Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Crunchyroll has a major issue with one of their ad providers that crashes the shockwave plugin every time the ad tries to play, to the point where it's actually easier to try and find a non-virus ridden pirating site than to watch it legally via CR and actually like. Be legit about it. God, I hate it when content providers make the only legitimate access of their stuff completely inaccessible.

• Witnessed x 9
    • Agree x 1
  2. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I'm watching a programme where they're dealing with a flea infestation and now my skin it itching all over

• Witnessed x 8
  3. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

will my fucking neighbours ever change the battery in their smoke alarm? it has been chirping 24/7 for days.

• Witnessed x 3
  4. How do they even live with that?

Actually have you seen your neighbors recently?

5. cleverThylacine

yep. they're alive. I don't get it either.

6. Okay I was worried for a minute. Whew.

7. cleverThylacine

I can also hear them talking.

They have regular visits from health care workers. but they don't speak English, French or Japanese, and I'm better at reading than speaking the last two.

I managed to catch the PT guy this morning and asked him to tell them, let's hope.

8. cleverThylacine

I mean, I'd do it for them, though their daughter should be able to, but if I could make the offer I could explain the problem!

9. latitans

latitans zounds, scoob

I can't tell if it's allergies that are making me unmanageably sleepy all the time, or the over-the-counter medicine I'm taking for the allergies, and I would just like to be able to stay awake for more than three hours at a time thanks

• Witnessed x 1
  10. cleverThylacine

Which OTC meds are you taking? There are several, so if one of them is making you drowsy you could use a different one.

11. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

The bridge measurement for my glasses severely limits my options for new glasses, if I want something that won't fall right off my face. (I found a fantastic pair of cat-eye sunglasses in purple on Zenni Optical...but they have a 23 mm bridge. My current pair have a 16 mm bridge. Switching from acetate frames without nose pads, to metal frames with nose pads would give me a couple millimeters of wiggle room, but not nearly enough for making it reasonable to buy those particular frames.)

All I want is two pairs of glasses, which fit the aesthetic of "you swiped those from Edna Mode" - tall, wide lenses, nose pads so they don't fall off my gotdang face if I look down for too long, and a shape that I find appealing. Ideally, an option for Fashion colours too.
    Why is it so hard to find something with nose pads that fits the rest of this brief?

12. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Related note: why does Clearly Contacts not let me just...upload a frigging photo of myself so that I can see with my own eyes how a set of glasses will look on me, instead of having to guess? Zenni doesn't have that problem. :/

Also, Hummingbird is making noises about how I should wait for disability coverage before I buy new glasses. Which - no? I haven't even applied for disability yet and it's been four years since I last replaced my glasses. I am not waiting however long it might take for disability coverage I may or may not qualify for, before I get myself some new glasses.

• Witnessed x 4
  13. latitans

latitans zounds, scoob

Yeah, I know, but I hate doing the "is this an unmanaged symptom or is this a side-effect" dance, especially since I was planning on finishing some work this week and keep inconveniently zonking out on my keyboard.

• Witnessed x 2
  14. cleverThylacine

I know, believe me, I'm doing it too. I've been sick since April 12th and gone thru two rounds of antibiotics and I'm mostly better but I am still living on antihistamines and guaifenesin and I almost zonked out in the middle of a committee meeting half an hour ago.

A committee that I'm secretary of and take the minutes for. I was just thinking, first of all, don't take diphenhydramine unless it's bedtime because they also use that in sleeping pills, and I personally have the best luck with cetirizin or fexofenadine ... and pseudoephedrine will make you hyper unless you have ADHD and then it will zonk you out, but I can't breathe without it rn.

15. Jove

Jove [ destination defenestration ]

Came to mind because of another thread, but here’s an open letter to tumblr:

Dear Tumblr,

No, that is not in any way true Celtic tradition. Please stop and ask people who know better.

Seriously Annoyed,

An Actual Druid

• Witnessed x 4
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

People who go out of their way to answer questions I didn't ask while ignoring the ones I did.

• Witnessed x 3
  17. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

Head ouch. Head fog. Head angry.

• Witnessed x 3
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

No one's bought anything at all from my Etsy in months :(

• Witnessed x 1
  19. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

If your OS is prone to spontaneous factory reset, that is maybe something you should fix sometime in the six fucking years it's been out.

• Agree x 7
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Dragon's blood incense chips are like fucking gravel. I need them to be powder and they won't break!

• Witnessed x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice