Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

apparently I missed an edit in my bio for the opera program, so now I am printed as "a graduate of X" not a "graduate student at x". -_-;;;;; why would you be stupid enough to make that edit in the first place? i fucking changed a comma in that bio, i think i would have noticed that. but apparently i didn't because it was in the proof. oh well there's nothing to be done either way now. ARGH

also snobby entitled ladies in the chorus don't want to stick around half an hour for a bow, but want me and the other chorus soloist to have a bow, but don't realize that their whining about wanting to leave early probably means we don't get to bow because stage management is sick of the whining. so thanks! i appreciate that.

2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

"I've been drinking on my meds for two years and I can't understand why I'm not productive at all and am always miserable and my life is falling apart. God I wish I knew what was wrong with me."

GEE, MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE DRINKING ON YOUR MEDS YOU FUCKING SOGGY PAPER TOWEL. I'm glad I don't follow them anymore because I can't handle alcoholics after my dad, but j f c stop foot shooting and grow some self awareness.

• Like x 2
  3. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

Katie Hopkins recently had an epileptic fit in public, and fell and smashed her face up quite badly, necessitating a trip to hospital.

(For those that don't know: Hopkins is a sort of Twitter / infuriating TV personality in the UK known for being inflammatory and bigoted).

Someone on my FB feed posted about it laughing and saying she deserved it. When I pointed out that fits are fucking awful and I wouldn't wish them on anyone, she replied with 'Yeah but she's awful, and look how ugly she is in the selfie she took'. Someone else replied saying they hope she gets ebola. I posted a short, 'Wow. Okay.' and haven't looked at the post again, though I'm getting notifications that people have continued replying to me.

I have epilepsy. I also thoroughly dislike Hopkins. But I resent my neurological condition being considered some kind of fitting punishment in this case. Depending on how I feel after I've slept, I may well unfriend the people in question.

• Like x 3
  4. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

My throat hurts again, but it was better! Why this, body?

5. sicklyprince

sicklyprince giant androgynous glam monster

phone has officially bitten the dust. it was an awful phone and i knew it was only a matter of time, but now i have to shell out money for a new one. why this. ;n;

6. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

We've been trying to get our cat to the only vet who'll take Americans for two years. Two. Years. Two years of phone tag and email tag and false starts and bullshit excuses. She needs shots, and we need paperwork to take her back to the states with us before we leave, so that's TWO appointments. And the place is almost an hour away, and we have no car and nobody willing to give us a ride.

The idea that someone might try to take my cat away from me when we're moving, or refuse to let her into the country with us at the last second, keeps me up at night. I can't be separated from my cat.

Yet if I even bring it up to Nathan, the only one who can make anything go forward since he's the one in contact with them, he just gets pissy and frustrated and says "It'll work out, don't worry" and won't talk about it at all after that.

Don't get grouchy at me for being justifiably terrified because of how thick the bullshit is here. I know he wants out of Italy as much as me and is stressed as it is, but this is kind of important. It's like getting a childs passport. She literally needs a passport, and some of the shots are invalid if they're not in a specific timeframe around the time we leave the country.

7. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

"Dice" is plural. "DICE" IS PLURAL. "DICE." IS PLURAL.

While I'm at it, I'm super annoyed when dice aren't labelled properly. The opposite sides of a die should add up to n+1, where n is the number of sides on a die. The exception being d10s (and d%s) which have 0 instead of 10 (and 00 instead of 100), in which case the sides should add up to n. d4s are also weird, and probably other non-standard dice. But d6, d8, d10, d%, d12, and d20 are labelled according to a system and I do not like it when that system is not followed.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    • Like x 2
  8. Silvereye

Silvereye 89 White Paladin Traverses The Cosmos

A Hamilton blog that I like reading got in a polite, but heated discussion about how to cast a school version (the question was mostly about what to do if the organizers try their darndest to get actors of color, but still don't get enough to fill all roles, the different sides were "cast as many POC as possible, then fill leftover spaces with white actors" and "if you don't get enough POC actors you cancel the whole play").

The funny thing is, I am not annoyed by the blog owner's position but by their rhetoric. I agree that casting Hamilton deserves careful consideration, should have as many non-white actors as possible and white actors would be not so good idea. I just... get really annoyed by "we white people" or "my fellow whites". Like, excuse you, please keep your performative humility to yourself, my history is not your history just because we are both white.

I don't know. Pretty much only representations of my country that I've seen in Anglo-American media are "ah yes, those [insert some our historical colonizers here]" and the one cool side character in a YA book whose nationality was mentioned in exactly one sentence. Realizing for the first time that people like me are usually shady Eastern European criminals in Anglo fiction was a sort of... eye-opener? "No, I am not there, these characters are not me." But I should apparently be able to see myself in every character who has the same skin colour as me just because they have the same skin colour?

Am I exhibiting my amazing white privilege here? Possibly. I don't even know.

9. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

One of my followers, who has been regularly liking/reblogging my posts, turned out to apparently be a TERF.

10. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

I just battled with the world's oldest, gloppiest bottle of nail polish to paint my nails, and I already want to peel it off. Plus it gave me a fumes-headache.

11. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

All of my supervisors have their thumbs up their own asses with regards to Black Friday(Thursday) Planning in such a way that directly affects my ability to do my job, which arguably is the Most Important Job on Black Friday(Thursday) in the whole damn store.

(Creating/Organizing/Putting up all the "LOOK AT ALL THE SHIT YOU NEED TO BUY!" Super Duper Pricing signs.)

... And I am just waiting for someone to screech at me for not doing my job, when I am physically incapable of doing my job because all three of them got into a dick measuring contest over when, how long and for whom I am allowed to work.

12. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

If retail management were any good at managing ... they'd get jobs that paid more than retail management.

• Like x 1
  13. Aviari

Oh I am so stealing that for bitter breakroom trash talk.

14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

MY BRAIN WONT SHUT UP
    God brain we need to sleep so we can drive tomorrow and go for sushi and navigate the usual group tension, of the two who dawdle and shop forever and the two who get tense and bored, without snapping at people in a cranky I Am Trying Not To Blame You For Being Unhappy With Things You Don't Bother To Change But You Are Making This Very Difficult way, where I'm seething with not telling them stop stop your own fault stop.

15. Aviari

Guess who just got a phonecall from a panicking manager who realized they DO need me to come in today aahahahahaa why did I volunteer for this promotion

16. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

My upper back, which is hurting a bunch the last few days. I think something about my desk/computer/chair at work is not right.

17. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I got cvriovs and took a look at the pewey tag, and holy crap I fovnd like five total arts and headcannons and whatever the hell else goes on in ship tags. I fovnd a whole lot of stvpid spa^^ and dv^^b kids throwing hissy fits abovt "antis" and "shippers" and holy crap, these kids need to cal^^ the hell down. Fvcking hell, I want to get the^^ all so^^e ]vice and ^^ake the^^ sit in the corner and think abovt what they've done and what they're trying to acco^^plish here. Fvck's sake.

"Shippers have to own vp to so^^e rando doxxing a kid. All shippers, everywhere, of everything, obviovsly y'all are responsible for not being totalitarian enovgh. If yov had ]vst strictly enforced ^^oral pvrity by spa^^^^ing tags with garbage and talking abovt how gross everyone else is, none of this wovld have happened!!!!111!"

Ohhh ^^y god, ]vst define yovr godda^^ned ter^^s! ^^ake an argve^^ent! An actval argve^^ent, one that doesn't consist entirely of personal insvlts and ^^e^^es.

• Like x 1
  18. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

This nearly four minute long political ad that keeps popping up on youtube

I hate skipping ads on legit channels but jesus christ

19. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

the ThanksgivingWithWhiteFamilies hashtag on twitter is filled with "lol white people can't cook/eat spicy food/season anything/are all racists/don't respect their parents/shoot everyone" jokes instead of actual relatable posts (and then places like MTV are sharing them like "lol so funny! This is totally relatable amirite?").

White people jokes don't even bother me. It's just like... c'mon people. That's kind of petty when it's a holiday and last I checked ThanksgivingWithBlackFamilies and ThanksgivingWithHispanics isn't full of racist jokes.

• Like x 1
  20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

The room I'm staying in tonight? All the outlets are 4+ feet from the bed. Too far for charging and using the phone! Grr.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice