Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

My father's physical therapist made a joke about russians running over ukranians with tanks, and how Biden won't do anything to stop Russia. First off why would you bring up politics in any way on the job, secondly making jokes like that while people could be suffering is horrifying. The more time I spend in the small republican area of my state the more I hate people.

• Witnessed x 2
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but I feel like writers of the Simpsons generation shouldn't pick the first name "Cletus" for a character implied to be neurodivergent.

3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Google Apps Script is actively hostile to casual users and it's making a very simple task for work way harder than it should be.

4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

*takes fic author by the hand* buddy. pal. bestie. no one was thinking about incest before you told me to graphically off myself if I ship these two characters romantically. nobody at all. you brought it up. I don't ship it currently, but this is the fifth fic in a row I've seen tagged "incest freaks go die" or similar, and I think it'll only take about 3 more before I start looking up the / tag to see if there is anything good there because everyone seems so DAMN EXCITED about it

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  5. LadyNighteyes

I think if they're actually telling people to kill themselves in the tags, that's probably a reportable offense under AO3's rules.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

People who drama llama at me about how "CLEARLY NO APOLOGY WILL BE ENOUGH FOR YOU" when they never offered ANY apology.

7. Wormwitch

Forgot I didn't turn off the oven a couple of times today. Thankfully nothing bad happened, but I hate how easily distracted I was.

• Witnessed x 3
  8. Wormwitch

My father may have given his social security number away to someone he doesn't know. How do I even fix this?!

• Witnessed x 6
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I hate moving, there are so many things I need to do and I need to do all of them First

• Witnessed x 3
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I may or may not have a minor allergy to my ferrets. I've had bad eyelid eczema and a really runny nose for a while. I'm not going to give them up or anything if it is them, but I should probably get tested and check. Probably it's a dust or pollen thing though. Hope so. Either way I need some antihistamines.

• Witnessed x 1
  11. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

Hot and sweaty from packing, but hurty back needs heating pad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Witnessed x 2
  12. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I waxes my upper lip last night on a whim because the hairs were bothering me, and now breathing feels different. The airflow has changed.

• Witnessed x 2
  13. Wormwitch

Just learned today after having xfinity internet for years that I could have been getting rewards/watching movies for free. Wonderful, where was this info when I was still paying for netflix?

14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Next time someone whines about how Redwall is racist for having the mice be scared of the giant carnivores which regularly enslave and eat them I am going on an axe rampage, I swear. How can you miss that, even if it was an analogue for human racism, the carnivores are the white people in this scenario?

15. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

>makes a small anonymous edit on a wiki to fix a broken thing
    >immediately gets banned w/ my edit undone by a bot for """long-term spam and vandal detection"""

why do I even fucking bother

• Witnessed x 4
  16. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Too much celery in my veggie 'chili'

• Witnessed x 3
  17. Wormwitch

My father didn't tell me his occupational therapists were coming to the apartment so I was still in my pajamas when they showed up and had to speed dress/brush teeth/brush hair.

• Witnessed x 3
  18. LadyNighteyes

I hate how it used to be that you could plug moderate-complexity technical issues into a search engine and it would bring up actually useful information, but when you do it now it just brings up a million cloned websites loaded with SEO that all give you the exact same basic troubleshooting information and then redirect you to a shady alternate program they're selling that does the same thing as the program you're trying to get help for. Usually the phrasing of the text is suspiciously identical between them even though they're all supposedly selling different tools. You have to find a specialized developer forum or something to get any results where actual humans were involved, and those are never on the first page anymore unless you get lucky with your search terms. It's extremely stupid that searching YouTube works better for finding what should be simple text information than an actual search engine.

• Agree x 7
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I dislike the way people celebrate the deaths of famous people they hate. Margaret Thatcher hadn't been Prime Minister for decades when she died, so her death changed nothing about how the country is run now. She's not the dramatically defeated Dark Lord.

20. Wormwitch

My father is refusing to go to the hospital for his doctors appointment, claims they're listed as a covid hospital? Any idea what the fuck he's talking about?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice