Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

That post was making a surprisingly good showing on the "stupidest takes I've seen on Tumblr" charts, considering the copious competition.

• Agree x 1
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I am still so baffled it is a take I legitimately saw.

• Agree x 2
  3. Aondeug

i started eating a fruit and only realized after biting into it that it was rotten

i hate

everything

• Witnessed x 6
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

scroll wheel on my mouse finally broke completely :P I got the thing at Goodwill like... 5 years ago so it's not a big surprise. I should probably wait until black Friday to get a new one...

• Witnessed x 2
  5. LadyNighteyes

when there's a good cute animal post but when you look at the source OP is a TERF.

• Witnessed x 3
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Very few print-on-demand T-shirt vendors have proper ranges of plus sizes.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  7. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

The woman at the front door of costco politely asked my father to pull his mask up over his nose and he responded by calling her a nazi. For fucks sake

• Witnessed x 9
  8. LadyNighteyes

Posts with like half the text in bold where I'm sure they're doing it because some people find it more readable but it renders it so completely unreadable to me that I don't even bother.

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  9. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

People messaging spoilers at me on tumblr because I made a jokey crack theory post months ago that turned out to be alarmingly accurate

• Witnessed x 6
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Petty and at least a little nonsensical but there needs to be more emojis that fit me as a person available. I want a rocking emoji, and a flappy hands emoji, and a covering ears/eyes emoji, and a toe walk emoji, and and and. I just want to express myself in a more personal way other than generic smileys and an oft used thumbs up

11. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I had the dumbest larping death of my life today. I was in a shield wall with someone, side by side, pretty much shoulder to shoulder. Someone started to cast heat weapon on his sword, so he hid it behind his back to break line of sight and stop the spell from working. When he hid it behind his back it crossed his back just far enough to tap me on the shoulder blade, killing me instantly. Friendly fire is on unless otherwise noted, and I was on my last life of the game.

The worst part of it is, no one was doing anything wrong. That's how you form a shield wall to hold a position. That's how you stop someone from destroying your only weapon. The two just so happened to interact badly, and we lost the game because of it.

• Witnessed x 5
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I have a large blood blister just under where my waistband naturally falls. Ow.

• Witnessed x 2
  13. Aondeug

The treating anime and manga and light novels as all the same thing. If you are going to talk about Tite Kubo's Bleach and the problems with Kubo's pacing then you MUST use Kubo's comic. Not the fucking anime adaptation. The pacing of the anime and the manga are so wildly divergent that like, even ignoring all the shit they add even to the canon arcs, it's just really not the same experience at all. It's the difference between shot gunning 16 glasses of wine in 5 seconds flat versus only taking a sip of your 17 gallon beer once every 16 days. Also like. When you've got creators like Naoko Takeuchi who were really fucking ambivalent towards the adaptations of their works in part due to how wildly they fucking varied. Maybe it's kind of really shit to like. Create a post about celebrating Takeuchi's art and not actually showing art she made but instead screencaps and promotional art from an adaptation of her art.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    • Agree x 1
  14. Aondeug

Subtitle discourse. Just. Subtitle discourse. It has progressed to the point where I've seen people with ADHD and who have problems with subtitles because accused of lying about having ADHD because someone else with ADHD needs subtitles. And I sit there just waiting for the day to be told my inability to focus on things other than the written words on the screen due to my autism just being like being a sign that I'm fucking lying because everyone with autism's got the exact same variety of problems.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 3
  15. Aondeug

really the entire brand of one size fits all accommodations discourse

• Agree x 8
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

One of my cowriters accidentally deleted a thirty-chapter fic right off AO3, and Hiveswap
    is wasting the potential of some characters I like.

• Witnessed x 3
  17. Aondeug

People arguing for things I agree with but like. With really bad misinformation in it. Especially when it is a case of someone admitting they're not certain in the post. Like if you're not certain don't fucking claim it? Look it the fuck up. Especially if it is something so easy as "What can I do without a subscription to Nintendo's online service?"

• Agree x 1
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm being told I need to pay £300 on a VAT account I closed years ago.

• Witnessed x 2
  19. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

broke the tab off this command hook... have none of the recommended tools to continue removing, as they are already Packed

• Witnessed x 1
  20. Aondeug

Laptop makers: Say. Would you like your trackpad which has dodgy input sensitivity to have a variety of functions assigned to gestures that can be easily confused for other ones? Especially shit like zoom. You really want zoom to be something that can be done by accident while trying to scroll right? That would be totally cool and awesome design right?

(i have since turned these things off but i get really fucking pissed about shit like this that is done for my 'convenience'. it isn't convenient. it's fucking ass. stop doing it.)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    • Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice