Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

As someone who used to work for an escape room I am both mortified and sorry on your behalf

• Like x 1
  2. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Lost my phone somewhere in between leaving the car and going into work. Nobody's turned it in to the lost and found, and it wasn't in the car because I searched and tried calling it.

Edit: Someone called me and told me the phone was dropped off by some guys who are doing work on their house. They must have picked it up outside the home depot where I was working, because I know that's where I must have dropped it. I just don't understand why they would take it to the house of the people they are working for instead of say, taking it inside the home depot and handing it to an employee? At least I know I'm getting my phone back tomorrow.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    • Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I can't eat this ice cream because my teeth are still too temperature sensitive from the fillings i got... 2 weeks ago... teeth pls......

• Witnessed x 4
    • Like x 1
  4. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Coworker didn't understand something in an email that i thought was really obvious. Instead of looking up his question (or maybe he did?) he texted me to ask, then inmediately emailed someone else to ask them too.

The question was like "hey i can't find anything that says these covid restrictions aren't for our area"

the email said they were only for three specific cities, hours and hours away. And i think he should trust that his coworkers would get the word out if all our businesses had to start closing again.

Aagh

5. Wormwitch

So the woman who says she has my phone never showed up, and I tried calling my phone multiple times today but she never picked up. Apple says there's nothing they can do but suggested waiting a day and calling my service provider and the cops. I'm going to try calling my phone again tomorrow, and hopefully she picks up.

• Witnessed x 5
  6. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

A guy I've known for less than a day asked if I have a friends and family discount on my commissions.

Like. Dude. I've known you for four hours and you were kind of a dick the entire time.

• Witnessed x 5
  7. Wormwitch

Tried calling the phone again, and the woman's brother picked up. She's back in New York apparently, but never bothered to call my father to tell us that? Hopefully the brother calls me back after 4 or 5 like he said he would so I can meet him at the home depot to get my phone. I can't meet him now because he said he's busy, but I'm just glad I was able to get in touch with someone.

8. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

How much linguistics review there is in this neuroling/psycholing class. Like I get why we have to do it. Since there are psych majors here who don't know what the fuck the vocal tract consists of and so on and so forth. But this is all shit I've learned in other classes. I'm tired of fucking review. I want to actually study the thing I signed up to study, not sit there and listen to the professor tell me shit I learned years ago.

• Witnessed x 2
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Google warned me I have to change roughly 160 of my passwords. I didn't realise I even had that many.

• Witnessed x 1
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

ever since I installed Amazon Container, ublock has stopped working on Twitch. and Twitch ads are all like 30 seconds long and unskippable :/

• Witnessed x 4
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

My electric blanket's broken >:(

• Witnessed x 1
  12. verdantInquisitive

verdantInquisitive Eternally Perfect Maid

had an awful conversation yesterday with someone who didn't know that brain cells are matter.

• Witnessed x 3
  13. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

W...what did they think they were??

• Agree x 3
  14. verdantInquisitive

verdantInquisitive Eternally Perfect Maid

not matter, presumably?

15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Why is it when I write fiction it feels like I've written a lot more words than I actually have? It's like pulling teeth to get up to a hundred.

16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Also my flat has mice again.

• Witnessed x 2
  17. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Fell asleep on the couch and i guess the cat hair is irritating my eye

• Witnessed x 1
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

A mouse got into my building's hallway and died right on my doorstep. I hope it's not the same mouse I went to such pains to get out of my bathroom and put on the lawn this morning. I'm probably going to cry later.

• Witnessed x 1
  19. Aondeug

Videos of people horrified at South Asian and Latino ways of cooking rice. There's more than one way to make rice and there's far more than one variety of the shit. Use the methods common with the standard Japanese rice on Thai sticky rice and I assure you you will destroy the rice entirely. And if you try to use that short grain shit and that style on Mexican rice? It's not coming out right. You need long grains and to crack the rice. You may also need to cook it longer while stirring occasionally to allow it to burn a bit on the bottom and build up this tasty crusty bit at the bottom.

By claiming to be the rice police who knows the only true way of cooking rice you're just revealing how little you actually know about rice.

20. Aondeug

Added to this is the stupidity of "rice cookers are just for lazy white people" shit. Which I have seen and it pains me.

But also added to this is the frustration I have at being told that rice cookers are all you need for all kinds of rice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice