Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

One of the main characters in this book I'm reading. She's supposed to be an annoying teenage protag, and she's actually written very well! She's just...also...an annoying teenage protag, who is also equipped with serious magical powers and enough overconfidence to fill a room and a chip on her shoulder that should require her to have difficulty entering a room.

You'd think that maybe, just maybe, having Overconfidence'd your way into getting someone sacrificed in order to close a portal to hell (that was only open because of your overconfidence), you'd have reconsidered some things about whether or not using magic casually whenever you want to is a good idea, even if you can justify its use. But nope, not Annoying Teen! Annoying Teen is, in fact, the cause of the book's main issue and it's happening because of her overconfidence again!

*annoyed muttering*

• Witnessed x 5
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Multiple different malware scanners haven't removed Redtext from my computer and I don't know what else to do. Does anyone here?

• Witnessed x 2
  3. turtleDove

One of the secondhand books I got looked like it was going to be about dealing with 'everyday' trauma (that is, stuff that happens from things that aren't big events that would obviously cause trauma), and so far it's feeling more like a treatise on the author's love affair with Buddhism and its history. :/

• Witnessed x 6
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm supposed to be dieting but I wanna take cake decorating classes because they're so pretty.

• Witnessed x 1
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I work in a converted bunker which is now a sales stand, and not only is it sweltering, it has a big hole in the side letting in heat so customers can come up. I am currently on one medication that makes me dehydrated and another that makes me not sweat. It's texas, so we're already approaching the hundreds in temperature.

It is true i only work one day a week but its still a 7 hour shift with only a floor fan blasting hot air around and a cooling rag i bought. I talked to my boss about it and he just said "it's only one day a week" and im not getting a lunch hour either, as he said i can eat when there's a break between customers and there never is because again, its summer. Best part?
    When im puking my guts out there's only a portajohn to use that has poop all sloshed up one side and its dried on and i want to die a little more every time i have to use it

Edit: its not a bunker, the word i was looking for is storage container. Sorry.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Witnessed x 5
  6. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

I made a venn diagram.

chart.png

• Agree x 7
    • Witnessed x 1
  7. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Some people take evil apples way too seriously.

• Informative x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  8. Two hours in fallout 4 survival mode down the drain due to a random-spawned Mr Gutsy.

• Witnessed x 2
  9. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Google keeps turning off the script I wrote that marks incoming email from spammy "petition your reps!" domains as copy-pasted mass mail because it's UNVERIFIED AND DANGEROUS!!!

And, for bonus points, never bothers to notify me when it does.

• Witnessed x 6
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It's disgustingly hot and I desperately need to shower, but I'm out of hot water and my payment card is missing, and the jackass at the shop where I have to pay it insists on offering long-term solutions for immediate problems. Yes, I am aware the company will send me a new one. That does not help me NOW, because I am out of hot water NOW.

• Witnessed x 3
  11. Spider tw
    I went to make myself some tea in my new detective pikachu mug, then I got the mug out of the cabinet and found an eight-legged friend inside. Now I gotta wash it again >:/

• Witnessed x 3
  12. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

aww, leggy friend forgot the first rule of real estate.

• Agree x 2
  13. Kodachi

I had the same thing when I went to make cocoa yesterday. Put it outside on the deck where the bugs congregate.

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  14. jacktrash

spiders are Good but often poorly situated

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 1
  15. turtleDove

I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with a cold, because my throat's been sore all day. :/

• Witnessed x 1
  16. Camber

Camber Active Member

was just thinking 'ah, the world's full of light', & apparently the Huge Moth that just flew into the wall by my bed agrees. it's still here! I have no glasses in my room! begone, moth

• Witnessed x 1
  17. jacktrash

happily takes ur unwanted moth

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  18. jacktrash

i didn't shake up my fruit smoothie enough and got a mouthful of cold squish when i expected juice

• Witnessed x 4
  19. Kodachi

I've been sick for coming on two weeks now. Begone foul pathogen!

I don't have a working motorcycle. I have two non-working motorcycles. I don't have the time to fix them or the money to buy a new one.

• Witnessed x 3
  20. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Do recipe bloggers really think that I'm going to stick around on their site if there's forty million ad popups and autoplay videos and a ten-minute scroll to get to the actual fucking recipe

• Agree x 11
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice