Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The book I'm working on reviewing right now makes a point of describing literally every Mexican character's teeth as stained or rotting with the exception of the one customer service guy. Seriously, did the writer extrapolate that idea from Mexican water not being fluoridated or something? Because it's very angering.

• Witnessed x 4
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

What The Fuck (not mad at you, mad at author)

• Agree x 2
  3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Sounds like typical racist depictions of us, honestly. 'Dirty Mexicans' is a very common stereotype.

• Witnessed x 3
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I do bring that up in the in-progress review. Every male character who isn't a love interest is described as ugly in some way, but the non-white ones get it much worse, and there's a lot of classism involved too. None of the other reviewers seem to have noticed that.

• Witnessed x 3
  5. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

my headphones broke and i just threw out the old ones they replaced and my computer doesn't have speakers so if i don't have any headphones i can't watch anything with sound or listen to music, which is what i do to deal with anxiety and adhd symptoms

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    • Witnessed x 5
  6. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

I set up part one of this series and part two of this series to happen in the same timeframe from two different POVs, PLUS part two is supposed to cover some missing pieces from part one, which means I have to constantly refer between the two of them and triple check e v e r y t h i n g I say

• Witnessed x 3
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Same book I mentioned above spent some time one of the villainous characters as being super-ugly, as if we couldn't get that he was evil already from his actions, he was Mexican, and they made a point of using the words "greasy" and "sweaty" in contexts which make them sound bad. Apart from the enraging stereotypes of dirty Mexicans, no fucking shit he's sweaty, HE'S AT THE FUCKING EQUATOR AT THE TIME. Why is this supposed to make him look bad?

• Witnessed x 5
  8. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i'd been starting to hope that the old "biblical literalism is trivial to disprove, therefore all religion is stupid" schtick had gone out of fashion, but i just stepped in a pile of it in an otherwise funny essay. please stop. it's so tired. so racist. so america-centric. i'm embarrassed for you, dude. just let it go.

• Witnessed x 9
  9. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

If I never see Good Omens TV discourse ever again, it'll be too soon.

• Agree x 9
    • Witnessed x 5
  10. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

D'you ever do a full load of laundry, and then you pull it out, and you're just...so allergic to all of it. And then it's like, great, now I've gotta deep-clean the washer and try all over again. =_____=

• Witnessed x 6
    • Agree x 1
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Professionally made birthday cake turned out to be the flavour I specifically told them I did NOT want. It didn't spoil my whole birthday or anything, but a) I fucking HATE jam sponge and b) this is the second time this year (the first being the ferret thing) of someone flagrantly refusing to listen to what I tell them I want when it's important. Dad's gonna demand a refund, and I did get a sundae. Still kinda pissed and need to vent. Eh. I got good books, it's cool.

• Witnessed x 9
  12. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Windows 10

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 2
  13. whyguy

whyguy blarg

there doesn't seem to be any way to revert a sims 4 mermaid to just a human in CAS, and I spend hours making and tweaking sims. =_=

can't just make her a twin that's not a mermaid either

• Witnessed x 2
  14. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

i have been mildly sick in one way or another almost every day this month

• Witnessed x 6
  15. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

Just got home from work to discover bf had a pizza delivered for himself for lunch and left the empty box on the stove

• Witnessed x 7
  16. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Kids woke me ups a few hours early today. Brain not working.

Also, I'm making some of the most challenging parts I've ever made. Well, they wouldn't be challenging if I had the right equipment, but it's like trying to move two dozen 50 pound bags of cement with a small motorcycle, or trying to take a large pickup truck through narrow paths in the woods. You can do it if you're really careful and take your time, but it's really the wrong machine for the job.

Mandrel 01 on Trunnion.jpg

• Witnessed x 3
  17. jacktrash

i've got 'rocketman' stuck in my head. which is fine, it's a good song. except i don't know the fucking words. i've never been able to parse the chorus, in particular. so it's like... i'm not the man they think i am at home, oh no no no, i'm a rocket man.... ROCKET MAAAAAAN GHLDAKJFGHPHERJGO;JKFA

due to my background in punk rock you would think this would be fine but somehow when it's elton john i can't cope.

• Witnessed x 4
  18. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

There's a possibly-a-cricket in my room, on the floor. Granted, I live in the basement and the house is poorly built, so I accept that there's going to be some degree of insects, but me and my parents do try and reduce the number of bugs in the house.

And I don't know how to get rid of it, because it's 2 in the morning and it's in a hard-to-access corner of my room, and I just want to not have to deal with bugs in my room right now.

Also there's a weird smell that's giving me a headache and I'm not entirely sure it's really there. And my room keeps smelling weird anyways.

• Witnessed x 5
  19. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Update: the cricket is now chirping. And Anxiety Brain won't let me sleep anyway while it's here.

• Witnessed x 3
  20. jacktrash

pretend you’re camping?

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice