Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

"Class, please read the comments on your assignments and exams, they are important to your work."
    Me: Oh! I didn't realize she commented!
    Comments: "A bit off, -5", "-3"
    Me: :airquote:important:airquote:

• Witnessed x 4
  2. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

It's been 22 minutes of class, and only about five of those so far are actual content. The rest is the professor complaining about people talking or using their phones and not focusing.
    This is a college class. It's not a huge lecture, sure, but come on, we're not in high school anymore.

• Witnessed x 5
  3. palindromordnilap

And now she's mad at people repeating her words. She's got a Romanian accent and there are people in the class who can't understand her well enough, so other people repeat what she says for them.

• Witnessed x 3
  4. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

I had two professors like this, they're the worst.

• Witnessed x 2
  5. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

I'd forgotten how annoying bbcode is on mobile, since I'm mainly a reddit person.

the keystrokes required for italics are downright heinous.

• Witnessed x 4
  6. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

a facebook friend shared a video of very realistic halloween makeup, of a graphic facial injury. Just full on gore in my feed with no warning or content note or even a "hey check out this gnarly fake injury"

Blocked the page it came from, reported the post for graphic violence because idgaf that its fake, get that shit behind a "this post may contain graphic content"or whatevet clickthrough. Also put her on snooze for 30 days so she can get the halloween shit out of her system

fuuuuuuck you, i was getting ready for a shower and now i'm gonna postpone that until the morning so i don't have to think about that whioe im trying to rinse my hair

• Witnessed x 7
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

@Everett you want a picture of my cat playing with yarn?

8. Everett

i'm ok but yarn cat would be appreciated! Thank

9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Any excuse to share pictures of my cat

[​IMG]

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
  10. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

My leg started cramping up during exercise class last night, and now most of my body aches today. Which is partly expected, because muscle aches the day after exercise (especially when it's stuff like weight lifting) is normal. But my hip is bugging me, and was bugging me last night too, and I'm just. Ugh. I would like to not ache all over, is all.

• Witnessed x 3
  11. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

I was going to go out and do something today but then it started raining so now I have to wait until tomorrow :)))))

• Witnessed x 4
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Can't find an image I found a few days ago

• Witnessed x 5
  13. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

I was able to go out today but of course the place I wanted to go was closed and I probably won't be able to have the time or spoons to try again until next weekend, gdi

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    • Witnessed x 3
  14. Everett

And my bloodwork didnt even turn out because they couldnt get any blood out of me from either arm :/

• Witnessed x 4
  15. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

WELP, the last light bulb in the spare room blew out the lighting circuit for most of the house just as it was getting dark. Decorator changed the bulbs for me thinking it was just that fitting but no, our ancient fuse box has decided to throw one of its semi-regular shitfits. My kitchen lighting now consists of six tealight candles and a Star Wars empire-themed lava lamp.

It's... less than ideal.

• Witnessed x 5
  16. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

It’s fucking hot in my apartment and the business in the front controls the thermostat so I can’t turn it down.

• Witnessed x 5
  17. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

exam

• Witnessed x 6
  18. Everett

Got a $20 parking ticket on the work vehicle because i didnt put in enough change for a 2 hour long event, so now i have to pay it

• Witnessed x 7
  19. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

I have a weekly class on the history of fascism in the US, and if I hear another fucking "but all recent presidents exhibit some fascist traits", "Trump's just a blowhard, why are people taking him seriously?", "most people wouldn't know that's an anti-semitic dogwhistle so there's no reason to think the president's speechwriters meant it that way", "I'm completely politically neutral, I have major issues with both sides so I don't vote and accept whoever wins", or fucking "but people should care about inner city crime, it's not racist to think it's horrible that black people are killing each other" from this one woman, I swear to god I will...

... well, realistically, I will do my best to politely and articulately explain to her the problems with 95% of everything she has said in this class, like a person having a reasonable discussion about a subject that isn't a literal life or death issue for countless people who aren't her, and then I will scream my lungs out for hours afterwards to anyone who will listen like I'm doing now. But. I just. AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Witnessed x 9
  20. palindromordnilap

Parts of a video I'm watching use a low-quality microphone for The Aesthetic. But there are captions! But whoever made the captions literally just copy/pasted Youtube's automated video transcription, and it fails at parsing precisely the things I fail at parsing too.

• Witnessed x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice