Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I called in sick for the day, because I have a fucking fever :( Slept like crap all night, and I almost never have a fever, so this is just *perfect*. Stupid illness.

2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Office supply store: [spend fifteen minutes searching the entire store] "well, we don't have the normal letter envelopes you're looking for, but here's Protective Envelopes with different postage requirements. OR you could get these Fancy Stationary Envelopes-- only $10 for five!"
    Walmart: [spend maybe thirty seconds finding the appropriate section] "yeah bro we gotchu, here's 50 plain #10 envelopes for a dollar"

Why did I waste my time at staples. Why.

• Like x 5
  3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Stats teacher graded homework two weeks late, and the grade itself consisted of "okay but show your work even though I told you to just do the problems in your calculator or excel since we don't actually care about the equations just what they are telling us." Which, thanks!!! Thanks for nothing.

At least it was one of the homeworks I'd already written off because it was a nasty fucking problem to begin with and I'd already figured I'd gotten it wrong.

• Like x 1
  4. Loq

Want to draw. Have no tablet-pen nibs. [screams]

• Like x 1
  5. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

• Like x 1
  6. Loq

@rats thank you :o (I have replacements in the mail, but. The wait is killing me.)

• Like x 1
  7. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

My tower/gaming rig cost me a grand, custom built, and it keeps crashing at random. No one knows what's causing it. It's random for all we know. And it's fucking ANNOYING on a gaming rig!
    RRAAAAARGH

• Like x 2
  8. Aya-non

Aya-non Well-Known Member

I had a migraine, dehydration headache, or protracted stomachache pretty much every day last week. So of course today there's something irritating my eye and now it won't stop hurting. I don't have the endurance for this, it's sapping my patience for everything else, and I would like it to stop. If it's not one thing it's another and I just want to be done with the medical drama so I can focus on the unending cycle of job applications that wait for me.

• Like x 3
  9. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

Sometimes I can't even talk to my roommate because he's so hung up on super macho posturing status claiming bullshit

Like sure dude, if an eldritch abomination from the collective nightmares of mankind popped up you'd totally punch it in the face. I'm sure you would.

• Like x 2
  10. Emma

I am watching this cooking competition and this one woman keeps moaning about healthy eating, and how she wouldn't put a carb in the entree, and a carb in the main dish. And how the food is far saltier than she's used to.
    I can only think two things:
    1. SHUT UP. Why are you participating in this if you can't appreciate good food?
    2. You have got some seriously disordered eating going on. Seriously.

• Like x 2
  11. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

I've realized that taking my ADHD medication is choosing between either not being able to focus and being really optimistic by not taking it; or I can focus, but become super pessimistic because I can focus on existential crises. Ugh. I wish that I could be happy and focus at the same time, but my brain is just fucked up.

12. Emma

My nose is leaking fluids and it's annoying and disgusting.

13. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

my favored weld hood got borked so i had to pull out my spare, and it's not auto-darkening, which means it's all black all the time. I am seeing entirely too much of my face and i heartily disapprove. >:|

• Like x 1
  14. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

pointed sarcasm. i hate it so much.

• Like x 1
  15. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I'm mad at myself for being sad that my mom hasn't replied to my sorta-ultimatum about how I don't want to see her unless we talk about some of our shit first. She hasn't even... said anything. Not even to say "wtf". And I refuse refuse refuse to wilt and capitulate to her sad emotions. I need to enforce my boundaries and stick with people who respect them.

So no, self, I am not going to send up a followup that says "or not, that's okay too." I might send one that elaborates what I want/need out of the communication, and that the first thing is "First, I need you to say whether you want a relationship between us enough to be willing to talk about at least some of this, like I need you to." Preferably in a wording that isn't such an overt ultimatum.

16. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

People dropping the ball in really inconvenient situations. -_-

17. oph

I have dropped every single spoonful of Jell-O in this Jell-O cup onto my god damn shirt what is wrong with me today

• Like x 1
  18. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Your shirt hungers.

• Like x 2
  19. oph

If it wanted Jell-O, it should have eaten its meat.

• Like x 7
  20. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

My boyfriend is far away and I won't see him again till September.

That is not what's annoying me, though; it's the way I can't seem to stop moping around despite the fact that it's not a new development.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice