Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

about a year (i think) ago i got my hair cut and the hairdresser cut part of my hair shorter, right at the very end when i thought she was done, without asking me. It was like two inches shorter than the rest of my hair, too, so not like it wasn't noticeable

2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

i wanna write a thing, but no computer.

3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Subtly-slanted newspaper articles.

4. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

• Customer comes in to order medals for kids' soccer team
    • Customer does not know what color ribbon she wants, asks to see all of them
    • Talk customer down from "show me EVERY RIBBON" to "show me every ribbon that is completely or partly black because team colors"
    • Customer stares at every completely or partly black ribbon for eternity, chooses red/white/blue ribbon instead
    • Customer then remembers that there is a girl on the team and decides the gender neutral soccer-themed ball-and-goal medal is too MANRY for her
    • Talk customer into accepting gender neutral soccer-themed medal for girl because we have no Girl Medals
    • sure fine we'll put a pink ribbon on it, whatever
    • ma'am you are getting the cheapest medal we have, retail on them is 2bux each, we are not talking about Olympic medal quality shit here, I don't even know what exact metal they actually are other than to give you the answer to your silly-ass question, that being NO THEY'RE NOT FUCKING REAL GOLD
    • NO THEY'RE NOT EVEN GOLD PLATED
    • THEY'RE $2

• Like x 11
  5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

making words

• Like x 2
  6. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Do not randomly invite me to a group in an MMO without talking to me once or even telling me what the group is for.

Do not continue to spam me with invites after I decline the first three.

Do not re-invite me when I leave the group after politely saying "Sorry guys, I do not have the energy to teach a dungeon today, I'm going to go," after the 4th TPK that is entirely your fault.

Do not invite me to a raid 15min later, especially when your invitation still fits the first two qualifications.

• Like x 6
  7. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Editorial I wanted to read kept detouring into the food their interveiwees were eating. I can't tell if this is trying to highlight a class issue or if the author is just deeply fucking invested in the contents of everyone's plates, but I sure as shit couldn't finish reading it.

edit: Friend suggested it could be because they were paid by the word, which, somehow, only makes me more annoyed.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    • Like x 4
  8. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

staying at boyfriend's houses, internet so patchy

9. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I can't work. I'm too stressed. I hate it when this happens, I feel like I'm paralyzed, fuck it I'm gonna medicate this with booze before I go out w/friends tonight

10. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Headache that does not want to go away. I just want to play Pokeymans, dammit.

• Like x 1
  11. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

@ my guts: stop doing everything you are doing.

• Like x 2
  12. theambernerd

friend: ok we can go do the thing in a bit i'll keep you updated!
    me: ok, the thing closes in 2 1/2 hours
    friend: -says nothing for two hours-

l:

• Like x 1
  13. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Another forum made a style change without prior warning, and no way to go back to the old style :T Even ignoring reports from other users that the new style causes eyestrain and headaches in some cases, there is no toggleswitch to go back to the old style and my brain keeps going "this is WRONG" every time I try to look at the changed bits. [grumble grump]

• Like x 1
  14. theambernerd

I HATE FINALS

• Like x 4
  15. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

FUCK.

I wasn't getting disconnected from the wireless network before. But after the Comcast tech support guy did whatever he did to my router, I sure am now!

I do not feel that he actually listened to my description of the original problem.

Now I am having more trouble working from home than I was before I called them.

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuck

• Like x 1
  16. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

the douchebro friends are talking about marvel and judaism
    I don't wanna check what they're saying, cause they have a bad track record on E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G

• Like x 2
  17. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Trams aren't running in my town because a tree fell on a line (because high winds).

So I had to take an hour's round walk to get groceries. Through the biting wind.

On the plus side, at least that's exercise.

18. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

people whom you haven't talked to in years sending nothing but a "hey" out of the blue. like ... you haven't talked to me in literal ages, give me SOME INDICATION of what you want in your initial text!

• Like x 1
  19. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Correct reply: "Kay is out of the office at the moment. Please leave a massage after the tone."

• Like x 3
  20. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

appointment that i expected to be really short was long instead

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice