Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

this jumperskirt has a side zipper with a hook at the top of it and the hook is determined to kill me. I didn't wear a blouse because it's really hot. That was a mistake.

• Witnessed x 5
  2. At least it’s not a tied-around-the-neck dress

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. cleverThylacine

Nah but it was a piece of metal poking me right in the armpit.

I finally realised I'm getting exactly no work done and attacked it in the bathroom with a disposable scalpel. Hook is now gone and I'm comfortable-ish, with lidocaine on my armpit. I also noticed that the one piece of lace on this dress that I really don't like was held on with one single thread, so that's also now gone.

• Witnessed x 5
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

the water in my apartment won't get above lukewarm. I was gonna take a bath, my knee hurts :(

• Witnessed x 4
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

@vuatson This may be too spoons draining but my great grandma used to boil water and add it to the lukewarm water til it was sufficiently hot. It only took one potful usually

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I thought about doing that and decided it was too much trouble, but if things are the same tomorrow I probably will.

• Witnessed x 4
  7. Jojo

Jojo Writin and fightin

I told the HR manager over a month in advance, 3 separate times, that i would be unavailable on fridays from 4/13-5/4 because of increased schoolwork (cause its. Yknow. the end of the semester). And she still scheduled me for friday the 13th and friday the 20th.

• Witnessed x 6
  8. shmeed

shmeed plant me

malfunction of the mortal coil

• Witnessed x 2
  9. People arguing about whether or not aces are part of the lgbtq community.

• Witnessed x 2
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

having to do twelve separate things before being able to test whether this tool will work for me or not

ETA: related - having jobs actually having to wait to be run

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    • Witnessed x 2
  11. cleverThylacine

Idiot coworker who gets upset because I won't cut my hair short or dress like a suburban mom person because I don't actually live a suburban mom person life is now freaked out because I ate ranch dressing on hard-boiled eggs. It was a tossup whether I posted this here or in "why am I laughing my ass off" because I'm both annoyed AND laughing my ass off.

It's not that she thinks it's gross. That's legit. Many people think that ranch is gross, or that hard-boiled eggs are gross, or that they are gross together but not separately. People eat many things I think are gross all the time.

It's the level of moral indignation. She was horrified because she thought the cafeteria gave me the ranch specifically to go with the eggs and how dare they, I had to calm her down to tell her I decided for myself what to have for lunch and nobody's making me do it.

• Witnessed x 8
  12. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I am genuinely astonished that they managed to make the campaign finance reporting system HARDER to use.

• Witnessed x 2
  13. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

if i have to reinstall discord entirely i will cut a bitch

eta: looks like it's working again. what was that, discord? what was that

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    • Witnessed x 4
  14. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Credit card company sent out an unsolicited updated card with touch-pay chip which is all well and good but that triggered my current card's cancellation and it's fucked up a number of pre-orders on various sites and now I have to do the contacting people thing multiple times and ugh, why

• Witnessed x 9
  15. scotchtapeofficial can go fuck themselves.

• Witnessed x 1
  16. cleverThylacine

I HATE THIS SO MUCH.

That happened to me a few months ago. I found out when I turned on the TV and Netflix and Hulu didn't work, and Gaia started to bombard me with ads. Finally went and looked through a pile of mail I hadn't opened and there was a new card I hadn't been expecting at all because the card I had wasn't set to expire for another year and a half, then had to look up every single account that was billed every month to that card and change the information.

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 2
  17. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Ooh, my favorite time that happened was when they sent me a new card to my parents' address when I was abroad in hong kong! :D Nothing like having your card cancelled when you're on the other side of the world from where your new card was shipped. Especially when it's cancelled about two weeks before you're set to take a plane to backpack alone in Japan! :D :D

• Witnessed x 9
  18. cleverThylacine

:yikes:

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  19. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

My new phone is very nice overall, but it has one of the worst touchscreen shortcuts I have ever dealt with, and as far as I can see there's no option to disable it. Namely, that touching the left side of the screen while viewing your open windows instantly closes all of them. This is like the fifth time this week I've had to reopen all my apps after a brief accidental touch to the Forbidden Zone, and I'm getting real sick of it.

• Witnessed x 10
  20. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I also got a new phone! And it's lovely, especially since my old phone is Super Old. (It's a Galaxy S4, which I got...back when I still lived in Fredericton, so probably in 2014 at the latest because I remember having panic attacks over it having fallen out of my coat pocket and dropped onto the snowy parking lot at work.)

But my phone company's site is insisting that the sim card number I'm entering for the old sim is not correct. And the new phone seems to be having issues with reading all the data off of my SD card, because some of my apps (which rely on data stored on the phone) aren't working quite right. Most obnoxiously, the app I use to track various counts for my knitting patterns, which means that I can't knit till that's fixed because the thing I want to knit is the houndstooth skirt...which I use the app to track which round of the pattern I'm in, and how the pattern's supposed to go, and how many rounds I've done (so that I know when I need to do an increase).
    The old phone's sim still seems to work, so it's...literally just a matter of calling the phone company, to get the new sim activated. (Swapping the old sim into the new phone will probably not work, the new phone wants a nano and I think the old sim is a micro.) And the SD card still has all the camera photos I had loaded on it, so the rest of the data should exist.

The easiest way of determining all this, of course, would be to yank the SD card out of the new phone, put it back in the old phone, and check. But it's frigging two in the morning and all I wanted was to be able to knit while I watched Ryukhar and relaxed.

• Witnessed x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice