Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

BACK

ITCHY

• Witnessed x 6
  2. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

My friend asked me to do a 7hr drive (3-3.5 hrs each way) so they can be with their husband for xmas but my mom doesnt want me to because it would be:
    • dangerous bc of weather/roads
    • right after my 7-8hr shift meaning id be tired, even tho my friend says they can do the drive back
    • risky bc i dont have out of province insurance
    I told my friend i could do it and then had to take that back after my mom pointed out it wasnt a good idea for me to do it

• Witnessed x 2
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Everyone referencing Simba at the line "Remember who you are" in the Friendsim and no one else referencing "remember what you did to Marni".

4. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

"Candidate must have minimum 5+ years of experience." ... "This position is part time, 20 hours per week." ... "This position starts on January 14th and goes until May 10th."

:hussiedance: <- Me @ all the people like this.

• Agree x 5
    • Witnessed x 5
  5. Everett

The apparent attitude on twitter that following someone = supporting and approving of them

like "Person A still follows Person B, even after finding out what B did, ugh"

Or "if any of my mutuals still follow person X im blocking you"

(Edit: or "oh no i didnt know, i followed them for so long but im unfollowing now" like ok?? does having followers automatically mean you get like power on twitter? What are you apologizing for? were you paying this person or promoting their shit?)

I know a local news organization follows shittons of people including trump and every major party leader for our province

Because...they want to keep an eye on them

Not because this newsroom supports trump

Has the concept of hatereading or hate following just left their minds

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Agree x 6
  6. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Twitter is treated like a primary-school level popularity contest, you must have x-many followers to sit with the cool kids at their table

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 2
  7. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Twitter does show your followers occasional popular posts from people you follow. I have been pretty lucky with the algorithm involved and it is one of the ways I find new people to follow. I could see it showing people content from shitty person x tho I suspect this is not the primary reason why people are being salty about folks continuing to follow Bad People(tm).

• Informative x 3
  8. Everett

My coworker often audibly tries to like clear mucous from her throat and it's gross

i understand nobody likes the feeling of mucous doing the thing but i really dont want to be able to hear you doing that from like five feet away

eta: she leaves in 10 minutes thankfully

shes nice and a good coworker but its basically been

(various gross coughing noises)
    (regurgitating-phlegm noises)
    (throat clearing noises like marge simpson)
    (trying to discreetly spit into a paper towel which you then crumple up further and put back down on your desk)

s t o p

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Witnessed x 6
  9. Witnessed, I myself am guilty of really needing to clear my throat but I try to at least get as far away from other people as I can first.

10. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I'm considering picking up target shooting again. Except the French word for "left-handed" also happens to be the name of a rifle manufacturer, making Google useless for finding left-handed gun models available in France.

• Witnessed x 3
  11. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

What are the gun laws like in France?

12. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

The regulations are pretty tight, but you can get most of what a reasonable hunter or sports shooter will want with a license for, well, either of those. This is currently all pretty theoretical, though, as I definitely don't have the money for this right now.

13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Why did I choose to give a redesigned character the most complicated-to-draw hairstyle possible? Her original incarnation had braided pigtails, and I decided this time to make her a little less childlike and go with braided bundles of box braids like this. Naturally that means I have to draw big braids, then sit there picking out line after line on them.

• Witnessed x 1
  14. Gee mom, sorry it took me five minutes to send you an email to yourself on your decade-old laptop. Maybe if you used your “new” laptop you bought two years ago this wouldn’t be a problem.

• Witnessed x 2
  15. I hate my dad and he deserves his broken leg.

• Witnessed x 2
  16. Everett

The canadian immigration system and my friends' lawyer whose mistake means my one friend may be denied entry

Congrats to this whole situation, its made my friends cry in the border services office and we have been here for hours

• Witnessed x 7
  17. fuck that's terrible :( i'm so sorry, everett.

18. Everett

thanks ((eta: this is sincere, thamk, it looks a bit sarcastic but its not supposed to be)

a a a

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    • Witnessed x 3
  19. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

My brother has this weird idea that things aren't illegal if you don't get caught immediately, or that the law doesn't apply to him, or something. I don't really know. I don't want to plumb the depths of his psyche. It just kept coming up in conversation today while we were both home for Christmas.

Things like running red lights in the middle of the night, or stealing shrimp from the grocery store. doesn't matter as long as you don't get caught, right? I guess? According to him?

Then we got in a discussion about doing home improvement and he didn't think you needed to get professional contractors and permits and things to rewire your kitchen or w/e, because who's going to know what you do in your own home?

dad: yeah, until you try to sell the house and the inspector notices that the kitchen layout doesn't match the floorplan and starts looking into things, or that the wiring isn't up to code, or that there aren't permits on file, and then you can't sell.

me: or when the faulty wiring causes an electrical fire in ten years, forensics looks into it, and suddenly you're on trial for manslaughter

• Witnessed x 5
  20. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

If the buyers are lucky, the inspector notices that stuff before the sale can go through. If they aren't, they end up with Bibliosphere's hellmouth house which has made professionals go "huh, that's...that shouldn't be like that" whenever they've been called in to fix things. Or you end up with Groverhaus which...it's Notorious and the guy building it had to get himself licensed as an inspector because no credible professional would sign off on the shit he'd done; if he ever tries to sell it, it'll probably be condemned as unsafe.

Meanwhile, I'm annoyed that I ordered extra tendons with my pho and did not get extra tendons. They're on the receipt and everything, but - no container with extra tendons. :/ I've complained about it on the feedback form, but that doesn't get me the extra tendons I paid for.

(edit cos I forgot to actually...finish the sentence about Groverhaus.)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    • Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice