Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Ac is still broken at work and now my phone won't charge.

• Witnessed x 1
  2. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

"single and childless" does not equal "unlimited free time to do stuff for you," you god damn free stuff wanting organisms

it definitely does not equal "unlimited free time to do stuff for your friends who I do not even fucking know"

and it absolutely does not equal "unlimited time to do a thing I get paid for, for free, for your friends who I do not even fucking know"

ASK ME BEFORE YOU VOLUNTEER ME FOR SHIT, don't put me in the awkward-ass position of having to say "well okay I know Guy Manderson over there told you I'd be happy to do a full body full color OC commission in exchange for in-game currency for a game I don't even fucking PLAY, but I regret to inform you that is not the case, hope you find what you're looking for"

• Witnessed x 10
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I feel like there's sweat in my ear. Ugh.

• Witnessed x 2
  4. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Coworkers.

And myself, for being unable to just go "ugh coworkers" and then get over it.

• Witnessed x 2
  5. Yeah, I can't activate this credit card. I'm canceling the account asap.

• Witnessed x 2
  6. I'm not allowed to be angry. Everyone else in my family can get angry and get away with it, though often with the other grumbling under their breath. But not me. Everyone abandons me and is just. Outraged if I dare get angry.

• Witnessed x 4
  7. Someone at work left a photo book from two days ago for me to finish. Why didn't this get done yesterday?

• Witnessed x 3
  8. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Department management yesterday, when I was desperately looking for help or at least direction bc I'd been thrown into a position I'm not trained for:

Department management today, now I'm back in my normal job and just need to get shit done asap bc it's Busy: "Hey you know you need to do this right? You know you need to start here right? Can you do this first? You know you need to do this right?"
    WHERE WERE YOU FUCKERS YESTERDAY, SHUT UP AND LET ME WORK

• Witnessed x 4
  9. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

the renters insurance we're required to have keeps not sending us a bill, but sending us a cancellation warning. so we keep having to scramble, pay the bill, and holler at them like DONT YOU FUCKING -DARE- CANCEL US, THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM THREATEN TO EVICT US YOU FUCKS. just send us the bill!! and we pay the bill!! you don't need to go through the motions of canceling our entire account because YOU FAILED TO SEND US THE BILL!

• Witnessed x 5
  10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Due to the bullshit wiring in this place, the breakers (fuse? I am not good at electrical terminology) for upstairs are split sort of diagonally. Sort of. An L shape of my closet, two of my outlets, and the window outlet of the neighbouring room are in one, including also the hallway lights and my wall light. My third outlet, between the windows L and the hallway, is in the same breaker as the rest of the neighbouring room and the room on the far side of the hallway.

The windows L breaker, which covers the areas best suited to having AC units and computers, is 15A. My energy saver AC unit is 5A alone.

Suffice to say that it tripped within an hour.

11. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

hey did you know that my parents' car (that lives with me now) wont let you unlock it using the key without it yelling at you

I did know this but i forgot

And went outside to get my ipod out of the car at 2 am because id forgotten it, and tried to be clever by not using the remote (which makes the headlights flash right into my landladys living room and probably bedroom windows)

So i put the key in the lock and turn and open the door and of course the car alarm goes off even though i didnt arm it when i locked it earlier. Blech

• Witnessed x 4
  12. Loq

Unintentional experiment: I'm normally the one to handle housework, but bc of work I haven't really had time the last two weeks to do the kitchen.

Today I actually do have time, and... near as I can tell, no one else in the house has done anything. I hope to god the yellow-white slime between the trash can and the fridge is just some kind of congealed food and not a new and exciting flavor of mold, but I'm bleaching the hell out of it anyway. {Thanks everyone!}

• Witnessed x 4
  13. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I have the too tired to go to sleep lurgies :(

• Witnessed x 5
  14. Loq

I want dinner, but all my brain's offering up as concrete Food To Eat is salt. Yes, thank you, I know we need some sodium, I'm still not eating a brick of salt for dinner :|

• Witnessed x 3
  15. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

• Witnessed x 1
  16. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

the subtitles for the class bbc episode i'm watching have the doctor called "doctor who" in it

that's not his name goddammit, it's just the name of the show he's from

he is the doctor! he is not doctor who!

• Witnessed x 1
  17. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Why

is my fidget cube

in goddamn CHINA

Why has it been in China for a full day

Why did they only bother to ship it out from FUCKING CHINA until after I'd received the protector thingy, which came from... LA I think? It's the same people!

• Witnessed x 3
  18. There is a deaf woman who can sing better than I can do anything.

19. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

Knitpicks is having a sale on some yarn I've had my eye on but I have no money.

• Witnessed x 2
  20. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I came in to a pile of work this morning when I had just last week reduced the pile down by quite a lot >. <

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice