Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

It's technically an educated guess, but it's because the porch they were sleeping in was constructed with a wooden board on top of a brick wall, and every little tiny hollow/tunnel where the bricks came together and there was a little dip had a little black widow spider sitting cozy in it. Grandma had previously noticed there were spiders, but not what type, and she was like "well they'll eat bugs that might get in" and left them alone. They were rather less tolerant after the bite and subsequent investigation, alas.

2. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

My sis-in-law has been very definitely bitten by a female redback spider which had made a home in a box in their garage in Perth - positive ID was made at the time of the bite, antivenin administered, she felt a bit nauseous for a couple of days but that was it. Don't reach into boxes without looking if you're in Australia, folks.

• Informative x 2
  3. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

Aw, poor spiders. :( Thanks for the story though!

(...Man, when you think about...Homo sapiens sapiens are THE ultimate invasive species in the world, aren't we? We just kind of go tromping around, expending the biosphere to bend to our whims and throwing big destructive hissy fits when it doesn't. There ARE other species that radically restructure their local environments, blue-green algae and beavers come first to mind, but on a global scale it seems like we have them all beat. Well, maybe not the algae, but y'all know what I mean.)

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

On the one hand im glad my insulin pump and sensor are waking me up to fix my high blood sugars but on the other hand its really disrupting my sleep and It Sucks

• Witnessed x 2
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I got very little sleep last night because I have The Plague and my head feels like it's full of glue.

• Witnessed x 5
  6. Everett

i have So Many tabs open on my phone because im trying to find a dress shirt to wear to my friends wedding this fall! Aaaaaaa!

I could get custom shirts made at the same place thats making my suit (basically mens wearhouse) but that requires Commitment (tbh would probably be better for me but im still eyeing up Lands Ends dress shirts)

7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

people using discord's @everyone or @here function for frivolous shit

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  8. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

I Hate Packing!!! Going on trips is fun but packing causes nothing but anxiety!!! I'm terrified I've forgotten something!!! Even though I checked everything three times!!!!

• Witnessed x 5
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm disproportionately annoyed by the upcoming Friendsim title not giving us any real clues as to who it's about.

10. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

machine sounds outside!!! fuck them!!!

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

When a thread includes a person who blocked me for whatever reason so I can't tell later commenters how stupid their arguments are.

12. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

"fancy pigeon breed appreciation" post on my dash where more than half the breeds pictured have crippling health problems (can't breathe, recurved spine, can't fly, eyes Literally Do Not Fit In Skull...) bred into them as the appropriate standard
    Why Do Humans Make Animals For The Aesthetic

• Agree x 7
    • Witnessed x 7
  13. Everett

sleep schedule is Bad, made Worse by bad blood sugar management

my insulin pump and glucose monitor sensor team up to yell at me if my bg is too high, which it was for like 4 hours overnight despite multiple corrections. It did eventually get down to normal but ugggghhhh

• Witnessed x 4
  14. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I totally misread the time on my ticket and thought it was an hour earlier than it actually was. Which means I walked in on a film that was in progress and am now waiting for that movie to finish so that I can go in the theatre after -_-

• Witnessed x 4
  15. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Phones at work are fucked up and my boss is driving me crazy.

• Witnessed x 4
  16. Everett

blood sugar babysitting

• Witnessed x 3
  17. shmeed

shmeed plant me

why doesn't McDonalds serve lunch until 11. rude against early birds who dont care about breakfast food

• Agree x 8
  18. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I am going on holiday tomorrow, and for some reason ANXIETY!!!11!1!eleventy!~has decided to settle into my brain right this minute >.<

• Witnessed x 5
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I want to spitefic but to truly spite the people I want to spite I'd have to write my hard limits. Bleh.

• Witnessed x 2
  20. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

these so-called spicy corn chips I'm eating rn are very much Not Spicy

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice