1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Burlesque class involved a lot of spinning round on a chair, and my tights are made of the wrong material to be spinning about on a chair with carpet-like upholstery. I now literally have friction burns on my asshole.

• Witnessed x 6
  2. Mom: "you should spend less time online, it's not good for you."

Also My Mom: (literally implies i'm a psycho because I don't dot my I's)

• Witnessed x 4
  3. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

If I want better chances of getting work on TranscribeMe, I need to pass the accent exams so that I can qualify to do work with files that have British, Australian, or New Zealand speakers.

I just failed the British accent exam for the second time. Which means I can't reattempt it for a week! And I don't know what I did wrong! (And even more frustrating: I got both bits 90% accurate, which is not quite enough to pass! Do I need 100% fucking accuracy here? Fuck!)

• Witnessed x 3
  4. I just spilled 2/3rds of a soda into the console of my new car. >:^(

• Witnessed x 7
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Both my throat and my wisdom tooth hurt.

• Witnessed x 5
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Now I'm outright sick, and spent the morning still shivering under two duvets and a blanket.

• Witnessed x 3
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

new sports bra apparently shrinks in the wash. why would you do this to me, Satan?

(anyone know if target does exchanges without a receipt?)

• Witnessed x 4
  8. Loq

Loq cursed blue crab pincher

iirc target requires a receipt, unfortunately

• Informative x 1
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

well, there goes $25 I guess :/

10. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Today was such a goddamn MONDAY.

• Agree x 2
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Taxi driver, on seeing me get into the cab outside the supermarket with a full bag: "Been shopping?"
    Me, still not well and kind of out of it: "Yeah."
    What I wish I'd said: "No, I'm meeting my black market contact to hand over this bag of human organs."
    I hate it when people ask stupidly obvious questions.

• Witnessed x 2
  12. jacktrash

jacktrash absentee sperglord

minecraft modpack makers, will you PLEASE include at least one mod that has a magnet type item? constantly running around to pick up scattered debris is arthritis hell.

• Witnessed x 2
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

This cough suppressant tastes like honey-lemon-scented disinfectant. Which I guess it is, but it's AWFUL.

• Witnessed x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice