Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Regardless of trimming, filing etc, my nails never become any less sabre-like and continue to slice through sheer fabric, industrial plastic wrap and flesh with zero effort, to my immense discomfort and self injury

• Witnessed x 2
  2. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

Someone egged the house last night :c why tho

• Witnessed x 5
  3. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Some guy I could swear I've never seen before in my life: "oh hey how are you it's been a while"

• Witnessed x 2
  4. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

It's only 14.30 in the afternoon and I am already done with today. Blegh.

• Agree x 2
  5. I’m not going to see one of my friends again until February.

I only have two friends who live in the same county as me, and only three who live in the same state. I’m... upset about this. I feel like I’m a bad friend for not being able to see people more often, I feel lonely because I spend almost all my time either at home or with family. I’m worried they’re all going to stop being friends with me. Which has happened before. A lot.

I only see my friends at conventions. it’s bad.

• Witnessed x 1
  6. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

My MacBook Air charger isn’t working anymore and I don’t have the money for a new one.

• Witnessed x 4
  7. Loq

The manager who doesn't care if we wear headphones is here....... on the day the regional manager is coming through. why this, universe, I want my tunes.

• Witnessed x 5
  8. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Tried another charger I had lying around and that didn’t work either. I tried changing the outlet, pressing some keys and then restarting the computer and cleaning it out. None of it worked, and because it’s a MacBook Air I can’t remove the battery. Guess I have to save up for a new computer. It’s 6+ years old so I guess it was only a matter of time. I think I might buy a windows laptop this time.

• Witnessed x 1
  9. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

One week later, having specifically eaten more food and more red meat: hematocrit is now EVEN LOWER so that's two nixed donations in a row

I don't know whether to scream or cry ;/

• Witnessed x 4
  10. Why are you so eager to lose blood?

11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Donating is really important, blood shortages happen frequently. As a recipient of donated blood I am very grateful to everyone who donates. I used to do it frequently before shit went down and now I can't because of my medications, but my motivation when I did donate was "I'm a young healthy person who can make lots of replacement blood quickly, so I want to help out people who need some extra."

Plus sometimes you get a free t-shirt which I am basically always down for.

(not trying to say this is why @The Mutant wants to donate, but just giving a perspective on it.)

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

@tickingnectarine haha! Well, there's a donation place quite close to work, and honestly, I'm not DOING anything with that blood so it may as well go make itself useful :V ( the first time I was a LITTLE motivated by a desire to know my blood type, but now I know and still don't mind trying to donate.)

• Informative x 1
  13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I have both a medical phobia and a phobia of needles, so someone taking a vial for testing is about all the needle in my arm i can take without freaking out. (I have an appointment to get blood drawn in march. I really hope they won´t need much)

On topic, i accidentially slept all day.

• Witnessed x 2
  14. Loq

I just read the phrase "cishet trans male" with my own two eyes

• Witnessed x 10
  15. ... huh.

• Agree x 3
  16. Loq

I shit you not. Tumblr is Wild.
    cishet trans.PNG

(edit for clarification: this was sent to someone else, not me, I just didn't feel like capping the entire thread of Discourse under it)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    • Witnessed x 4
  17. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

A stellar example of why using "cishet" as a casual, dismissive insult really just fucks up whether or not people understand what "cis" or "het" actually fucking mean.

• Agree x 13
  18. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I know an ESL speaker who was under the impression that "cishet" was an insult that basically meant "boring" until someone explained otherwise.

• Witnessed x 5
  19. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

My foot is itching for some stupid reason and I cannot stop scratching it even though I should

• Witnessed x 2
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Dreamed last night about how angry I was when my favourite pop changed the recipe and became disgusting, and I'm still pissed off about it.

• Witnessed x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice