Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

YEP. That's what I remember when I got into the Homestuck fandom in... shoot, I forgot what year, but I've been in the fandom for several years. (Okay more than several, since I was like 18 which was.... almost five years ago.)

There used to be A LOT of sugary sweet Nepeta characterizations.

2. albedo

albedo metasperg

Oh man, mine did that too! Of course, I ran my ipod over with a car... oops. Impressive that it still worked after that. :T

Um, if the homescreen button is loose and not just stuck, you may want to be careful with your headphones; the homescreen button seems to be part of what keeps the audio port in place. Mine ended up coming loose to the point where I couldn't play audio anymore.

3. MintyJojo

MintyJojo Well-Known Member

@albedo: Weirdly enough, it actually started working again! On its own I didn't even do anything it's amazing. I don't know how or why but I will not look this gifthorse in the mouth.

• Like x 1
  4. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

I am annoyed at my brain. It will not sleep at night. It will not wake up in the morning. It won't be happy about new exciting things. It insists on being completely fed up with life, and it is very very annoying >:c

5. Rongeur

Rongeur ~Heartless Bitch Extraordinaire~

My brain just decided that everything about lamb gyros - the smell, the taste, the texture - is horrible and odious and totally intolerable. Even though they were my favorite thing ever at the start of the semester. And they're the cheapest complete meal on campus. And the truck selling the thing my brain says it wants to eat (for $7!) has long since fucked off.

6. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

I've got what feels like a huge lump in my eyebrow that's all sore. It's not really that big, but ugh.

7. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

I am so MAD at myself.

I can't wrap my head around how to work rpg-style systems. Even diceless ones. I feel so stupid. I can't grasp DnD, I can't grasp Chuubo's...

I can never do anything with my friends because my brain just refuses to see a lot of that as making sense. It just ends up in my head as gibberish.

8. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I AM SO FUCKING UPSET

So yesterday evening I went to the supermarket and bought a ton of cleaning products - more than I could carry on foot. The supermarket has home delivery, so I asked them, if I paid for it, when would they deliver. The answer was "starting at 10 a.m.", which seemed great to me. Except they conveniently forgot to mention that it's 10 a.m ON MONDAY. So my cleaning lady didn't get the stuff she needed to properly clean the house and I'll have to miss TWO CLASSES tomorrow in order to be at home for delivery. I am so, so angry, and it's 1 am and there's nothing I can do but AUGH AUGH AUGH I am SO upset.

9. kmoss

kmoss whoops

UGH WHAT THE HELL
    I will join you in being pissed about this, that's frigging ridiculous

• Like x 1
  10. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

i am very much ready for my brain to get over this latest depressive episode so I can get back to being human instead of an exhausted lump.

• Like x 1
  11. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Oh good god, the ringing in my ears... Had fun at the bar tonight, but the ringing, o the ringing :(

12. Emma

I have washed my hair with shampoo twice, and my hair still vaguely smells of smoke. I swear, if it wasn't the most convenient location to my flat for karaoke I would not go back to that bar...

13. albedo

albedo metasperg

Of course my flipflop thong completely ripped out on the way to work, instead of at any more convenient time that wouldn't require me to walk into work barefoot. Of course it did.

• Like x 1
  14. Emma

I washed my hair again, and my clothes, and I am still not sure whether the smoke smell is gone from both my hair and my clothes :(

15. kmoss

kmoss whoops

my neck needs to pop and i'm laying in a position where i can't get the leverage to do so
    ugh this is so lame

also i am theoretically running a dodgeball tournament tomorrow morning but no one has told me if I am or not :| and after that I have to work a very very boring basketball tournament across the street

and my roomie promised she'd do the dishes tonight but has not, and I have done them like 2ce in a row already. if i bring this up she will be very apologetic, the dishes will still not be done, and i will feel guilty

ooh, real thing that basically always irritates me; i have this thing about apologizing that comes from seeing my mom apologize all the time. basically, i hate doing it, i hate it when people do it to me, and I would much prefer that the thing you're apologizing for just gets fixed, if it can.
    i understand that apologizing is how people work through anxiety or whatevs, I get it, it's a thing, I am working really hard on not going "stop apologizing" because i know it ups the anxiety feedback loop. but every time someone "sorry"s at me, it gives me a spike of irritation. Usually I just ignore it. I figure that most people "sorry" at other people so they can get confirmation that the other person knows they feel bad about having fucked up in whatever way they feel they fucked up, or so they can get a reassurance loop going.
    literally if i have an issue with a thing that has happened or has not happened, all i would like is a. an acknowledgement that they have heard my issue, and/or b. either "it'll probably happen again" or "it won't happen again"
    I don't need to know you feel bad. feeling bad doesn't make the thing that's an issue not an issue. and i don't like being used as a pez dispenser of "no! it's okay! you're not a terrible person!"

16. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

So this is less annoying that just sudden and stressful but! I have 3/4 of a page and an art class assignment to fiinish before 6 a.m. Wednesday and 12 p.m. Tuesday, respectively, so I really could have used this not happening just now?

So fireman brother is going into the Air Force and, after spending a year being told "yeah you're in but we've no idea when you'll be going to basic, you need to pass all these tests but also you might not need to pass these tests because ~shenanigans~" he gets a call like an hour ago letting him know that he's heading off to basic TOMORROW at 2. Apparently he'll have no leave until after basic (9 months?) OR he might not have any leave until he's done more training after that, which would put it at TWO YEARS. And just what. What.

I guess I'm actually freaking out but I'm acting (and feeling) pretty calm. I suggested that he tell any of his friends who can to come over tomorrow morning before he leaves so he won't have to spend the rest of today running around seeing everyone he needs to. But I just ... am kind of grateful that I am and out-of-sight-out-of-mind kind of person and will probably mostly forget that he exists once he's gone, and won't mind getting by on texts and Skype calls or whatever. But I am also afraid that it won't be like that, and that I will wind up missing him a lot. I'm closer to him than any other of my siblings, in age and in - not character, exactly, but we've never had really horrible fights. We sort of drifted apart when I hit my teens, but we never had a bad relationship.

And now I guess I'm just going to have to get used to the idea that he's going to leave an have a life of his own doing STUPID MORON THINGS like GETTING SHOT AT.

Also, the goat milk that I put in my coffee tastes of goats. Not cool.

17. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

At least, being the air force, the odds of getting shot at are a little less than, say, Army or Marines. Most AF personnel are way back from the front lines of anything. There are exceptions, of course.

18. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

Heh, thanks! Unfortunately instead of doing programming like my dad, he decided he wanted to do either combat control or pararescue, both of which involve possibly getting shot at. I don't even know which one he got into, things are so hectic.

19. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Of course, knowing the forces, they might completely ignore that and stick him in a silo in North Dakota, who knows? Hopefully he will have the sense to be safety-conscious, at least?

• Like x 1
  20. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I hope so! Although it would make HIM mad. And yes, I think he will be. He's a pretty dependable person. ^^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice