Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Listening to republican relatives talk about made up bullshit.

• Witnessed x 4
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The middle support legs on my metal bed frame have broken, and the bed sways violently whenever I get into it. It's making me seasick, and I have no idea how to repair the thing.

• Witnessed x 2
  3. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Screwfix sell adjustable metal furniture legs in varying heights which can be bolted onto existing furniture, not sure if that's helpful?

4. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

My father updated his ipad and now he can't connect to the internet if he's away from wifi. I know the cellular stuff was working because I've seen him use the ipad outside the house before. I've been chatting with support for us mobile for about 20 minutes and all the stuff they're telling me to do I've already done, because you can find these instructions on their website.

• Witnessed x 1
  5. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Dad messed with the bolts on my bed and now it's swaying less violently but the legs are uneven so it's still wobbly, which is affecting my sleep. I've also been woken up early two days in a row because my landlords decided for some ungodly reason that all the front doors in the building needed replacing and this makes an unbearable racket. The combination has thrown off my schedule so badly I ended up not eating dinner till midnight.

• Witnessed x 1
  7. Sick of people making me feel like shit about my handwriting.

• Witnessed x 2
  8. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Years ago I had to try to update a macbook that i had forgotten the password to. I had a solid guess, but I ran out of tries and it locked me out. Took it to mac authority and asked them to take a crack at it. Showed them that I knew the email and that the email was my first and last name, so they knew I didn't steal it, and asked if they could do anything, anything at all, ranging from resetting the password to factory resetting the computer. I had back ups of everything I needed and wouldn't mind it.

Them: I can let you try your password again.
    Me: But if I don't know the password there's nothing you can do?
    Them: Afraid not.
    Me: So there's nothing you, the mac authority, can do with a macbook that I can't at home?

• Witnessed x 3
  9. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

The dumbfuck entitled white boy in my syntax class who likes to waste time in class with little jokes and trying to one up the professor. His most recent stunt is using question time before our exam about our exam to pull another of his jokes. She basically told him to shut the fuck up politely.

He grates.

• Witnessed x 6
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Why tf do people keep trying to make videos of themselves using cups instead of shoes to dance, there are a gajillion videos out there already of people doing that and hurting themselves, what makes them think it'll work for them??????

• Witnessed x 1
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Does anyone else get huge headaches trying to read long passages of italicized writing or am I just weird?

• Agree x 4
  12. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Not headaches per se but it is very hard to read if it goes on for like. Longer than a sentence. It's like...an emphasis tool. Or a way of stylizing quotes or internal thoughts. Not let's write three paragraphs in italics. My eyes get fucky if it goes on too long.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Somebody sent my boss an email that begins, "I'm not in support of discrimination, but-"

• Witnessed x 1
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Cleaning out my storeroom and it's smelly and half the stuff in there is mouldy because my flat is so damp. Gotta get in the habit of leaving the storeroom door open so air can circulate.

• Witnessed x 1
  15. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I can't fucking inflate my bike tire, I tried and I just made it flatter omg I am so frustrated with myself

• Witnessed x 1
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I think I have a skin infection on my back, but I can't see it to confirm.

• Witnessed x 2
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Skin problem may or may not be shingles, but can't be confirmed, because it's very sore and itchy but both doctor and mother have confirmed nothing is visible. Worried it might be a nerve problem...

Also, I now have sufficient fat and muscle that my father's coats and jackets will no longer fit across my back.

18. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

That feel when you're talking to someone and they sound super-excited about a thing but you're also pretty sure they don't actually, like... understand it at all, but you don't want to harsh their buzz by being condescending and preachy, so you just sit there like _(:ι」∠)_

• Witnessed x 2
  19. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Do they not teach kids how to work google anymore? I'm not around a lot of teenagers, but I'm on the larping subreddit a lot and about half of the posts are "I can't find a larp near my city! I've looked and looked and I don't know what else to do?"

Meanwhile, googling "Larp [city name]" gets at least one good result, and possibly a database of three or four, for any given metropolitan area. Getting in contact with that community can help you find something to suit your specific tastes.

20. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I mean google does not give everyone the same results, it is quite possible the personalized algorithm has taken your interests into account while theirs is very confused and trying to cough up any given thing except something helpful. Just yknow. It's a thing, google is a kettle of worms that doesn't even work reliably half the time anymore.

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice