Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

The new tab page on my Kindle's Silk browser changed? And I don't know why and I don't like that it's got a white background while everything else has the usual dark grey background?

2. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Taxes. Every year I have such good intentions about doing them before the last minute...

3. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Ugh, taxes. Gotta finish the shit off this weekend. Motivation factor: only non-zero through fear.

4. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I still have to do my taxes as well... And about a million other things.

5. kmoss

kmoss whoops

@unknownanonymous
    well, have a hug anyway. I'd say you've got good reasons for not tagging. I have a strict "ask me and i'll probably think about it" tagging policy on my blog and so far I'm only guaranteed to tag for spiders. it's your blog, and you can control what you want to do with it.

• Like x 1
  6. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

thanks!

and yeah i know that. i think i'm mostly sad 'cause of how i'm sure that if there was less dickitude and call out culture and fucked up standards on tumblr, i'd actually be able to tag things helpfully for people.

that and if i wasn't such an adhd squirrel, always way too eager to see the next shit on my dash. like, i can do the spoiler tag thing perfectly fine on kintsugi and tag my fics on ao3 'cause both these places aren't as judgey as tumblr and don't go by as fast.

just, damn it, tumblr people, why do you make shit harder for everyone (including yourselves) by being such assholes so much of the time!

and the other funny thing is that if tumblr had decided to be dicks about stuff like, well, normal fandom nitpicking and theorizing shit (eg. the mechanics of sburb/sgrub, how many diamonds there are in steven universe and whether rose quartz is one of them, what the hell is happening in moffat's doctor who series, is there more subtext for this queer relationship than this other queer relationship) instead of social justice, i could probs take the dickery much better. as it is, however, tumblr is hitting where it actually hurts.

7. unknownanonymous

i saw a post that said "it’s worth remembering that since gems are canon genderless, rose and greg are a queer couple," and this made me want to bring this thing up again, 'cause i don't know quite how i feel about that post. like, yeah, rose is agender, so rose/greg is technically a queer couple. but that's not at all what it looks like from the outside, considering that the crystal gems NEVER even bring it up. and like, yeah, rose and greg can identify as a queer couple if they want, or just not be sure if they're straight. they don't have to identify as a straight couple, but they also can do that if they wish to, too.

but man, man, does that sure seem disingenuous when combined with people dequeering the canon girl/girl romances!!! and like, for the kids watching, it's probably no help representation-wise.

8. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

i'm going to fucking scream, my roommate has the same unannounced guest that she had last weekend and he won't stop playing completely shitty (not even good) hiphop so loud that it's drowning out my television. it is 11 PM. do you have no concept of quiet time. what the fuck is wrong with you.

after he leaves i'm going to have to leave roommate a note that says "no more guests until may 2" because i have finals starting april 24 and i literally cannot deal with having strangers in the apartment at all so having unannounced (!) guests who trip my anxiety meter (!!) and contribute to her being a horrible roommate (!!!) just leads to me being a trembly mess and drinking to deal with it.

9. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

siiiiiigh

Greg called Rose a woman several times in the episode and it's not like anyone bothered to correct him. Pretty sure he is straight with a thing for large ladies. Which imo is good enough as is because big women (whether they are fat, tall, or both) are NEVER presented as desirable to guys. Like for real 90% in the media fat women are ugly and obsessed with food and tall women are super intimidating amazons who scare off all the guys because they feel emasculated when they are much shorter than their gf's.

I'm pretty sure for the sake of representation their are a straight relationship, and gems seem to just roll with being gendered as female by humans despite being polymorphic sentient rocks. So it really bothers me when people go "b-but they are agender!" when it literally NEVER comes up in the show it was just a bit of trivia from the creators. As cool as it is, I almost wish that information didn't come out.

I guess it bothers me because in a way I am like the gems? I am agernder by technicality but don't really mind being gendered as female by other people. If I were to date a guy it would be a straight relationship, it I were to date a girl it would be a lesbian relationship. Gender doesn't affect my life so much that every relationship I am in is automatically queer and tbh I almost find that patronizing and insulting? Like if I were to go out and date a guy I would get all the benefits of having a straight relationship and everyone around me perceives me as female (which I am okay with! I don't experience gender strongly enough to experience a ton of dysphoria!) anyways so it's not queer. If I was gonna date a girl I would have to deal with homophobia and backlash from my family and me not caring about my gender doesn't make it any less of a lesbian relationship. I'm not going to tell any other gq people they have to feel the way I do but I feel like a lot of these tumblr kids need to shut up and stop helping because it winds up super annoying and invalidating.

• Like x 1
  10. unknownanonymous

@liminal

i feel you there, on how tumblr ruins the cool trivia of them being agender for you. it does the same thing about the doctor being canonically nonbinary in the doctor who expanded universe, even though in canon he is perfectly fine with being gendered as male, for me. like, i'm agender in pretty much the same way you are, the way the gems and the doctor are, and just... why?! just 'cause something can technically be a queer relationship doesn't mean it actually reads as one to outsiders. or that the actual characters care.

like, is that trivia about the gems actually doing any good, the way tumblr has latched onto it?

it feels sometimes like tumblr is trying really hard to win the most Social Justice Points for their faves, and has a big fixation on making everything they like The Most Progressive Thing Ever, even if it requires stretching. 'cause on tumblr, shit is either the Literal Cis Heteropatriachical White Devil or Jesus Come To Save Us All From the Sins Of This Oppressive Fuckball Earth. and no one wants their faves to be the former.

11. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

My own inability to do the things I should do is annoying me. Blargh. I feel like a privileged couch potato.

Also yeah wow tumblr.

I think you should tag as much as you like. A "this blog does not tag" warning might be nice but tbh ultimately it's not your responsibility.

• Like x 1
  12. Emma

I HATE WRITING ESSAYS.

Especially ones that have to have some sort of philosophical bent. I am seriously ungood at this, and I want it to F OFF and GDIAF.

13. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I get kind of weirded out about people referring to Rose, Pearl, Lapis, Peridot, etc, basically every gem except Steven with feminine pronouns/titles, but using 'they' for Jasper. I dunno, it's not a big thing, it just comes across as 'only immediately viscerally obvious feminine characters/skinny androgynous folks are girls, duh, Jasper's too big and too manly to be anything but a they'. Also how so many people bring up how she gave Steven a black eye as the ultimate sign of how she's an evil unredeemable trash character when she outright stated that she believed him to be Rose or some trap or projection of hers. Which seems to me to have entirely different ethical connotations. Plus, how sure are we that common gems even know what children are? Also how nobody who brings this up seems to care that Lapis and Peridot both also attempted to/actually harmed Steven. There just seems to be a lot of weird double standards in this fandom.

• Like x 2
  14. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

So many boxes of books to move.

15. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

they're fucking cooking. what if i did something horrible

16. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

My life sort of did an about turn, I am still reeling a bit. The person who wrote the couch potato post is a different me. This is so weird.

(I am mostly fine, so no need to worry but yeah.)

17. Emma

The fact that my housemate seems to be incapable of time management to get dinner on the table in time. I am so gigantically fed up with this jerk.

18. albedo

albedo metasperg

I'm gonna be really fucking happy when my coworker gets back from vacation and I stop getting overloaded to the point of losing words every day. =_=

All these people need to stop making mouthnoises at me.

19. Emma

The involuntary muscles contractions or something that have been going on in my hip. It's really annoying! Pain I can handle. Random flutterings/vibrations I cannot.

I want them to stop :(

20. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I get those in my thighs and they suck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice