Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

i fucking forgot my goddamn cooler aGAIN so now i have to disrupt my friday for medicine pickup

• Witnessed x 5
  2. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

If virtual box could stop taking three days of my time with freezing and crashing for literally a 60-120 second data set I need to make, it'd be REALLY appreciated.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Fuuuuuuck vbox tho seriously I appreciate that it lets me have quick Unix access but good lord the problems I have had with it

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  4. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

Update, I had to spend a half hour today on call with tech support in order to find out the reason it kept fucking up to the point where it didn't even report what went wrong in the log was because it does math weirdly and got itself stuck in an infinite loop. :hmph::iguess:

• Witnessed x 4
  5. Jove

Jove [ destination defenestration ]

> "we know it's hard, but you can always just pipe up with stuff you want to talk about"
    > okay I want to talk about horses
    > "nope, that's too complicated this early in the morning despite the fact that we've been talking complicated political concepts for two hours straight"
    > oh, okay, sure, I guess

• Witnessed x 4
  6. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

I have to go out today, so of course it just had to rain, ugh

• Witnessed x 1
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

My grandmother's dog is the only non-disabled/injured dog I've ever met that refuses to walk, and I have to "walk" her, or rather drag her, along with my father who's walking my mother's dogs which won't slow down.

8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Also, dA commenter telling me my base is in the Uncanny Valley without saying what precisely is wrong with it so I can't fix it.

• Witnessed x 3
  9. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Packing for the move, and apparently putting clothes and fabric items into boxes is Doing It Wrong? Because those are lightweight and should go in clear garbage bags since it'll be easier to load them into a uhaul like that?? Despite the fact that boxes...can hold more than one thing, and using the larger boxes for lightweight items is better, and also boxes are a lot easier to load and store on account of "they have a defined shape and also can be easily stacked". Plus, boxes can be labelled! Garbage bags cannot!

(I don't know if I'm extra annoyed by it because I really don't like putting my clothes into garbage bags unless I have to, or it's stuff that we're donating. And I don't want to have to unpack a box and a half that I've already loaded up, either.)

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  10. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Trust me, garbage bag can be stuffed so full of clothes that it'll feel like a sack of pure rocks. Heavy ones.
    I say keep putting the clothing in boxes.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  11. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Somebody just reblogged my snarky response to that food tricks video directly from me with the comment
    Dude, are you. Aware I can see your comment.

• Witnessed x 5
  12. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

i.... i am so confused. is this negging?

• Agree x 4
  13. Misty Pond

therapy appointment today had to be delayed because therapist is sick

dammit, I had things to ask about

• Witnessed x 2
  14. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

I ws fixing a computer in the head-of-school meeting room just now, and the school manager was in with one of the admins sorting out accommodation for some kind of event they were planning.

"You'll have to make sure you put supervisors in with supervisors, and students in with students - oh, and make sure you don't put males in with females."

I interjected with "But what if they're gay?"

She laughed heartily and said "we don't have to worry about that, they're high-school students!"

... EXCUSE ME BUT I DO NOT THINK YOU UNDERSTAND HOW THIS WORKS.

• Witnessed x 8
    • Agree x 4
  15. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Got my new glasses prescription but repeatedly flinched away from the eye pressure air puff test, so they couldn't do that part.

who designed that test and why did they think making a machine that tries to shoot air at your eye faster than your blink reflex was effective

• Agree x 4
  16. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

My CPAP started acting strange last night and no amount of messing with the settings would have any effect. The place I got it from has been out of network for a couple years so I can't go back and say WTF.

• Witnessed x 3
  17. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

Me too! They tried about 20 times and I just could. not. suppress the blink.

• Witnessed x 1
  18. Misty Pond

downsides of eating indian curry: Everything You Touch Is Now The Color Yellow

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 4
  19. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

God, that's the one that's supposed to test for eye pressure and shit, right? I had to do that one too, and I barely managed to get through it the second time.

ETA: go me, I'm a derp who managed to forget what test it was within the five minutes it took to tab between pages, despite Everett explicitly saying what the test was for. It's still an awful, awful test.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • Witnessed x 1
  20. I'm no longer going to be able to stay on my parents' insurance next year and have to pick out my own. I have no idea what I'm doing, and despite their best efforts the company benefits website does not make it easy.

• Witnessed x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice