Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Li is trying to hide the fact we are roasting a chicken from the cat by burning a scented wax tart. The resultant floral poultry smell is appalling.

• Witnessed x 11
  2. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

INCONSISTENT NOTATION IN TEXTBOOKS.

If I have to spend 10 minutes googling and making risky assumptions about what you mean, you have written a bad textbook.

It annoys me in any way it's presented honestly but like. A textbook is the author trying to teach something. Which makes it sooooo much worse.

• Witnessed x 2
  3. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

People that play Pachelbel's Canon and Gigue all sweet and syrupy with weeping strings or even bloody synths.

Fucking no.

It needs a cello, it is creaky, it has corners.

It is not a fucking k-pop wedding march.

Thank you for your time.

• Agree x 1
  4. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

work isnt ~fulfilling~ and i want to sleep instead of doing the stupid weekend shift

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  5. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I feel like a lot of people fundamentally misunderstand the point of writing outsiders. Like having an edgy loner is cool and all, but that's not why you write them. If your character who has never been to a setting before doesn't notice all the oddities and quirks of that setting, what's the point of having him not be a local?

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

This takeout place messes up on seafood every time I try ordering it, and it should not be this hard to do seafood properly, they're a sushi restaurant! I didn't even actually order sushi, I ordered a seafood salad! And the blurb claims that it should be cocktail shrimp and crab meat with field greens, but the only part that's accurate is field greens; there's no crab meat, the shrimp are too tiny to be cocktail shrimp, and worse: they're mushy - which means this wasn't the first time these have been thawed out. The only cocktail aspect is that the restaurant dumped some cocktail sauce on top of the shrimp, to go with the rest of the dressing.

I mean, I get you want to keep costs down in the food industry, but this is offputting as hell.

• Witnessed x 6
  7. turtleDove

IT GOT WORSE! How did it get worse?!

I ordered a salmon donburi at the same time, and expected - y'know - thin slices of salmon on a bed of rice. What I got is more accurately described as "deconstructed salmon roll", complete with ginger and wasabi. And, most bafflingly, plastic sushi grass.

I now have serious concerns about this restaurant's ability to actually be trusted with ingredients.

• Witnessed x 4
  8. Lebesgue Integreat

It's. It's like there's Chopped going on in that kitchen from what you're describing holy FUCK.

• Agree x 2
  9. turtleDove

I know, right? Like, the shrimp was at least understandable, in terms of "they're probably cutting corners on ingredients". Plastic sushi grass just...makes me wonder if they straight-up bought the components from a grocery store? Or are using grocery store sushi to supplement their ingredients? There is no reason for plastic sushi grass to be a component in my food, even as a garnish. (Which is how it was placed.)

10. Lebesgue Integreat

:excalibur:
    Honestly I think you're probably right. Sounds a LOT like they're just buying shit from the grocery store.

• Agree x 1
  11. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

it was a day off today and nobody told me

I could have slept in

• Witnessed x 6
  12. Lebesgue Integreat

I just had the sushi equivalent of people thinking chicken doesn't need seasoning.

Also, why the FUCK do all middle aged fathers (that I've met so far) put on the weirdly affected tone when talking to staff in Chinese/Japanese restaurants where they drag out all of their syllables and drop a bunch of words? And like. It's only in those areas, nowhere else.

• Witnessed x 6
  13. cantankerousAquarius

cantankerousAquarius Acrasial Macrology

How the surround sound ain't workin and how frickin Loud we gotta play this movie as a result so grandma can hear

Also how she keeps asking questions abt who everyone is

• Witnessed x 4
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Started up a new dA account for some adoptable stuff, gone around and joined/said hi to a bunch of groups, and NO ONE has even said hello. I know I've only had the account for a few days but it feels like I'm intentionally being shunned.

15. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

this is what i meant when i said that its hella hard to break into the dA adopt scene. people are extremely cliquey because they all kind of have their own adopt circles :(

16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'd probably get into it more easily if I bought a couple from other people, but the whole reason I wanted to do it was because I have no money, and also I write a lot more than I draw and owning a single member of a closed species doesn't make for a story >:(

17. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

not impressed that my speech processing is on the fritz and it was the first thing I fought to get out coherently this morning (barely managed a 'not word good today' at that) and yet still - still! - getting nyeeped at for not being talkative enough and not ~*paying attention*~

like thanks it just makes me want to shut down even harder.

• Witnessed x 6
  18. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

The fact that there's a sizable contingent of the TMBG fandom that doesn't think John Flansburgh is anywhere near as good as John Linnell. Like...they're both equally talented, y'all. And they're BFFs, so it's not like Linnell would be happy with you putting Flans down!!

UGHHHHH. Sperg raaaaage

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 2
  19. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I think part of it is photographs of Joe Biden eating a sandwich and some of it may be that there are some people who feel that one of the Johns has written lyrics that particularly speak to them. There’s nothing wrong with feeling like a specific person’s work resonates especially, or having an opinion about which picture of Joe Biden eating a sandwich is your personal favorite.

It’s almost certainly gonna be destructive to your hope for more material, though, if you manage to push the message that sandwiches are superior to Joe Biden so hard that it echoes through every lunch, making Joe Biden’s interaction with sandwiches into some sort of contest instead of a meal for its own sake. For the sake of lunchtime harmony, please acknowledge that it wouldn’t be a photograph of Joe Biden eating a sandwich without both of them in it (and the photographer is a real contributor too), and your feeling that the sandwich wore the mayonnaise better is nothing more or less than your opinion.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  20. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Yeah, I totally get preferences--those are completely reasonable! My issue is with the "Flans contributes nothing to the band" types, who are just...so, so wrong.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice