Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Also opinion I will probably have to my deathbed: sirens. Are. Not. Fucking. Mermaids. They are closer to harpies, half bird. Not half fish. Half seabird in some lore, but bird nonetheless.

( @ChelG none of the above vitriol is aimed at you or anyone here, just in case my dumb brain isn't being clear cause it be like that sometimes)

(Double also if I'm wrong @everybody please feel free to correct me, water based mythological beasties are my Jam)

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

I regret taking extra hours even though I need them because the head cashier writes down the wrong hours frequently. Then I end up getting a call from another head cashier on the one day I specified I will never work. Love having an anxiety attack wondering if it's really the day I think it is, or if I wrote the wrong thing down even though I know I never work mondays. I want to quit this job but there aren't many other job opportunities in this town.

• Witnessed x 4
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Drawing Dave Strider's hair is impossible.

• Agree x 1
  4. Wormwitch

It’s 3 am and I’m awake because my father’s trying to kill a fly in the other room. It sounding like he was just randomly slamming the kitchen cabinets.

• Witnessed x 3
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

My washing machine just dumped water all over my floor.

• Witnessed x 7
  6. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Having two songs stuck in my head simultaneously so I just get the world's worst caramelldansen mashup

• Witnessed x 4
  7. Wormwitch

My father put a new doorknob on the door to my room when I was away at work. It's literally the only doorknob he's changed in the apartment, even though my door closed fine and the bathroom door doesn't. He hasn't said anything about why he's changed the knob, and he didn't discuss this with me before hand.

• Witnessed x 4
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Covidepression stir-craziness has me wanting to get out and move around but the weather's horrible.

• Witnessed x 6
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

This is like petty as shit, but. I hate having to wear a uniform at work. My ability to express my individuality is being muffled, and I get that that's kinda the point, but I want to wear loud colors and comfy clothing dangit!!!

• Witnessed x 4
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I usually try to avoid interacting with transmeds but there's one guy I really want to go on his blog and agree with all his posts about how much he hates HS^2.

11. Wormwitch

The storm knocked the power out for 2 and a half days, and of course it comes back on right after I finish taking a freezing cold shower. All the food in the fridge is probably bad now.

• Witnessed x 3
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I just painted my nails and now I really need to go to the bathroom but my nails are still wet so I can't touch anything.

13. ashtraymaze

ashtraymaze Member

all of our dishes need to be washed, and we have a dishwasher but i think something nasty got on the heating implement so the last time we used it, it produced smoke. so no, not using that... but also, no spoons to wash dishes manually

• Witnessed x 5
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The phrase "no spoons to wash dishes" is the kind that needs to be read more than once.

• Agree x 1
  15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

just had to pull a hairball out of my cat's mouth with my bare hands because it seemed like it was stuck in her throat and I was afraid she couldn't breathe

it was grooooooooss

• Witnessed x 3
  16. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

Irrationally mad that Dunkin' Donuts came out with coffee-flavored cereals before they came out with donut-flavored cereals. You're not fooling anyone, """"""""Dunkin'"""""""".

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

People who type out long paragraphs which don't actually answer the question I asked. I seem to be running into this a lot lately.

• Witnessed x 1
  18. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

i ran out of my usual shampoo & conditioner, so now despite showering my hair feels gross in a way that has me fantasizing cutting it all off

19. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Do you have dish soap? It's not great for frequent use, but it'll help with the grossness.

• Informative x 1
  20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I have a backup set for travel, it's just not the same kind and my hair isn't reacting right. I can imagine dish soap is way better than nothing, but probably not better than this stuff.

I'm gonna try "hydrate and go to bed early"

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice