooo hungry. :(

8. And now today is starting with mom and dad arguing.

• Witnessed x 2
  9. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Win10: I'm gonna install updates and not tell you. And restart without asking! In the middle of active hours! What's that? You were downloading something big? Shhhhh, no1curr, it's okay.

:|

ETA: aaaand whatever update that was fucked up my graphics drivers, monitor is now registering no input despite everything being plugged in and running fine. Fuckin hell I just fixed you you dumb box.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    • Witnessed x 3
  10. Taking load after load of stuff to the dump

11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Trying on a piece of clothing that you've coveted and waited for it to go on clearance and you find you just don't like it on.

• Witnessed x 1
  12. Mom is making me go with her to pick up pizza so we can talk. I don't want to talk. Or go.

• Witnessed x 2
  13. Plans have changed

Plans have changed

Plans have changed

Plans have changed

Plans have changed

Plans have changed again

• Witnessed x 2
  14. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Inadvertendly do a 12 hour shift because some combination of workload, executive dysfunction, small bits of procrastination

Get home about 5 hours before you have to wake up because your day starts 4 hours earlier than today did :')

• Witnessed x 2
  15. Your life sucks, dude. My sympathy.

• Like x 1
  16. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

People being condescending when they're asking you for a favor :)

17. Mom told dad not to pressure wash the deck. Guess who pressure washed the deck while mom and I were gone?

Also- we got home and dad started yelling at her within 5 minutes.

• Witnessed x 1
  18. There is a recycling bin sitting on the kitchen counter. Passive aggressiveness, thy name is MOM.

• Agree x 1
  19. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I had a good day. Lazy, full of fun stuff. And now the tide of "you didn't do thiiiiiiiis, you should have done ittttt" is coming in and dragging garbage over everything.

And I'm not even talking ~*Responsible*~ things, I'm talking things like the other roleplaying I do. I'm getting this awful guilty impulse for doing the stuff I wanted to do and had fun with, instead of treating the hobby as a chore that I need to get back to today.

The feeling is like, unless people are singing my praises they're actually secretly very angry at me, and furthermore that they're right to be and that I should be ashamed for letting them down, so ashamed that I only do things that will get me approval.

It's a sucky stupid feeling! I want to kick it!!!

• Witnessed x 4
  20. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

@swirlingflight I officially absolve you of any responsibility to our D&D game this week since you just posted yesterday. :P Not that I have the authority to impose that responsibility on you in the first place! (And I am very rarely secretly angry at anyone.)

• Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice