Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

Is there a word for a thing that's like, it's like a phobia, except that instead of it making you irrationally afraid, it makes you irrationally cry a bunch of tears every time, of frustration or despair or something.

Because like.

Writing emails......................

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 2
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Anxiety trigger?

• Agree x 4
    • Informative x 1
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Work got rained out and i really needed the dough from this shift in particular

• Witnessed x 5
  4. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

There's no point applying for jobs if I'm off my ADHD meds, but I can't get my meds without a health card, and I need money to get my meds even if I did have a health card, and there's a hole in this bucket, Liza.

• Witnessed x 14
  5. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

You know, I always feel pretty good about the weight I've lost recently until some random acquaintance compliments me on it out of nowhere, and I'm reminded that people assume "you've lost weight!" is a) universally a straightforward compliment, and b) other people's business by default. (And then I feel the irrational urge to stop losing weight just to spite them. :P)

This would probably annoy me less if there wasn't basically no socially acceptable response but to go along with it, since it's basically always people I don't know particularly well sincerely being friendly, but argh.

• Witnessed x 6
  6. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I hate that I have to buy a new car -_-

• Witnessed x 5
  7. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

The ads on tumblr get worse everyday. I just saw one for an ear cleaning tool with a video/gif of the inside of someone’s ear being cleaned out. I happened to be eating as I scrolled down.

• Witnessed x 6
  8. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I definitely know how you feel. I lost a lot of weight the wrong way a few years ago and it was always kind of a double edged sword, because on the one hand, it's nice to be complimented constantly. On the other, this medication and the anorexia it caused might be killing me.

The most telling story (For me) about complimenting people about their weight comes from a cancer thread on reddit. A woman was going in for an MRI or something to see how far the cancer was advancing and the tech said something along the lines of "you look so good! how did you lose that much weight?" and the woman with cancer said "well, I'm dying, so..."

yeah, weight loss really isn't anyone's business, except maybe the weight loser's doctor, and even then only sometimes.

• Agree x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  9. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Could sci-fi writers please be more imaginative than "Space United States" or "Space Roman Empire"?

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  10. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Let different languages exist, you cowards

• Agree x 6
  11. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  12. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

YOU aren't approved for registration, school! I WENT TO THE DISABILITY CENTER. THEY SAID I COULD NOW. YOU FUCKS.

• Witnessed x 5
  13. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

tried to satin stitch with a new kind of thread. Never again. Never. Again.

• Witnessed x 4
  14. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

My bed won't stay made. Something about the way I'm sleeping lately is making the sheet ball up near my midsection, which means I have to unmake and remake the whole thing if I want it to be properly made.

Also, summer has arrived and walking up out of the basement was like getting slapped with a wet wool blanket. It's hot and muggy.

• Witnessed x 6
  15. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I was told dinner at 6.
    we arrived at the restaurant at 730.
    w h y

• Witnessed x 8
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

There are big holes in the bottom of my expensive ace-pride socks and my gum infection is flaring up again :(

• Witnessed x 7
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I JUST DROPPED MY LAPTOP EDGE-FIRST DIRECTLY ON MY TOES OW

• Witnessed x 9
  18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

junk food has started making me nauseous all of a sudden. ive never been immune to the eats junk food -> feels scuzzy phenomenon but in the last month or two anything more than a little greasy has started to make me feel actually ill. at least i think it's the grease. all i know is that some foods that were just fine in March - including my staple breakfast - now make me feel like i might have to throw up sometimes.

• Witnessed x 5
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Witnessed on that. It might be due to getting older. I've had a similar thing happen - I used to be able to eat candy on an empty stomach but now it makes me feel cranky and nauseous. Or it might be related to having spent some time eating less junk food than you did before and your tolerance going down?

• Witnessed x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Customers here are so much more open with their racism/antisemitism than my last job.

• Witnessed x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice