Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

If they're looking to create a resource that includes the misspellings (so people can search by misspelling, for instance) then there needs to be a separation so a casual glance doesn't switch them up. Even putting "Common misspellings:" at the beginning of the parenthesis would be better.

• Agree x 7
  2. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Yeah, that would drive me nuts. In my job I frequently have to take notes at meetings and if I don't know how to spell the name of the newest monoclonal antibody or other immunotherapy (and sometimes the trade name is just as hard to figure out), I just write it down how it sounds to me and then google it. I don't need to know the WRONG spelling.

3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I noticed that my macbook charger had died when the battery had already gotten down to 22% :(

• Witnessed x 6
  4. Telemarketers. For the same company that made me really uncomfortable in the past when they did this shit because I didn’t know how to handle their questions and no, I don’t want to go to Vegas, just leave me alone.

• Witnessed x 2
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

My Fiverr order is late and I can't do any of the other business things I need to do until that comes in and it's within the 24 hour time limit so I can't legitimately complain >:(

• Witnessed x 3
  6. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

i messed up my shoulder somehow, probably by lying on it in a weird position in bed for hours each week

• Witnessed x 3
  7. cleverThylacine

1) Nothing brings out the ableist jerks like the death of a famous disabled person. I should not have to explain to someone on the Subeta news page why it is not okay for them to say that they're glad Stephen Hawking is finally free of his body when he never said that he wanted to be free of it and didn't believe in an afterlife. But I did, and they answered me back by saying that they know he never said that, that's just how they feel personally, and they think that makes it OK.

2) There is a Wild Kratts fandom discord server attached to the wiki, but it's full of people with usernames like "I fuck lemurs" and cursed NSFW photomanips, not cute animals.

• Witnessed x 6
    • Agree x 1
  8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Fiverr guy got back to me with possible business names and I don't like any of them. I don't think he looked at my ideas board at all.

• Witnessed x 2
  9. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Patients -_-

• Witnessed x 1
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I have to use two-factor identification to log on to my school's high performance computing cluster now and it has quickly become the bane of my existence. I can never just easily check the status of something anymore, or hop on to WinSCP to grab a file; I always have to have my phone on me to actually be able to log in. WinSCP also has the added annoyance of requiring it whenever I try to do something like delete a file/directory or copy a file or upload or download something. I'm so tired of it.

• Witnessed x 2
  11. cleverThylacine

What kills me about our university 2-factor ID is that I have to use it to search PubMed but not to read patient records.

I am somewhat convinced 2 factor is really a secret plot to make sure we can never be away from our phones.

12. Well, they ARE using our phones to spy on us, so...

• Agree x 1
  13. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I mean, my university is doing this to protect sensitive information. People do all kinds of informatics work on the HPCC and we have an attached medical school and hospital/healthcare system....

14. cleverThylacine

It probably makes more sense if the organisation is protecting patient info more carefully than PubMed (gotta make sure nobody unauthorised takes advantage of our digital journal subscriptions! people might actually be able to fact check things!)

15. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

You know how some people have that specific kind of social anxiety where they think they're annoying everyone with their presence and that people secretly hate them? I have a friend with that form of social anxiety. Unfortunately, she's the single most annoying self obsessed yappy dog of a person i've ever met. I can hang out with her for maybe an hour before I'm ready to strangle her, and if I see her more than once a week I get long-term pissed off. Everyone else who knows her feels the same. But she has that type of social anxiety and I don't want to lose her shit in a major way, so we all pretend to like her and hang out with her on occasion, because without us she would have literally zero friends.

She won't stop texting me.

• Witnessed x 7
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Man, I have a friend kind of like that. She's a good person, and I wish her all the friendship and success in the world, but. I'm kind of glad I only see her once every six months or so. Some people you just want to lock in a room with a therapist until they have some kind of epiphany about themselves.

• Witnessed x 2
  17. That’s weird, I didn’t know we were friends.

• Witnessed x 1
  18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I don't really know you, but from what I've seen of your posts, you don't seem much like the person I'm talking about.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

LIVIO RAMONIDELLI

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  20. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Tuesday is our biggest load of the week, so we generally need all three people in our department to be here and working the load. Today is no different.
    Despite this, Coworker J has been stolen by the front end to cashier bc they didn't schedule enough people up there. And every time he tries to come back, Manager scolds him for "abandoning" the register..... that he shouldn't have to be on in the first place if Manager would just do her damn job =/

• Witnessed x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice