Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Continuing from earlier: Man, i know I'm not one of the people most affected by the Nick stuff, but it's fucking derailed my whole day. I'm just. So mad and disappointed.

And many people have responded in ways i appreciate, but the bad takes (ranging from "innocent until proven guilty, i demand receipts" to "well we should all constantly be suspicious of men in power anyway and anyone who's shocked is doing the work of covering stuff like this up") are e x h a u s t i n g too.

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

proper citation is hell

• Agree x 5
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

re: nick robinson, hes apparently been suspended while they look into the situation.

Unrelatedly, i'm annoyed that my schedule is dumb and i made bad decisions about going to bed late

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

people on my dash conflating 'anthropomorphised' and 'humanoid'
    words mean things

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 2
  5. iff

iff Well-Known Member

people's (especially my grandma's) insistence that I should desire to tan as much as possible

• Witnessed x 8
  6. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

The computer at work got all screwy and i had to scramble for a bit to stop it doing stupid things. Thankfully bossman has fixed it

7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Put up more interesting photos on my Etsy and my views sharply dropped >:(

• Witnessed x 5
  8. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

There's a news segment on about how anyone can/should do cpr if they see someone collapse and I'm just
    screaming

You need certification for a reason, it's incredibly easy to break shit you need to keep intact if you don't know what you're doing

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 3
  9. I'm less than an hour into my shift and today already sucks because I'm not good enough.

• Witnessed x 1
  10. My brother has been home from california for three days and there's already been a fight between him and our sister. dad responded to it by getting angry at mom, because of course he did (fuck i hate him and i hate men, why are men like this).

11. There's a painter here working on the house. They're playing music while they work, and it's loud enough that I can hear every word of the lyrics through the wall.

• Witnessed x 2
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

VERY painful zit (thanks prednisone)

• Witnessed x 1
  13. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Car started doing things that were just Wrong enough to make me worry that they would escalate and leave me stranded on the other side of town, so back to the shop it went. Just checked with the mechanic, they're still checking some stuff but they had a preliminary diagnosis

1 (aka The Good News). The ECM they JUST PUT IN is acting a little wonky, so if they do have to replace it they'll cut me a break. And they might just be able to ... hit it with a newspaper? wave a dead chicken over it? do something to make it straighten up without having to replace it?

2 (aka The Bad News). The starter is also misbehaving. Which it's doing for the first time ever. Which means no warranty. Which means BYE, MORE MONEY

So once THOSE are fixed, it should be back to pre-headgasket-blowing condition! ahahaha fuck

• Witnessed x 4
  14. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Oh hi, I know these feels. I have to shell out 1500 euros this week because my car repair cost that much -_-

• Witnessed x 2
  15. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

My fandom is once again having Race Discourse while forgetting mixed people exist. I'm super not keen on getting involved in tumblr fights but both people involved are missing tons of nuance and...aaargh

"Why is [character] white?"

She's mixed. She's white-passing. Saying "why is she white?" seems disingenuous and a bit insulting.

If you want to ask "why did the devs decide to make her and her sister blonde, blue-eyed and pale when their dad was dark skinned (but also blond) and we never see what their mom looked like, and put her forward as the new leader of her country mostly comprised of PoC?" Probably because they hadn't thought that far ahead in the story when she was designed, and are less aware of racial issues in the West bc they're Japanese people making a Japanese game. Does it make it less iffy of a narrative choice? No. Is it even more uncomfortable when you realize that the vast majority of mixed characters in the game lean towards the paler side regardless of genetic probability? Yes. Did the devs consider it? Probably not. Is it still kinda racist? Yes, because racism doesn't have to be intentional or conscious.

To the person replying that the reason she's pale is that the original game didn't have lady Highlander models and therefore they had to use a Midlander model for her instead: have you...looked at the skin tone palette for Midlanders. You can make a dark-skinned Midlander. This is neither a reason nor an excuse.

• Witnessed x 4
  16. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

pretty much everything to do with my credit card

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  17. You ever hate someone's guts for an absolutely absurd reason? Because I sure do.

18. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Love when the train just...stops for 10 minutes for no explicable reason and makes me late.

• Witnessed x 1
  19. Trying to get my sister up work work.

Attempt 1-
    Me: hey, it's 8:20, you work at 10 today, you should start getting up now.
    Her: (mumbling)

Attempt 2-
    Me: okay, it's 8:40 now, you really should get up and ready for work.
    Her: it's 8:40?
    Me: yeah, it is. Please get up, seriously.

Attempt 3-
    Me: it's 9 o'clock. You work in less than an hour. Get. Up.
    Her: it's 9 o'clock??
    Me: >:/

• Witnessed x 1
  20. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

While I do want to be competent at combat in FR I do not want to grind. I do not do well with fast paced, time limited "go go go" situations such as with standard video games. Which I was never able to master because a) I had trouble figuring things out. b) mastering the actual game controls. The end result was usually me having a meltdown. I do not like having meltdowns because I'm not learning things fast enough and dying a lot. The much slower point and click combat of FR pretty much suits me fine, I was just having trouble understanding stat allocation, for which I received guides.

I do not appreciate being accused of "ignoring" guides or assistance when I was in fact doing the opposite. Now I am cranky about it. :\

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice