Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

"aromantic"
    "a romantic"

2. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

The UK papers are collectively shitting their britches over the new opposition leader's refusal to sing the national anthem at a thing, and have dedicated their front pages to it en masse. I mean, the Tories just voted to cut tax credits, but yeah, let's have an outrage party because the atheist republican didn't sing a song about God and the Queen.

• Like x 2
  3. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

There is a long email chain in my inbox dealing with what will happen if the government shuts down while we are on international travel. Note that this travel is a mission to measure polar ice loss that can only be done during this season for weather reasons, and there is already a large amount of money sunk into it. But if the government is shut down, even though we will be in Chile and we have only a certain number of days to get our data collection done, we legally cannot fly.

I am so, so angry that this shit is something we have to plan for.

• Like x 1
  4. NuclearVampire

NuclearVampire The teeniest horrorterror

I'm sad and depressed, and it's really frustrating to hit this wall and just. Stop. Get nothing done. Feel like shit for no reason. Curl up and cry for no reason. By this point there's this sort of underlying groan of annoyance underneath all the sad. *rolls eyes so hard at their brain, they're liable to roll right out of their head*

5. blue

blue hightown funk you up

audible does this thing where they pick a random music track and put snippets of it in between all the chapters! and it totally doesn't match the tone! how do you read "the truth" and decide it needs like - drums and jungle-bird noises??

• Like x 2
  6. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Also I went through the big bag of knitting needles I inherited from my great grandmother, looking for large needles, and found:

a) size tens (ok)
    b) SIZE ELEVEN, LOOKS PERFECT... except there's only one
    c) enormous wooden needles of indeterminate size

I went upstairs to rinse the dust off of a and c, but when I wiped the wooden ones on a towel they left a big streak of grime. NO THX

and now I'm having weird feelings about, like, not really wanting any of these grandma-needles, even though it's not like she wanted me to have them, I got them from my grandfather who mostly just wants stuff out of the house. HMPH

7. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I cannot currently seem to make myself get up and take a damn shower and I'm not sure why and I have somewhere to BE and WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN WHAT'S MY PROBLEM

8. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

@alex I had the same problem this morning, and it almost made me late for my train

9. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

@Emma it's so freaking frustrating
    I ended up being late to my tutoring session because of it and it was so awkward I was like "uh hey I'm here" and the person was like "what took you so long" and I just...how do you explain to someone you barely know that "well, see, I couldn't make myself get up and take a shower, so I'm late."

10. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

google drive hasn't been working for two days
    like the documents seem to work but adding stuff and looking at the folders and stuff doesn't

11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i have had a headache for the past hour that is making me feel like death warmed over and the neighbor is doing nothing to help it with his BLASTING MUSIC AT NEARLY MIDNIGHT AND SITTING IN HIS CAR REVVING THE ENGINE. he does this all the time and it's usually ignorable because i know he's just having a rough time of it but tonight it's just. UUUGH.

12. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

spiders constantly in my room, at night. all the fucking time. there's literally a dumbass one sitting in my trash can that I didn't even notice until a minute ago because I was worried about a different, bigger one that went nyooming across my floor and into the closet, where it'll hopefully stay for a while. they don't even kill the gnats

13. oph

People walking by my open window spouting some real transphobic bullshit

14. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Mom is on my ass again (in a very nice way, don't get me wrong) about bringing me my future car.

Mom, we have been over this, I do not want the car until I can legally drive it by myself, there is literally no fucking reason for you to drive it ~3 hours down here if it's going to sit in the parking lot at the apartments for the month that's still between me and my road test and possibly get towed because it hasn't moved in a month. And if, God fucking forbid, something goes pear-shaped and I fail the road test the first time, that's even longer that the damn car is going to just sit in the parking lot. FFS MOM ONE THING AT A TIME PLEASE.

[Edit: Lerxst used Common Sense and Logic! It's super effective! Mom sees where I am coming from and agrees that it would be best to wait.]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    • Like x 1
  15. smyxolotl

smyxolotl a person.

Apparently the commonly accepted term for ethnographic studies of internet communities is

NETNOGRAPHY

• Like x 2
  16. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Saying someone is irredeemable is the quickest way to get me to consider meta about a character shit and not worth my time. I'm not sure why I am annoyed by this right now but I am.

If irredeemable is applied to actually living people then I grow even more frustrated.

Why am I so annoyed.

17. Emma

MFING MOSQUITOES. ('nuff said)

18. oph

I'm trying to write a song (something I've never done before), but I can't because I have at least three songs from the Heathers musical stuck in my head.

God damn catchy soundtracks.

19. Emma

I am really cold, and I know that I need to get out of my clothes and go to bed, but I am too cold to make it happen.
    Also, mosquitoes. I never thought I'd say this, but I want temperatures to drop to freezing so that the little buggers DIE!

20. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

Ever since I updated my phone, typing the following things in my URL bar and hitting go takes me to variety.com: v, va. And the following things take me to thetoptens.com: t, th, the.

I never want to go to either of those websites! I'm just trying to get to the blogs of Luka and Seebs! And since my fingers remember when I could do that by just typing one or two letters, I keep going to those two stupid websites!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice