Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

A LONG POST ON TUMBLR JUST SWITCHED FROM HAVING CAPTIONS BELOW THEIR RESPECTIVE PHOTOS TO HAVING THEM ABOVE WITHOUT REASON OR WARNING.

2. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I hate how when something itches you put stuff on it to make it stop, but then it only gets worse, because you touched the itchy spot.

There's a reason doctors say itching is worse than pain >.<

3. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

The grocery store moved everything around in their produce section. Why would they do that? I had a system.

4. Emma

Sometimes grocery stores apparently just like to do that to you >.<.

Also: it's ridiculously early 'o clock and I am awake. Because I HAVE to be :(

5. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Family is looking after moved-away cousin's baby for the weekend. Baby has unhappy guts. Baby will not stop crying for more than a few minutes I can hear it down the hall. I am attempting to maintain a proper sleep schedule.

Blar. She sounds like someone's putting her in a blender. I know it's not her fault and I feel bad for being so annoyed but I'm particularly sensitive to noise.

Also I've been going to bed at night and waking up before noon and I'm still perma-tired.

6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Me, and procrastination, and growing, looming wall of financially-induced stress. I was laid off a few days ago, and I'm a week behind on chatting with my dad. Now I feel like I have to confess doing poorly, and that he'll be mad and scared.

(He cosigned on one of my student loans, but for various reasons hasn't been able/willing to help me with it. He is covering for my car/insurance, so I try not to hold it against him when he promises to do so and has something come up...multiple times. Try is the operative word.)

7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

[​IMG]
    I think that sums it up.

• Like x 1
  8. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Being awake while feeling so out of it. That's it. Woohoo. Mondays.

9. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Ugh, a botched friend-date is getting on my nerves.

Backstory: I invited my friends Gui and Will to come over on Sunday and make vegetarian tacos with me. Fun, right? Except the movie friend-date I had scheduled on Saturday got moved to Sunday, and since the people involved in that one I see way less, I chose to prioritize that. I told my friends that seeing as today is a holiday, they could come over yesterday or today. I got no reply, so I figured "welp, another time".

Today, though, I wake up to several messages my friend V. (whom I've been avoiding after the realization that he's an asshole) saying "the guys told me they're going over to your house tonight, if you want you can all come to my place instead". I went OHSHIT and told him "wait, they didn't tell me anything, anyway V. during the day I can't because work, but I might be able at night, I'll discuss my plans with the guys".

Promptly, I call the guys up. The were still asleep (it's 9am, perfectly reasonable to be in bed) and I woke them up. I asked Gui about today and he said they'd planned to call me when they woke up. He said he didn't want to go to V.'s apartment, and because I told him I'd only be free towards the end of the day, he said to call him up after I'm done with the papers I need to grade in order to actually decide what we'll do. Feels like he doesn't feel like coming over and just doesn't want to tell me. I'd be OK if he did (I live kinda far from him and he has to wake up early tomorrow, I'd totally accept to go to his place instead or to just reschedule for another day), it's not being sure that is bothering me.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  10. Emma

The itching is back, I have no fucking clue what's causing it, but the doctor seems to think it's mosquito bites. Only, apparently I am reacting so much that corticosteroids were needed :( However, these take so much time to kick in :(

11. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Have headache that probably won't go away until I see a doctor, because sinus infection has reached that point.

Also I'm kind of in that state where I want/don't want to do stuff. Depression and motivation and boredom are creating an odd mixture and I'm just. ehhhhhhhhh.

12. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

Must you clean the entire apartment right now? Must you run the dishwasher? Must you run the laundry machine? Must you do them at the same time? Must you waft your disgusting combination of bleach and vanilla drugstore burning oil into the living room where it gives me a migraine? MUST YOU???

ETA: Retreated to the safety and quiet of my bedroom ONLY TO HAVE YARD MAINTENANCE START BEING OBNOXIOUS RIGHT UNDER MY WINDOW. UGHHHHHHHH

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  13. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

I have a cold, oozing greeny muscusy cold. And I want it gone buts its not going to be gone because diabetes killed my immune system (i'll end up walking on graduation day with sniffles... probably). This cold is also giving me the mother of all migraines and my eyes are watering. Has anyone found a cure-all yet?

14. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

There are too many things. Too many. The things they are many.
    Things to do btw. Dad not taking the dogs for their walk of his own volition annoys me too but eaugh.
    I want ramen and I have too many food cravings.

15. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Addendum: Oh lord, so the company I did some possible logo design for have decided to stay with their old one but there is NO DECENT QUALITY VERSION of their logo in vectors anywhere so now I am painstakingly cleaning the nicest jpg I can find three pixels by pixels to make the change requested.

Design fail. Granted, it is an old logo and probably they didn't even use vector tools to make a logo that doesn't lose quality if you resize it, but like, augh.

16. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Ugh, disgusting!

17. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

@Raire That feel, I know it.*bunp* We have a "customer artwork drinking game" (quotes because we don't actually drink at work, much as we'd like to)

Customer sends artwork in a Word doc, Powerpoint presentation, or other non-image format: drink
    Customer sends 50x50 gif: drink
    Customer attempts to fax full-color logo: drink
    Customer sends artwork that is a blurry photo of a mug, banner, patch, or T-shirt with the logo on it: drink

In other news, I just got home from a 12-hour day I'm only getting paid for 8 hours of and opened my front door into a 90-degree apartment because the air conditioner that was supposedly "fixed" two weeks ago has crapped out again.

18. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

@Lerxst
    Oh lord, yes, blurry pictures and stuff in word documents drives me mad.

Aw fuck :< Sorry about the aircon bad luck, especially with such a long day! I hope the night turns out to be relatively cool for the season right now D:

19. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Stupid cat woke me up at 6 (fell asleep ~3) because J is up for work then during the week and that's when cat gets fed. Now I am tired but not sleepy.

Also I think I put a rib out of place in last night's show and it hurts like hell.

20. albedo

albedo metasperg

It would be really. nice. if the world would stop conspiring to overload me.

I was going to use Saturday as my recovery day... and then the water heater broke. Great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice