Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I can't find stuff reliably and it's giving me The Anxious, because I know I've seen the item I want recently. This is why I need ADHD meds. Because it shouldn't be some superhuman feat to remember where things ruddy well are.

• Witnessed x 5
  2. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

I think I've recently contracted some sort of minor curse that's made me become very clumsy with food, because I have successfully managed to drop food on myself or the floor at least once per day this past week

• Witnessed x 4
  3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Every day that passes brings me inexorably closer to the day when I finally snap and hunt down the person who made the West Virginia campaign finance reporting website and pelt them with shoes until they apologize for their crimes against programming and web design.

• Witnessed x 9
    • Winner x 1
  4. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

My shift was unfortunately extended die to factors outside everyone's control (basically: it's a hospital, shit happens) and I have only been home for 15 minutes (It's 3.30 am and I wasn't able to leave the hospital until 2.30 am when my shift ended at 12.30 am) and I just realised I forgot to do something for a patient, which means I am going to have to leave my bed and remote in to get it done because otherwise I run the risk of forgetting D:

• Witnessed x 4
  5. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

I have a minor scratch on my cornea as a result of a horsing-around incident with my kid. Nothing serious, just some eyedrops and keep it closed for a few days.

It's my lazy eye, so you think this would be no big deal. I get fuckall use out of the thing, so it should make very little difference.

...apparently not. It's actually a Big Deal to have half your visual field missing, even if that half is vague and handwavy as fuck.

• Witnessed x 5
  6. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Dear CBD e-liquid manufacturers: you're already legally required to isolate it for sale here, adding fucking hemp flavoring is completely unnecessary because you're not targeting the right demographic, and besides, it really doesn't work well with the soapy glycol taste. Please stop.

• Witnessed x 4
  7. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

maybe I'm just lenient or something but either way I would probably be enjoying this book sporking I'm reading more if the sporkers didn't keep reaching all over the place for things to tear down and deriding it for just using metaphors and dramatic irony and things like that even if the attempts are awkward. like yeah the book is bad and it's probably confirmation bias working but you don't need to make up more reasons to hate the book than you already have on hand

8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I'm not sure what the appropriate button is for, "Man, I've been there, it can get super-annoying when people do that."

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  9. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

My textbook has exercises for deriving functions from other functions. On its own fine. But the book doesn't tell us what the function is that we're supposed to be finding. It names it, sure, (ex. the maxwell distribution) but it does not, in any place in the book, actually define what that is. I checked the index, where the only mention is on the page that the exercise mentions it, checked that page thoroughly, and found that it didn't give anything besides the name, and then went through every other part of the book to see if it was there. It was not. What the F U C K

• Witnessed x 5
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

People cursing out the Friendsim for not immediately explaining every little detail. Yes, because the main game still needs to have some plot left. Did you forget that was a thing?

ETA: Also someone being angry that there is conflict in the story.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

How the fuck can someone have enough knowledge of electricity to make anti-rape electric underwear without realising that the user would have to be touching it when it gives off a shock too?

12. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yeah. Not to mention that sets up ridiculous scenarios where the underwear shocks the user unconscious and thus makes it easier for the attacker, doesn't it?

• Witnessed x 1
  14. Verily

I'm not sure "unconscious from unexpected electric booty" is a Continue As Normal situation for your average assault supplier, but who the fuck even knows. Like, someone who is behaving in an unpredictable, potentially hazardous manner may be more likely to be passed up for assault by a stranger, but that's no sure thing. And that's assuming a stranger.

15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yeah, all of these stupid products assume strangers, which makes them 75%+ useless, and also assumes said strangers are too stupid to look for said devices, which renders them near-completely useless.

• Agree x 1
  16. Verily

Although I do stand by "unconscious from unexpected electric booty" as a source of significant puzzlement.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the main problem with these devices is they can basically only be used by one person ever. As soon as the story hits the news, attackers will know to look for them.

18. Verily

Yeah.

I was trying to imagine whether I, a potential attacker, might possibly in some way be deterred by the Electric Cooter Acid Test. I just can’t. First because I can’t imagine wanting to do such a thing. Secondly because it reminds me of a paper about computer security that discussed how poorly our resources are being spent for research. A lot of people are putting effort into novel bad solutions for rare, worst-case problems instead of improving the bad solutions we’re stuck with for very common, mundane problems. Maybe there is room somewhere in this world for thunderwear, but I don’t think it’s effectively addressing the vast majority of the problem, if it’s effectively addressing any part of it at all. If security theater (ineffective but showy measures to make the public aware that Something Is Being Done) had an intimate apparel section, this might be it.

• Agree x 4
  19. Verily

(It’s extremely late and yet I spent the time putting that into read-y words because I wanted to make deplorable puns.)

• Winner x 3
  20. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Excuse me but I think you mean you wanted to make excellent puns.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice