Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Trying to un-break the broken and strangely-set-up network connection at work.

• Witnessed x 1
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

My appetite and my actual hunger are completely desynchronized and I believe my shitty sleep schedule is to blame

3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

all you gotta do is put "CRISPR" in your article title and your reads jump up significantly

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

The weather is back on its bullshit again, it's currently nearly 50F but we're supposed to have a full foot of snow on the ground 12 hours from now

• Witnessed x 4
  5. I hate people. I hate people so much.

• Witnessed x 1
  6. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-kratts-boys-perspec-0311-20160310-story.html

This pearl-clutching bullshit from a woman who in her rush to reassure her son that boys can be scientists too, somehow failed to notice that the Kratt Brothers, the stars of the fucking show she's complaining about, are male scientists. And white, to boot.

Somehow it's devaluing to her son, despite the notorious underrepresentation of women in STEM fields, to have two female cartoon character scientists of colour who work in supporting roles to two white male scientists, to remind the little girls in the audience that women can be scientists too, even though all the actual adult humans on stage are dudes.

I would comment, but it's from 2016, so I'm just gonna bitch here.

(ETA: I love the Wild Kratts, I kinda have a crush on Martin, and it's not their fault they're white dudes, they did as good a job as they could in representation on a show starring them being them--it's just hilarious that someone could actually pay more attention to the fact that they have a goofy male sidekick than to the fact that they themselves are dudely dudes who dude.)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    • Witnessed x 7
  7. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

there's a person in our dnd group who everyone is getting very, very tired of. She has no idea how to roleplay, which, fine, it's her first time and we're kind of holding her hand through it and not making her do anything amazing or theatrical or even do a voice. Here's what happened tonight.
    • Her female character tried to flirt with a gay male character because she, the player, thinks the other player is hot.
    • she had a near panic attack because we had split the party and it was the other half of the party's turn to roleplay out a scene, so,
    • we switched back to her half of the party, she calmed down a little, talked a little, and then let the other two members of her half of the party take the reigns and play out a little slapstick routine. We realized she hadn't said anything for a while, so we asked her what she wanted to do, literally said "we're here to help you tell your story. whatever you want to do, we'll do our best to make sure it happens," and,
    • she had a panic attack.
    • so we switched back to my half of the party to play through the rest of our little tale in intrigue and shady dealings, and she started to get bored and fucked around with her dice, lost one under the table, and made a huge fucking scene about getting it back. Didn't shut up about it for a good half an hour while we were wrapping up for the night because I was getting tired.
    • Then I got it out from under the table for her after all of about 30 seconds of searching.

• Witnessed x 8
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

my car got towed :(

• Witnessed x 7
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yes, Reddit, I can totally take great well-lit product photos with a shitty broken phone with a horrible interface because I can't afford an actual camera, in a north-facing ground floor flat shadowed by surrounding buildings in Yorkshire in March. That sounds likely.

• Witnessed x 1
  10. shmeed

shmeed plant me

IF NINE OF YOUR JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SOFT SKILLS AND ONE IS A HARD SKILL THEN PUT THE FUCKING HARD SKILL FIRST

im so sick of reading "ability to follow instructions" and "strong communication skills" etc etc only to get to the bottom where you put "valid class D drivers license"
    WASTE OF MY TIME AND EMOTIONAL ENERGY

• Agree x 12
  11. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

me: "hey google, I'm a huge nerd but it's too cold and dark to go outside to look at my own car right now, what does the attachment between axle and tire look like?"
    google: "did you mean: how to put on snow chains? :)"
    no, google, no I did not, please give me the arcane mechanical bits so I can draw my space robots with uncomfortable levels of detail

• Witnessed x 5
  12. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

the fact that you have to always give everyone five stars/say the service was perfect even if it wasn't or you're endangering someone's job, here in America where everyone has to be perfect or at least well above average at all times or they don't deserve to eat.

there's nothing wrong with doing serviceable work that's not completely outstanding.

also it would be nice if I could give constructive criticism without endangering people's livelihoods.

I really didn't appreciate the broadband guy insisting that if I could use my phone but not my computer, my wi-fi wasn't broken, because I guess some people are that dumb, but it sure felt like 'dumb girl' when I was trying to explain that I had turned my phone into a wi-fi hot spot because the modem they gave me really is dying, even if it refuses to do so when the tech is here because when the tech is here I'm not trying to use my computer to play a game while netflix is on.

he did fix it (so far so good anyway) but I would like him to not do that again, I just can't say so because he doesn't deserve to get fired.

• Witnessed x 6
  13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Got all the way to the bus stop before I found out the bus wasn't running. Guess I'm not getting to work today.

• Witnessed x 3
  14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I didn't eat peanut butter this morning so I almost forgot to take my meds

I had no idea my eating routines were so tightly linked to my ability to remember to take very important medications

• Witnessed x 7
  15. Someone training at our pharmacy said she likes it when I get upset.

>:| thanks. Thanks a lot for that.

• Witnessed x 9
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Im pretty sure i need bifocals and i have no way to get them. At least i can still see far away with the glasses i do have, its just annoying as fuck to have to move anything im reading far away from my eyes

Edit: also if i somehow do come up with the funds, im gonna have to do that hellish glaucoma test where they blow air in my eyes. I always fuck it up cause i flinch every time and one time i did it so badly the eye doctor had to do an alternative test where they stuck this needle thing in my eye and it was terrifying

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Witnessed x 3
  17. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Ugh, I've been there. Does tipping up your glasses help, or is it like an astigmatism thing where you need the shift to see up close too?

(I mention tipping up your glasses because if you get used to looking below them to read, it'll make the transition into actual bifocals easier whenever you get the chance to get them.)

18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I usually read without my glasses (and in general around the house just go without them completely except for watching tv or else i get headaches) but ive noticed my close up sight is trash lately by itself. So probably an astigmatism.

• Witnessed x 1
  19. shmeed

shmeed plant me

have to transcribe a file where the hosts keep overblowing the fucking mics

• Witnessed x 3
  20. shmeed

shmeed plant me

im apparently really annoyed lately but fucking
    websites that show you how to spell difficult words correctly ... and then put the most common misspelling right next to it? I HATE IT
    Untitled.png
    OPPOSITE OF HELPFUL

http://marvin.cs.uidaho.edu/correctspell.html
    THIS GUY GETS IT

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice