Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

So there's a chance the shitty kid with a bad attitude at my larp thinks I'm a cheater now.

Long story short, there's a really shitty, obnoxious kid who plays at my larp on saturdays. he has no idea what's going on at any given time, is either incapable or unwilling to listen when we try to explain anything to him, is an active hindrance on the field, and can't wrap his head around the general culture of humility, trust, and honor that all boffer fighting games run on.

Today, during a game, he hit me in the head on his way to my shoulder because he's using this enormous spear that he doesn't know how to control at all. I called "head" and kept fighting. He went to go complain to the referee and got told "no, that was an illegal shot, they killed you, go sit until you respawn." Which. Idk how much he understood. But it's in the basic rules of play that if you get hit in the head, any shot continuing from that hit doesn't count, and he clipped me good on the ear.

Later in the same game, end of the game, actually, it was down to the two of us. I had lost a leg and was on my knees. He was at full and had just come back alive. If I killed him I won the game, if he killed me the game continued until one person killed the entire field on one life. He hit me in the dead leg, which, again, per rules of play doesn't count, and I called it and continued in to fight him. He ran away to go complain to the referee again and got told tough titties, read the rule book.

Then he and his family left in a huff, and I won the game by default. Which. Doesn't really feel great? It also doesn't feel great that a kid who has no idea what's going on has somehow interpreted "Knowing the rules" as "cheating."

• Witnessed x 10
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I know what's going to happen in the beginning and the end of the novella I'm writing, but not the middle.

• Witnessed x 6
  3. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Don't be. He could learn the rules at any time. He's the one coming in with an attitude.

• Agree x 5
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

When fandoms plays "pair the spares" with characters they don't know what to do with when everyone else is sequestered away all neat and tidy in their own picturesque relationships

• Agree x 5
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

My trash bag burst all over the pavement. Ewww.

• Witnessed x 7
  6. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Dad kept bitching all morning that I wasn't moving or working fast enough, because we needed to be done by noon, but I was not about to wreck myself running around and hauling boxes. And we still finished in time anyways, even with him spending ten minutes talking to one of the neighbours.

I'll acknowledge that he was panicking over the thought of us not managing to get everything out and the place cleaned in time (and we did only finish with minutes to spare), but still. It is not my fault that there was still loose shit strewn around the basement and living room, nor is running up stairs with heavy boxes and over a slush-laden rug going to actually save any amount of time.
    If anything, it would've cost us time either when I beefed it and smacked my head on one of the furniture pieces the realtors brought in to stage the place with, or when I ran out of gas because I only have so much stamina.

• Witnessed x 5
  7. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

• Agree x 3
    • Useful x 2
  8. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

bank keeps sending me everything for and about my new debit card except the damn card itself, which I ordered in fucking december.

• Witnessed x 5
  9. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Looking for an insulated skirt to replace the one i'm returning. Found a promising one, but their "size chart" page says something like "get one size down from your usual size, except for skirts and [some other stuff]."

Ooookay. So i email with my waist and hip measurements, asking what size they recommend for this item. Their reply:

"What size do you usually wear?"
    I just sent back "I don't know? Anywhere between a medium and an XL depending on the brand and skirt."

Thats....really not how you provide sizing information

Edit: the store said their skirts are true to size so if most of my skirts are L just order L. I just might, because return shipping shouldnt be too much if im wrong, but i'm also gonna tell them to just make a size chart. I think theyre just dependant on brickspace shoppers being able to try stuff on

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    • Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  10. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

It really isn't. The shoe store I got my Bernadette shoes from went "our shoes are true to size" too, but...they also provide lots of info on their site about how to find your shoe size so that you're not needing to guess.

I mean, probably! But 1) we're now almost a full year into a pandemic where brickspace shopping has been Not a viable option for most people (and most brickspace stores have been frequently closed, depending on area and how competent the government is) and 2) even before that, a lot of people were doing online shopping because brickspace hours didn't work for them or they couldn't get to the store.

• Agree x 4
  11. Everett

True! Im not ordering from them because, as a final punchline, they don't accept exchanges for sizing reasons! Understandably bc Pandemic, but its like.....wow they are Not making it easy to shop unless you can personally go into the store. Pls note they sell coats and some insulated skirts, and the one i asked about is $150CAD. Not exactly something you wanna drop money on and then have to sell/donate

Edit: one more thing to complain about

Their site has like a "lookbook" page with pics of people wearing their stuff, as does their instagram. But the listing for each item is like...
    (Name of item)
    (Price)
    One single picture of the item on a hangar in front of a fabric backdrop
    The size selection
    Colour selection, but most only have 1 colour anyway

And nothing else! Description? Nope. Size chart, we've been over. Washing instructions are on another page.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    • Witnessed x 5
  12. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I have no more motivation for work, and haven't since at least lunch, and I really should be working

• Witnessed x 5
  13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Took a big bite of a chocolate before realizing that the filling was a Sensory-Unacceptable One.

• Witnessed x 9
  14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

My head is full of ow, but I can't just tip over and pour it out.

• Witnessed x 5
  15. Everett

Admin of a local fb group posted on their personal page vaguing about a friend and saying they just wanted to kick them from the group despite not breaking any rules. They also made my friend sound pretty bad in the process.

A bunch of people backed them up and said do it, i showed the post to my friend who messaged the admin and got confirmation that yeah they Were the one being vagued about.

Friend left the group on their own, admin made another post saying like, wow i cant believe someone would share my private post (with the person i was gonna kick)

like sorry admin if youre vaguing about my friend im Gonna show them. also unfriended the admin who didnt seem to realize that despite unfriending Friend and friends spouse, they still had like 20 friends in common sooo what did they think there would be no way their post could make it back to the person in question?

• Witnessed x 6
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Spent the whole night restless and unable to maintain a comfortable body temperature.

• Witnessed x 2
  17. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Headphones in the process of dying. It's time, they're years old, but while I wait for my new set to come in I have to deal with audio inconsistently dropping out depending on the exact angle of wire to input.

• Witnessed x 7
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I really hate bananas, but I keep feeling like I ought to like the taste because I like the smell.

• Witnessed x 3
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Song covers which over-correct the original's grammar, resulting in it no longer rhyming or scanning properly.

• Witnessed x 2
  20. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Popped off the back of my watch to change the battery and now I can't get it back on. Then I tried wrapping it in cloth and trying to get it closed with pliers but I smashed the front of it. fuck, so much for that.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    • Witnessed x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice