Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I have to read a 200 page book today when I am supposedly still on vacation.

2. I just got back from a 50-minute drive that should've been 30 minutes. I've been home not even five minutes and mom wants to go on an errand. Dammit.

• Witnessed x 2
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Upsides to not having to give quizzes in class: I don't have to prepare them, grade them, or field student emails about them.

Downside to not having to give quizzes in class: I have no idea how they're handling the material and there's the first exam Monday and I don't even know if they're getting it or not!! It doesn't matter how much I encourage them to ask me questions about class material, they rarely ever do, and of course no one comes to office hours because why would an undergrad take advantage of a really useful resource like that*. I'm just worried about them, I want them to do well in the class and I just feel like I'm missing a really useful tool to assess how they're doing and help them better understand the stuff they need to know.

*I know a lot of students do actually come to office hours, I had very regular visitors to mine last semester, but I haven't had any yet for this course and that makes me worried and sarcastic.

• Witnessed x 3
  4. blue

blue hightown funk you up

After two days talking to the What Pumpkin folks about getting my Hiveswap download link, the stupid goddamn thing won't launch on my stupid goddamn computer.

It starts, bounces for a while, then stops bouncing and says the application is not responding, while not having any visible windows. I restarted my computer. I redownloaded it. Fuckin, nothing. I'm thinking maybe I should have got the Steam version and not the Humble version??

• Witnessed x 2
  5. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

is it giving you any errors?

6. Someone did a cosplay of Joey from Hiveswap within 24 hours of the game being released. Beating my 48-hour goodwill-wedding-dress wedding Kanaya in both quality AND timeframe.

Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

• Agree x 1
  7. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Well, but we've had Joey pictures for - man, years now, right? That design was not new the way wedding Kanaya was.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I made a mistake and had to talk to strangers about it and this is Max Stressful. ;_;

• Witnessed x 2
  9. blue

Nope! Just going to not responding. Iiiii ended up getting the Steam version due to my immense frustration, and that works ok on my computer, although here is my new contribution to this thread: it skipped a bunch of the cutscenes???

• Witnessed x 1
  10. I guess. :/ you have a point there.

11. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

If it's a really nice cosplay they probably put it together beforehand and only posted it when hiveswap came out.

12. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

*eats a food*
    *takes insulin, not bothering to double check the nutritional info or own blood sugar level*
    *crashes into low blood sugar, bonus Suddenly Really Sweaty powers activated*

I fixed it but still. Blegh.

• Witnessed x 2
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

When trying to find an RP partner, I only found out the last one wasn't compatible (which would have been perfectly obvious from my profile) after several back-and-forths of "i dunno what do you wanna do", "I don't know, you're the one that approached me!"

• Witnessed x 2
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I just menstruated on my freshly cleaned towel.

• Witnessed x 4
  15. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I keep getting debt collection phone calls from a hospital I've never been to for someone I've never heard of :T

• Witnessed x 5
  16. Have you talked to one of the collectors to let them know they're calling the wrong person? If they don't know they're gonna keep calling for sure.

17. Loq

Yep. Three times now. Still calling me.

• Witnessed x 3
  18. Ah, I see. That's significantly more annoying, I'm sorry pal :/

19. Loq

The break room TV is stuck on Fox and I can't find channel controls or the remote
    Save me from the deranged mango

• Witnessed x 7
  20. blue

i have 2 gently hold this soup in my mouth before swallowing it or the heat will make my throat hurt even more!!

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice