Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. anthers

anthers sleepy

Someone who works in my particular section of the university (the [REDACTED] school of natural resources and the environment) has the last name provost, and she is not actually the provost, and getting emails from her is confusing

• Witnessed x 5
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I don’t have a racist relative here at this thanksgiving dinner, but I do have a dad with an unfortunate tendency towards armchair philosophy and a keen interest in the mechanics of black american identity who doesn’t comprehend the idea of a philosophical conundrum being out of his lane

and takes people not wanting to talk about it as an intellectual challenge

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    • Witnessed x 6
  3. Camber

Camber Active Member

there is actually No information on this assignment online anywhere, unlike every other assignment I have had in the last 2.5 years. how long is it? what document are we supposed to write it based off? what sort of style do they want it in? it is a mystery. either have been at the 9am in week 10 of the term where he explained this for two hours (that I missed for mental health shit) or be gone I suppose! (I will email him I am just. grouchy.)

• Witnessed x 3
  4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i'm having a flare and spent the whole day in bed. i've been up for 2 hours and already it's too painful to sit in chairs and i have to go lie down again. chronic pain is so boring!

• Witnessed x 4
  5. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

i moved all my shit to get my bed out from where the roof is leaking and so far it hasn't leaked one bit since i moved shit. makes it feel like it was all wasted effort.

• Witnessed x 5
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

surrounded by thanksgiving leftovers which I have no appetite for... I got my flu shot, I don't deserve this illness :(

• Witnessed x 4
  7. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I overslept this morning and consequently missed my personal training appointment. -_-

I was on a such a good three times a week workout streak too :(

• Witnessed x 2
  8. whyguy

whyguy blarg

work is going very slow and my face is annoying hot for no reason

• Witnessed x 3
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Is it possible to be annoyed at yourself? Because HOO BOY AM I DRIVING MYSELF BATTY

• Witnessed x 4
  10. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I got a Discord notification on my phone that someone is wrong on the internet but because Discord is currently completely unusable until such time as Google unborks their cloud service, I can't tell them they're wrong on the internet.

• Witnessed x 3
  11. I will never be free of my parents until they die.

12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Boy, it would sure be great if I could sleep through the night without waking at least twice (though four or five times is more usual)

I just want blissful uninterrupted unconsciousness, is that too much to ask?

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 1
  13. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Gods, what a mood.

A thing I've said on this matter before:
    "At this point, I'm about ready to ask you to rock me to sleep. With a very big rock."

I was not entirely joking. If there were a way to reliably knock someone into unbroken unconsciousness like in the movies I'd punch *myself* in the face.

• Agree x 4
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

The construction outside is really really loud and is literally rattling my house. It's horrible and I have to take my dogs out where it's even louder :argh:

• Witnessed x 4
  15. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Ancient aliens web sites. Ooh, look! Ancient Egyptians drilled holes in rocks, there's no way they could have done this with only copper tools!
    On the first page of a Google search I found a paper from 1983 detailing an experiment in which copper tubes with a slurry of emery and olive oil both cut efficiently and left the exact same tool marks. Must be aliens!!!

• Witnessed x 10
  16. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

A part of me always wants to ask those people why it is that they're so convinced the Egyptians and Aztecs must have needed extraterrestrial help to build their buildings but they're totally willing to accept that the Romans could make a building that's been in continual use since 126 AD, but I know it would just encourage them.

(The answer is racism.)

(I've also never seen one suggest that Mesoamerica got their advanced dental surgery technology from aliens, just the totally unprecedented idea of building small things on top of big things.)

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  17. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

everywhere I've worked, I've always had at least one coworker who's into the ancient aliens crap. at this point I've given up explaining that the pyramid has been re-invented by literally every small child ever given access to building blocks.

• Witnessed x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I slipped and left a really deep scratch on the inside of my wrist and it hurts like hell.

• Witnessed x 6
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

This has been stuck in my head all week:

• Witnessed x 2
  20. raydelblau

raydelblau the giant rat who makes all of the rules

my delicate mid-twenties digestive system is no longer letting me eat whatever i want

if i can't devour two consecutive bowls of frosted mini wheats cereal without getting a stomachache than what is even the point

• Witnessed x 7
    • Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice