Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Soy-sauce packets are evil. You need a dozen of them to do any good, sitting there ripping them open one after another, and then one squirted all over my keyboard.

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 1
  2. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

* Yes, we can set up an environment for your VMs that you want to use for your exams. We will need AT LEAST FOUR DAYS lead time to roll out and test your shit, because there's work needed on both ends to roll out and configure your images to work on the lab machines, then test, potentially make changes, roll out changes, and test again. And there's other exams in the labs all that week; we can't roll out or test while exams are running, so factor in extra time for that as well.

* Yes, we understand, and will work within those limits.

... its the day before the exam (which will be on a saturday morning, when no IT staff will be around, no less), and guess what hasn't fucking happened yet. And there are exams on until 4:30pm.

• Witnessed x 6
  3. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

* The image will be ready by 12:00 at the latest.

It's now 1:20pm, no sign of him.

• Witnessed x 3
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Had to leave the table twice during dinner out with the family because of very heavy period, and the outing was unexpected so I hadn't brought supplies and had to use a ton of loo roll.

• Witnessed x 3
  5. I just want one fucking day off.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

it's late, i hurt, but since i started this ethics training i have to finish it

• Witnessed x 4
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Personal squicks talking, but
    I feel like mind control really shouldn't be in the light kink section of a discussion board. It is, after all, rape by definition, albeit a form which can't be done in real life.

• Agree x 4
  8. anthers

anthers sleepy

This probably sums up what's irritating me right now right fine.

[​IMG]

[In all caps: 'My mind is like my internet browser - 19 tabs open, 3 of them are frozen, and I have no idea where the music is coming from.]

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

This is tab 19 of 74.

10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It's harder for someone to suspend their disbelief for the idea that, in a world which had magical fairy god parents, the existence of more severe abuse and war and world hunger would have already been solved centuries before the show started, than it is to suspend it for the idea of a world in which fairies exist at all?

• Witnessed x 2
  11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Google is shutting down Inbox. >:(

• Informative x 1
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Realised I was supposed to go to an appointment on the 13th that I was remembering as the 15th because I confused it with something else.

• Witnessed x 1
  13. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

...hang on, google is getting rid of its email function?

14. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Lupron shots are a pain in the ass. Quite literally when the muscle randomly twitches for some reason and tears around the needle.

• Witnessed x 3
  15. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

no, inbox was different to gmail. Inbox was a different, less cluttered email service from google that was just... super nice. It's the best email i've ever used, and i've been using it for years now.

It had auto sorted emails, and a really clean interface. It would stick all promotions and stuff into a special bundle and stuff. it was great.

• Witnessed x 2
  16. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

fucking ghoti and associated """new spellings""
    that's not how phonetics works

• Agree x 3
  17. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Apparently, autism technically counts as a chronic illness meaning I get a free flu shot every year.
    This would have been great to know when I got it done last month, and paid for it out of pocket.

• Witnessed x 6
  18. Contact the insurance/shot provider, check if you can get reimbursed for it. Worth a shot.

• Agree x 1
  19. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Sfucking smoke detector decided for once in its miserable life to detect the smoke from a burnt bagel and woke me the fuck up at ass oclock

• Witnessed x 8
  20. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

This lecturer cares so little about being good at his job that he wrote a powerpoint and did a voice over on it about how rounding 2.5 in the normal way is equal to 2. When even by definition it's supposed to be 3.

• Witnessed x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice