Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Trying to shop for people who aren't here. And aren't responding to my texts.

On my day off.

And I had to go to three stores, because Safeway didn't have steel wool without soap so I just left, and Walmart didn't have any plain seltzer water anywhere.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  2. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Ugh, I went down to do a quick work shift at the college (camp movie night) and for some reason they didn't watch it to the end so I only get paid for 2 and a half hours instead of 4. And they cancelled the event I was going to do next Wednesday so if the pattern holds I'll only get 5 hours of work instead of 12.

3. I hate my sister for threatening the stability of our family.

4. I'm supposed to be having food with friends at a local restaurant. The restaurant closes in 33 minutes. The kitchen closes in 3. And they aren't here yet.

FUCK.

• Witnessed x 1
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Whenever these backaches decide to cut it out would be great.

• Witnessed x 2
  6. So, tomorrow morning everyone has to get up extra early because we're going on a road trip. Today, mom had a medical procedure and has been recovering/sleeping most of the day. She went to bed at 8:30.

At 10:10, my sister made me come downstairs because she wants to wake mom up. Apparently she sprayed biofreeze and hairspray on a spider and then just left it there? And we're pretty sure the cat ate it. I told her the cat is probably fine and mom needs sleep, but she insisted on waking mom to determine whether we need to contact emergency medical services. (For the record, the cat appears to be completely fine)

Mom basically told her the same thing i did and then told her to go to sleep.

Why are you like this. Why can't you pick up the bugs you kill if you're so worried the chemicals could hurt the cat? The cat you claim to care about? Why didnt you believe me when i said the cat is probably fine, and let mom sleep?

• Witnessed x 3
  7. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Me, two weeks ago, after the vet visit: "hey the cat's probably contagious to our other cats still, can we try to keep her quarantined just so we don't have enough to give them all antibiotics?"

The fam: "naaaaah it'll be fine, let the cat do what she wants!" [Proceeds to regularly let sick cat out into the rest of the house, to shed germs at will]
    >The fam, last night: "why are two of the other cats coughing now??? Was the first one contagious??? Why didn't you say anything???"

• Witnessed x 6
  8. LadyNighteyes

Mom: "Sure, you guys can borrow the car any time while I'm at work today! I know last time I said that you ended up stuck outside my office for an hour because I didn't tell you I'd be out at X time, but that's your fault for not calling ahead! Just call before you come over and you'll be fine!"
    Me: *calls ahead*
    Mom: *doesn't answer phone*

• Witnessed x 4
  9. Mom: (gets hit by a guy moving a display at the store, grabs her arm in pain)

Sister: mom, don't be mean!

Me: >:/

10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

My only sewing needle is missing and now I have to go buy a new one. The old one is going to turn up in the sole of my foot.

• Witnessed x 2
  11. I recommend wearing shoes constantly until you find it

• Agree x 1
  12. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

still not having internet at home and idk if it's because the bill didn't get paid or bc new theory about the extra modem they sent ages ago that we never used that we were unable to return due to time constraints w/ nate's schedule for ages. did they tack on a service bill when it came back when they said they wouldn't?? idk. either way, above point still stands: no internet at home, and i'm exhausted and feel sick while at friend's house, but i wanted to talk to people again and get news and kdjgldgd.

im either stressed to hell and back and exhausted or feel sick and exhausted and annoyed, there is no middle ground and i wanna lodge a complaint about this lack of middle ground.
    shark week is coming too so THATS a whole nother fun bit of bullshit to be planning for whenever it decides to drag itself out of hell and ruin my day

• Witnessed x 1
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

WHY THE FUCK DOES THE NOSLEEP PODCAST INVARIABLY FUCKING CUT OUT HALFWAY THROUGH AND THEN REFUSE TO LET ME SKIP ANYTHING

14. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

1) Online training that doesn't let me skip to the next slide when I'm done reading the thing. Trust me, I read it 3 times in the time it took for the narrator to get to the end of the slide, please just let me move on.

2) This mess of peely skin is almost more annoying than the sunburn that caused it.

• Witnessed x 1
  15. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

me: :watch video about what to do if you’re trapped in an elevator. advice boils down to “press the call button/help button and then wait”:

me: ….. :leaves comment asking what you’re supposed to do if the power is out and those buttons aren’t functioning. if you can’t call someone, and you’re not able to get a signal out, is there something else you’re supposed to do?:

the reply i got from a rando: phones have flashlight functions for a reason ;)

…………. THAT’S NICE AND ALL BUT HOW’S THAT FLASHLIGHT GONNA GET YOU OUT OF A FUCKING METAL BOX, YOU WALNUT.

• Agree x 6
    • Witnessed x 4
  16. LadyNighteyes

My mother is not a good writer.

• Witnessed x 1
  17. Shoulder hurts, and my plan to avoid wig pain resulted in headband pain and it looks like I got a cut across my forehead. (It hurts a lot, so I may as well have)

• Witnessed x 2
  18. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

Just think how clearly you'll be able to see the small, featureless space though! So clearly. I mean, that's what's really important to escape here.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Keyword optimisation is hard.

• Witnessed x 1
  20. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i can't find a way to do search either/or with the character tags on ao3, and that is really annoying 'cause it means i can't call up all the red vs blue church fic on ao3 at once, 'cause he is multiple dudes (yet still all, in a sense, the same dude) and each church has their very own tag - which is great if i want to read about a specific church but greatly complicates the process if i'm not in the mood for the specificity (eg. if i want to see all the church slash on there).

and omfg, it's worse than i thought
    3 proper canon church-version tags with a good amount of content, 2 general tags with a good amount of content, 1 au church tag, 5 less-populated duplicates of the canon church-version tags

and like... how many redundancies are there in the tagged works? are there 1836 works of church fic on ao3? are there 1064? is there some number in between that? is there a number lower than that ('cause of fics with multiple church-versions at the same time)?

i don't fucking know!

and god help me if i decide to include the other ais in my search for church fic!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice