Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The electric underwear is SLIGHTLY better than the ones which require people to go around with large spiked objects shoved in their orifices all day, but still. Seriously, those things are stupid. Anyone who does enjoy having things in there, would you really want to have a thing larger than the average penis in there every time you go outside? And if it's not sturdy enough to be painful after a while, then it's soft, and either the spikes won't do anything or they'll chew through the outside and cut up the user. And the spiked tampon one both doesn't even have the pretence of an outer protective shell and has a very obvious sign that it's there with the string hanging out!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Dude on Quora is threatening to report me for harassment and hate speech for the terrible crime of...pointing out that Judaism and Christianity are not, in fact, the same religion. And that Christianity can't be a denomination of Judaism, because Christianity has some fundamental tenents (like, y'know, the whole "Jesus was the son of God and not a mere mortal like the rest of us" bit, and the "Jesus rose from his grave" bit, and the "Jesus is the messiah" bit) that are incompatible with Judaism.

I'm guessing he's probably a Messianic Jew from how quickly he went to accusing me of saying that I'm claiming Christianity is lying and stealing from Judaism. Because "your faith is a lie and is culturally appropriative" is a pretty common charge against that particular sect of Christianity on account of how it's true, what with them claiming to be Jews who just happen to believe in Jesus and that they get to use Jewish religious items.

It's equal parts annoying and hilarious, and I'm more annoyed by the fact that I have to bite the urge to keep responding, because no. Nothing good will come of it.

• Witnessed x 4
  3. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I remember the days when the scaffies used to come into the garden and empty the bin for you once a week as was RIGHT and PROPER, none of this saving it up for a fortnight and then dragging the damn thing to the kerb yourself. Also mail got delivered twice daily and you could go up to the shop and get a can of shandy and a pack of space raiders and still have change for a penny mix. /Old bloke voice

No internet then though so fuck swapping back.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    • Witnessed x 3
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

sticky homework from students

:why:

• Witnessed x 11
  5. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Ew! No! “No sticky homework” should have been implied.

• Agree x 6
  6. latitans

latitans zounds, scoob

god I can't stop thinking about this

was the assignment done on paper? if so, was the structural integrity of the paper compromised by stickiness? what color was the stickiness? could you tell what it was?

• Agree x 3
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm remembering a Simpsons Comics line about Ralph's homework; "He used a crayon until he ate it. Then he used mustard. For the last two questions he-" "Never mind. I don't want to know."

• Like x 2
  8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

These were two separate sticky paper assignments, and they were mostly sound - just small patches of stickiness that had glued some pages together in one case and got on my thumb in the other. I'm thinking that both were some sort of food or drink substance, which is the typical cause of sticky homework (at least in my experience).

• Witnessed x 4
    • Informative x 1
  9. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I had a teacher once who had an explicit rule forbidding greasy homework, due to an incident with chicken and translucent paper and a student who pointed out that technically the rules said nothing about that sort of thing.

• Witnessed x 6
  10. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Surprise night shift. On my day off.

• Witnessed x 7
  11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

One mod in the modpack I'm making won't work correctly, just the one.

The one I was most excited to play with. :/

• Witnessed x 4
  12. Jove

Jove [ destination defenestration ]

Trying to help mum as the only resident Tech Support person in the house is like pulling teeth.

• Witnessed x 7
  13. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

My sister keeps calling me for tech support.

From her workplace. That has its own IT department.

• Witnessed x 10
  14. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

made fried rice for dinner only to end up spilling rice fuckeverywhere in the process

• Witnessed x 10
  15. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

oh that is fucking worst. i especially hate when it's dry and uncooked because you keep stepping on it for weeks unless you like vacuum thoroughly AND EVEN THEN STRAY GRAINS FUCK YOU

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Forgot my cooler and so I have to make an extra trip in to the city tomorrow to get my meds

• Witnessed x 6
  17. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

My parents are making a complete pig's ear of decorating the shower room. I'm at the point of just letting them do what they want so I can rip it all down and do it fuckin properly myself at the expense of causing myself extreme pain and exhaustion.

They don't recognise the wallpaper pattern doesn't have vertical symmetry and have tried to hang at least two lengths upside down. My internal monologue is basically "muffled screaming forever".

• Witnessed x 6
  18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Me and the one (1) other floor guy in our department are getting scolded for being behind, despite having 2 people to do the work of 3 and our department manager fucking everything up

• Witnessed x 6
  19. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

My iPad was vibrating and I couldn’t figure out why, then I took my headphones off and realized the tumblr app was playing music.
    Wtf?

• Witnessed x 5
  20. Jove

Jove [ destination defenestration ]

iOS 12's screentime feature. It's annoying that it digs up the last passcode (if you have that feature turned off) you used, which you could have easily forgotten, to turn it off, and it's also creepy af, considering its "family" feature option to put restrictions on app and actually making calls/texts usage. Totally encouraging parents to snoop on their kids, invading their privacy, and possibly controlling what they can and cannot do with it.

idk I find that extra annoying, ymmv.

• Witnessed x 6
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice