Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Allergies Bad. No more itchy eyes, runny nose, and sneezing for me thanks

• Witnessed x 1
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Just autopiloted my strongest pokego Mon into the candy grinder :) he was my Gengar, my pride and joy :) I'm so fucking upset :)

• Witnessed x 2
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

bathrooms where the light and the EXTREMELY LOUD vent fan are controlled by the same switch :/

• Agree x 6
    • Witnessed x 1
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I don't get my new bedframe until Wednesday and I've been sleeping on a mattress on the floor for a month.

• Witnessed x 2
  5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

running in circles up against a wall trying to worldbuild the history of an AU that almost certainly no one but me will ever be interested in :/

• Witnessed x 2
  6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

That feeling where you're antsy and want to do something but any specific thing you think about doing your brain just goes :/ at.

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 2
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

accidentally told my phone to go ahead and update and the screen has been pinwheeling for 10 minutes now :/

• Witnessed x 4
  8. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

The most petty thing that bugs me currently is the current anime trend of, rather than giving anime girls cute fangs, just making part of their upper lip pointy and triangular. (See: Tejina-senpai, Uzaki-chan...and now even Satoko from the new Higurashi adaptation... :( )

Like, how the hell am I supposed to visually parse that??? Real people's lips don't do that!! At least I've never seen it!! And in any case, having a pointy tooth and having a pointy upper lip skin-stalactite are two different things!!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  9. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Was googling how to clean washing machines because I'm sick of weird lint scum on a bunch of my stuff and came across Wikihow saying to run your machine on hot with a vast amount of bleach and then if it smelled like bleach afterward, add vinegar.

That will probably be way too diffuse to make enough chlorine gas to get you sick, but like. Don't?

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 3
  10. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I think I'm going insane, you guys.

Three weeks ago I made a set of dice with gold leaf in them. For three weeks they rolled pretty standard, pretty fairly, nothing special, at my weekly live game.

Last night (monday night dnd) they rolled 4 nat 20s in a row and I decided "nope, that's a pattern, they must be unfair" and switched to a different set of dice.

Today I tried random-rolling them before tuesday afternoon dnd and couldn't get a 20 to save my life. Decided they were fair and used them to attack. First roll was a nat 20. Stopped using them.

Took them home, floated them, 20 was the heavy side to the point where no matter how I bounced it in the salt water it came up a 1. I could set it in the water with the 20 facing up and it would roll over.

Stopped floating them. Random-rolled them a little, for about 15 minutes. No real pattern. Which, 15 minutes of rolling isn't a lot, but if the 20 was that heavy I should have seen something right?

Floated them again, no pattern. Came up a different side every time I bounced them. Didn't roll over, didn't favor the 1 or any of its adjacent sides.

Rolled it once to see what might happen. Nat 20.

• Winner x 3
    • Witnessed x 3
  11. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

a nerdy ghost is trolling you

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 2
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm trying to very slowly get back to exercising because I let myself drop it during lockdown and now my muscle tone is gone and I'm getting hellish backaches. Trouble is it's hard to motivate oneself to exercise with the purpose of stopping pain when the exercising hurts. Ow :(

• Witnessed x 3
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

My only debit card worked just fine to buy a bus ticket, then abruptly refused to work when I tried to actually buy anything with it. There's plenty of money on the card, but I can't get to it >:(

• Witnessed x 2
  14. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

The fact that it's 07.00non a Saturday and I am wide awake -_-

• Witnessed x 4
  15. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I don’t usually get mad at my sewing projects when they’re tricky or don’t turn out perfectly. Usually I take them as a learning experience and do better next time.

that said, I want to throw this hat into the fucking sun.

2D6398A3-4931-44DB-BEF5-2DAE87E79686.jpeg

• Witnessed x 4
  16. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Was stung by a wasp while taking the recycling out.

• Witnessed x 5
  17. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Was gonna place an order with meundies, found it seems you can stack membership discount with podcast sponsorship discounts. Was sold on it bc i'd be saving basically half the price :0 but then it glitched when i tried to connect my social media account to checkout.

Eventually emptied cart and will think about trying again if i cant find anything better and less wonky to use

• Witnessed x 1
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I have to pass a typing test with at least 35wpm at 100% no mistakes by next week and so far I've gotten as high as 29wpm once, over the course of two days. No matter how long I practice and just grazing early nineties. I be stressing, they can't deny admission based on a typing test, can they?

• Witnessed x 1
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

People calling singular they pronouns a "grammatical trainwreck" while amply demonstrating that they themselves can't spell.

• Agree x 2
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Folk songs with hella catchy tunes and words that are un-PC enough that I can't sing along or use them in fanworks, like this one.

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice