Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I was told id get to be a zombie for a seasonal walking trail thing and i got so hype because we were getting individual scripts and everything and i got there only to be put on bracelet duty instead in the room with the strobe lights that make me wanna cry.

• Witnessed x 5
  2. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I am part of 16 servers on Discord, and no one is active and entertaining me and I want to talk to people because it motivates me to work on this translation instead of wasting time online.

I realize this is a minor complaint, its just annoying me

3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Me: man i cant sleep, must be New Thing Next Day jitters
    Me: at least im not nauseous for once
    Me:
    Me: wait... NOT nauseous??? * Checks if i took my night meds, sees i didnt*
    Me: FUCK

• Witnessed x 2
  4. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

A customer took the tip jar off the counter when no one was looking, took it into the bathroom to empty it and then put the jar in the trash. :argh: This might not have been a problem if one of the employees hadn’t quit with no notice and left us with one less person to watch the front.

• Witnessed x 2
  5. Tonight we had an incident outside that involved someone harassing a customer and also relieving themself on the side of the building. the police were called.

• Witnessed x 1
  6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

The moving process had so many problems of our (me and roommates) creation and today is the last day. At least one of us cried because we weren't done by the time the landlord showed up, at least two of us panicked and froze so as to not make it worse. And he sounded unhappy and skeptical in ways that don't bode well for safety deposit.

I keep feeling unwanted, or at least clumsy and unhelpful and working to a different drummer than the others, and getting plenty of silences I parse as frustration and rejection, at which point I panic a little about the dichotomies of wanting to FIX it by being helpful and wanting to get out of the way.

After today, I need to start looking for a therapist. And maybe start by going to the church.

Eta and I preemptively excluded myself by offering to do the wrap up and then eating fast food in hopes that if they are mad at me, they'll have a chance to process it without yelling at me. Which... they don't DO like my parents did. Ugh. Emotions.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    • Witnessed x 5
  7. My brother and I haven’t watched anime together in over a week. He and I are six minutes into one episode, and Mom has interrupted us twice.

• Witnessed x 1
  8. Wormwitch

I fucked up a recipe for corn bread chips because My brain is terrible. I was supposed to put Parmesan cheese in the batter but ended up sprinkling it on top because I’d spread it in the pan already. It took me re-reading the instructions several times and looking at the picture for me to realize what happened. :smithsad:

9. Wormwitch

I can’t remember my tumblr password to delete my tumblr and I can’t change it because it takes me to yahoo France?!

:pitchforks:

• Witnessed x 3
  10. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I dun goofed my shot and my leg aches and I'm going on a trip tomorrow

• Witnessed x 2
  11. Irrational Geographic

Irrational Geographic i am merely a vessel through which the posts flow

One of the friends I have on Facebook has slowly been radicalized and he's a Stalinist now. He just posted about how the abolition of religion is necessary "for the people."

• Witnessed x 3
  12. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Only realised my laptop charger was broken when it'd been plugged in for an hour and suddenly the "you have 15 minutes of battery life left" pop-up appeared :T

• Witnessed x 3
  13. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Feeling like a failure for using any kind of GUI instead of solely using the command line. Like I'm pretty fuckin' comfortable with using the command line at this point, but it's kinda nice to just drag and drop files sometimes? But apparently I'm afraid people will judge me for liking an occasional GUI.

14. Buddy, being able to use the command line at all is pretty cool. There’s a lot of people who don’t. And if it’s more convenient to use GUI for some tasks I don’t see any harm in it personally. Do whatever works and is most convenient for you.

• Agree x 3
  15. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Given that my ukrainian family fled the cpuntry because of him i want to punch this friend.

Communists are fine. Stalinists nees to fuck off.

• Agree x 3
  16. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

A part in my 3D printer wore out. I made a new one and it's working great, but in the process of replacing it I messed up a Bowden tube which I can't improvise a replacement for so now I have to wait for a new one of those to ship.

• Witnessed x 1
  17. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Also my right thumb and index finger are twitching from stressing them at fighters practice last night, and I use a thumb trackball and have a ton of CADCAM work to do.

18. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I have a headache :(

• Witnessed x 2
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to fix computers? For some reason my entire audio system suddenly uninstalled itself in the middle of a good YouTube video and all the information I can find online says "go to this folder and click on the button that says Sound" when I CAN'T BECAUSE IT'S UNINSTALLED AND NONE OF THE BUTTONS THAT SAY SOUND ARE THERE AT ALL.

20. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Could be a driver error? If you're on Windows, first thing I'd try would be Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Sound, and then hit the "Update Device Driver" button for the stuff that pops up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice