Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

My partner isn't getting home tonight and has his jobs swapped about with less than 8 hours' notice and we're both getting a bit fed up

• Witnessed x 5
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

my husband just broke the screen in the bathroom window

• Witnessed x 6
  3. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

I swear google drive gets less and less functional every time I periodically log in

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  4. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I'm hurty and have no blood

• Witnessed x 6
  5. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

I tagged something for someone on tumblr but it’s not showing up under the tag. Tumblr is a functional website/app.

• Witnessed x 4
  6. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

People need to stop stealing our FUCKING PRINTER

• Witnessed x 6
    • Agree x 1
  7. anthers

anthers sleepy

My dysfunctional burp reflex is defying all of the tactics that usually work and it HURTS.

• Witnessed x 1
  8. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

My brain has been fixating on one specific thing, namely going through some microcontroller's datasheet, that's essentially preventing me from being able to focus on anything it puts in the Learning Stuff category until I'm done with it.
    The problem? Not only do I not really know embedded programming, I've already figured out it wasn't even what I needed for the thing I was thinking of.

• Witnessed x 1
  9. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

me: how should the database file be formatted?
    documentation of tool: fuck you
    me: ok.jpg

• Witnessed x 4
  10. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

(later you discover that database tool only accepts gif and for some reason svg, with limited support for tiff but only if compressed with jbig2)

• Winner x 2
  11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I know it wants a fasta file, but fasta headers can vary a lot and some algorithms don't like it if you have certain characters/line breaks/etc. Of course they just assume you magically know how the fasta should be. They don't even have an example file I can look at.

• Witnessed x 1
  12. Verily

I maybe shouldn’t point too many fingers since I currently have a function whose docstring is mostly an apology for a different function, but at least nobody but me is using them.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  13. TMI.

My sister has woken everyone in the house up after midnight and might be having a panic attack. More importantly we’re trying to determine if she has to go to the emergency room, because either A, her appendix has burst, or B, she’s really constipated.

• Witnessed x 2
  14. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Came to this free concert, liked the first act but the second is a boring country guy and like 3 out of the 4 songs hes played have revolved around travelling...

like how many times can you try to do a knockoff of "ive been everywhere"

singing that you lived in new brunswick and travelled to saskatchewan is,in fact, real boring. anyway its not a big gripe because it's free and i got a bench to sit on instead of having to sit right on the ground and also i got a kebab

Edit: 5th song is about....saskatchewan. it's called....saskatchewan. please sir
    Edit edit: "well ive been to the coast and back again....from nova scotia to [CURRENT_CITY] again" sir blease

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    • Witnessed x 4
  15. Verily

It’s much less boring if you travel Saskatchewan while pirating.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  16. TFW you find some really great art but the artist is transphobic so you can’t enjoy it

• Witnessed x 6
  17. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Accidentally took my meds twice last night, gonna be super tired at work now. What a fun day.

• Witnessed x 2
  18. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I recently remembered a conversation I had a year ago that still makes me mad. I walked into walgreens and went up to the guy working at the makeup counter

me: can you help me find something? I'm in kind of a hurry.
    him: sure. Are you looking for acne wash?
    me: nail polish, actually. but i think [place across town] has what I need.

and i haven't bought makeup from walgreens since.

• Witnessed x 9
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The fly infestation seemed to have stopped. I drank about half a cup of milk before realising there'd been a dead fly in the cup when I picked it up >_< EWWWWW.

• Witnessed x 8
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It's 3 in the morning and I'm currently too angry to sleep because of idiot who sent me over forty passive-aggressive whining messages about how it's totally okay for them to use a racial slur.

• Witnessed x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice