Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Nasal polyp completely blocking my left nostril. Augh.

• Witnessed x 5
  2. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Trying to figure out how to get user flair on reddit. I know the subreddit allows it because people have it next to their usernames. Reddit help says to use the pencil icon under the new post button but it doesn't exist on my screen. I tried to do it through the app but it keeps saying it can't load the data.

• Witnessed x 1
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Favourite fic website was taken down and it's not on the Wayback Machine :(

• Witnessed x 3
  4. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

After spending a fair bit of effort on a Second-Person Present quest, I now default to that when trying to write Third-Person Past fic.

• Witnessed x 2
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Bursting into tears at the gym for no reason, and watching the bus I need drive merrily past the stop while I'm stranded on the other side of the road behind a very slow-to-change Don't Walk signal.

• Witnessed x 1
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I miss playing hearthstone, I don't have anything with good enough specs on it to play anymore and other collectible online card games aren't doing it for me :(((

• Witnessed x 1
  7. BaseDeltaZero

My internet at my apartment is kaput. Apparently the fiber optic cable in the wall is broken. It was supposed to be fixed Monday. It has... not fixed.
    I at least got a mobile wifi hotspot set up, finally, but still. Slow and expensive.

They say they're sending someone tomorrow, from 12 to 2. Which IME means 'anywhere from 6 AM to 8 PM'

• Witnessed x 6
  8. BaseDeltaZero

Update: Person they sent arrived around 2 PM.
    It turns out they did not, in fact, send anyone on Monday. So now that's... happening. At some time. Maybe. At least they promised to call when it's done this time.

• Witnessed x 1
  9. Wormwitch

My 83 year old father not understanding the concept of a wait list. If I tell you that you have to wait for someone to email you about an apartment because you're on a list that doesn't mean barge into my room, and make me come over to your computer to look at apartments again, while not saying a word out loud and then just pointing at the screen and grunting.

• Witnessed x 7
  10. Wormwitch

fun with having to explain waitlists again!! My aunt and uncle randomly showed up at my apartment so they and my father can lecture me about getting an apartment closer to work!! Like I haven't been looking/filling out applications that were emailed to me!! When you're on a waitlist, it means you're on a list and have to wait is becoming my stock phrase!! Hahahahahahahah i hate my family, and now they want to go out tomorrow to physically go to the offices like that will suddenly make the offices there give us an apartment sooner?? I think something is wrong with me, why can't i get people to believe me/not interrupt me everytime i talk?

• Witnessed x 11
  11. Wormwitch

Just found out that my cousin and my father were talking about getting me a job at a company i don't want to work for. At no point did either of them bring this up with me. And they both know i already am working at a job i like and I don't plan on leaving. I'm in the middle of trying to get an apartment near where i work, why would they think this was appropriate??

• Witnessed x 13
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

It is 4 am and my sister's birthday party is still in full swing if the music blasting tells me anything. I don't know how the neighbors haven't filed a noise complaint yet. At least the guests aren't being too rowdy anymore this year. They're all drunk off their ass and the ice around the keg is melting everywhere but no one's puked yet

• Witnessed x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice