Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Motherfucking black powder weekend at the range up the hill
    Cannonfire at 7:30 am is entirely fucking unnecessary

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  2. Wait, what? There are shooting ranges that have cannons? How are they getting ammo for them? Who makes it?? And how is it legal to shoot them?

3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

you.... can pour cannonballs? pretty easily actually if you have access to the material?
    Historical reenactors would be my first guess
    Why would it be less legal than literally any other firearm, especially considering shooting ranges aren't exactly just anywhere? they're designated areas specifically for the sport of shooting stuff with firearms. If any place is equipped to handle that kind of stuff then I would assume shooting ranges ot be that place.

• Agree x 1
  4. That just sounds so excessive, archaic and unnecessary. And I'd never heard of it before so there was a bit of disbelief there.

Huh. :l

5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I mean. That's literally more or less the entire point of historical reenactment.

• Agree x 4
  6. Birdy

Birdy so long

sounds like fun honestly i wanna see someone fire like a bigass fucking revolutionary war cannon

but not like. near my actual place of residence at 7:30 in the morning

• Agree x 2
  7. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Historical weapons are typically much less regulated than modern ones, too.

• Agree x 1
  8. Loq

I live in pennsyltucky where gun regulation is fucked and history is Important? Black powder weekend is A Single Event they run once a month in the summer, I assume there's papers involved

9. sidneyia

sidneyia from TV

Unable to feel rested due to persisent night terrors and a permanent headache from grinding my teeth all night. It has me... I won't say dreading bedtime, but not loving it as much as I always have.

edit: OH that's why

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    • Witnessed x 1
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Dual boot on my desktop when I forget to press down to boot into Windows instead of Ubuntu. I should really change the order so it boots into Windows automatically instead.

(ideally I'd have separate comps for this buuuuut money and space are limited, so....)

11. Loq

Bad habit of being Helpful
    Goodbye, one of two days off. I was looking forward to you but apparently I'm picking up a 6-hour shift instead.

• Witnessed x 2
  12. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Fortunately something being unnecessary is not yet an accepted reason for making it illegal. If it were there would be little to no fun of any kind. I find martial arts of all kinds (including firearms practice and armored swordfighting) to be very therapeutic. I know some folks who've made giant medieval style siege weapons; now that's "excessive, archaic and unnecessary", but also way cool. Being up and about at 7:30 on a Saturday morning however should definitely be illegal.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

There’s no water in the apartment and I’m just waiting for the land lord to call me back. at least I got the laundry done hours ago

• Witnessed x 2
  14. Kodachi

People on the machining forum defending S̶h̶e̶r̶r̶i̶f̶ convicted criminal Joe Arpaio.

• Witnessed x 3
  15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

People bragging about how they never get sick, they never go to doctors, they only (grudgingly) got immunizations because college required it

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 1
  16. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

My Gmail app is bugging out and saying there’s emails in there I’ve deleted already. The little red number is stressing me out, I might just turn off notifications.

• Witnessed x 2
  17. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

For some bizarre reason, picarto untoggled my NSFW settings.

No, I promise, i'm still NSFW as hell, pls to not claim that I'm SFW when I'm really, really not.

• Witnessed x 2
  18. spoiler for shouting
    ME

MY MOM

MY LIFE

I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT

I CAN'T DO ANYTHING GOOD ENOUGH

I HATE BEING WHO I AM I HATE NOT BEGING GOOD ENOUGH I HATE THAT I CAN'T FUNCTION AS A NORMAL HUMAN BEING I HATE HAVING MENTAL ILLNESS I HATE EVERYTHING

I just spent twenty minutes on the phone with tech support to fix our internet, mom is technologically challenged and I CANNOT PHYSICALLY HANDLE talking to two people simultaneously so it was VERY HARD and I made mom upset and I got upset and stressed

• Witnessed x 3
  19. Kodachi

Ditto, and people that I've known for decades still can't remember this or have the courtesy to take turns talking and to refrain from talking over the dialog on TV. When two people talk at once I can't understand either one, and it literally makes my brain hurt. And then of course I'm the bad guy for "not listening" or for getting upset about it even though I've told them about it hundreds of times.

• Witnessed x 6
  20. Spoiler for suicide mention.

Yesterday mom: okay, you need Thursday the 5th off.
    Me: okay.
    Me: coworker, can you mark me to be off next Thursday the 5th?
    Yesterday Coworker: yeah
    Yesterday mom: never mind, you just need the afternoon off
    Me: okay
    Me: okay I just need the afternoon off
    Yesterday coworker: that's fine, you can't do opening shifts in pharmacy so you'll just have the day off anyway
    Me: sure

Today mom: is it too late to get the day off??
    Me: I should have the day off anyway, hang on
    Me: okay coworker, you said I should be off next Thursday the 5th because I can't open, right?
    Today coworker: do you mean the 4th?
    Me: I'm gonna fucking kill myself

I said that out loud

I can't fucking handle this

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice